Reviews for Fairy Tales and Fractured Hearts
Smart, brilliant, touching... I loved the whole of it! Bravo!
PastOneonta chapter 3 . 3/26/2016
This is great. I remember this episode and my reaction. You describe Peter's guilt and regret very well. His emotions and concern for Neal make him so much more than just his job. But his job is often why he has to do what he does. In this case, he had to check on Sam. Neal is excellent too. He is in pain and out of control and forced to face his entire false life. Can you imagine?

Very well written, with a credible and meaningful reconciliation. Thanks for Mozzie. Thanks to your beta, iam theair. I am going to see what else you have written.
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 3 . 8/26/2013
Loved it!
Guest chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
Meh. When you consider that Peter and his wife have been kidnapped at least once because of Neal, and could have lost their lives...when you consider that Peter has almost lost his job several times to help Neal...Peter was totally right in doing what he did. Neal does not realize it is not only himself he affects with his rash actions. Neal gets other people hurt, other people kidnapped, other people killed.
Peter was totally right.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
That was very intense but you did a really good job of not demonising either Peter or Neal for the choices they've made and instead showing that they're both flawed and have both made mistakes but ultimately the bond and affection between them is what really matters.

You also very realistically showed how difficult the conversation was that needed to take place between them but again in the end it was very in character that they eventually managed to reach a better understanding of one another, and that Neal realised Peter does trust him in all the ways that count.

I wanted to quote dozens of lines but in the end I chose this because I could really picture it in my head and it was such a Peter-like reaction;

"Peter took another sip of beer, not that he was thirsty; it was more to hide his smile of amusement, because of course a nine-year-old Neal was in a pool hall. "

I really did enjoy this :)
yesIamheartless chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Awesome story! I really wish they would've included something like this in the series! Great job!
nannyg43 chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Wow! great story. You captured the tone of the characters and did a great job getting them to spill their guts!
Chris chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
really lovely story
govgal chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Haha. I can only imagine the trouble that Neal was getting I into at nine years of age. I'm glad he reconciled with Peter though.
True Love Lives Forever chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Amazing chapter. Thanks.
alli1 chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Excellent look at the turmoil between Neal and Peter. The dialogue seemed very true to character. I'm looking forward to more.
Stroma chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Very good.
wotumba1 chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
love how you describe peter's situation with the 3 colors!

the beginning of the talk sounded a lot like peter giving up on their friendship! so glad that changed later on!

love the quote from the last ep!

great story!
melles chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Awww, what a powerful and emotional chapter! You just did a great job writing this!

There were so many lines that I love: "As crazy as Neal made his life, Peter couldn't imagine—didn't want to envision—what his life would be like without his partner…his best friend…his brother, in it."

Or the outburst from Neal and Peter's thoughtful words, everything just fits wonderful. You also used some lines from the latest episode when Peter explained why he chose Neal to be his CI. Great job!

It's good to have the old bromance back and that the boys are good finally. Thanks for sharing this fantastic story!
Fierce Queen chapter 3 . 10/6/2012
Perfect ending! You did a real good job with this. It has the emotion we needed from the actual episode. I like how you took some lines from the season finale and used them here. The comet analogy was great!

Wonderful job!