Reviews for Sasquatches and Spider Webs
Sphinxius chapter 8 . 11/26/2014
What a great story. And I just have to say, I love how you write. Your dialogue really sparkles, and your command of all of the characters' voices and personalities is supreme!
Autobot-of-Music chapter 8 . 9/8/2014
I really enjoyed this story. Keep up the good work :)
SPN Mum chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
Haha! They actually saw a sasquatch! I don't think it was anything other than Betsey making people disappear. Now Kelvin is just one more, and I don't think he'll have anyone looking for him. It's a good thing Dean intends to take Sam to a clinic in the morning, just to be sure he'll be okay. Maybe next time, Dean will listen to Sam, and not go hunting something without researching as much as possible first.
SPN Mum chapter 7 . 9/4/2014
Yay! Dean and Bobby got to Sam just in time. Stupid Kel got exactly what he deserved. I'm just sorry he died so quickly. Why he thought he could get away with murder in the name of science is beyond me. I'd rather have him killed by his pet, than be shot though. That's Karma. lol I hope Sam won't have any ill effects from the spider bite.
SPN Mum chapter 6 . 9/4/2014
That Dr. Rand knows what he's talking about. That is exactly what happened. Luckily, Dean saw Kel before he could escape, and now he and Bobby are following the creep. I hope they get to Sam in time. I hope Betsy hasn't gotten hungry and made another appearance.
SPN Mum chapter 5 . 9/4/2014
Yeah, I knew I didn't like that Kelvin guy! Dean really needs to find Sam and then kick that guy's butt! Definately a serial killer, just a different type. I'm sure he's claim it was all in the name of science.
SPN Mum chapter 4 . 9/4/2014
Yeah, see what happens when Dean doesn't listen to Sam? If Sam has a bad feeling about something, or suggests that they wait til morning to act, I think Dean should listen! Now Sam is missing and Dean doesn't have a clue what took him. Good thing Bobby is close to get there soon.
SPN Mum chapter 3 . 9/4/2014
Yeah, that guy wasn't suspicious at all. Geesh! Late for something or not, he had no right to almost knock Sam off of his feet, then blame it on him. Maybe he's so full of nasty there isn't anything in the area that wants to chomp on him! lol
SPN Mum chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
Sounds like Dean is going to be sleeping on the hard ground tonight! lol What a crazy story! No wonder Sam had a hard time listening to any more of it.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Poor Sam. He really is having a hard time sleeping and eating since Jessica died. I can see where he would want a hunt to occupy his thoughts instead. Too funny that Sam recognized the waitress was high school and Dean didn't! lol
Susan Ladigo chapter 5 . 6/18/2014
Just found this story today but came across an discrepancy. End of Chapter 4 you said Bobby was putting his bag back into his beat-to-hell Ford pickup and yet this chapter starts out with him pulling up beside the Impala in a p.o.s. Chevy S10.

Otherwise, enjoying the story so far.
firstcatfish chapter 8 . 12/9/2013
Good story. You definitely had my heart in my throat in places. There was a bit of poetic justice in Kelvin getting taken out by his own spider, but you gotta love the stupidity of people who think they can tame wild creatures who are used to killing to survive. Good job.
zekeschance chapter 8 . 11/10/2013
Great job on rewriting ch. 7 but I thought it was fine as is! Loved this chapter! Cute how Dean really wanted to go after Bigfoot but big brother mode kicked in! Loved your sick Sam. Poor thing. Liked how you brought up the estrangement between Bobby & John. I believe they let bygones be bygones too since that's who John wanted Sam to call after the car wreck. Really awesome story!
Colby's girl chapter 8 . 11/10/2013
Well done. A much more satisfying ending. The first ending was ok. But as you said, it felt rushed. This was a more appropriate pace. Now I can't wait to see if an epilogue or sequel will be offered to hear of Dean caring for Sam through a rough recovery from the drugs, venom, infection..etc.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/22/2013
Interesting story, with good plotting and suspense. The ending chapter was very abrupt, esp ecially the wrap-up paragraphs, so I'm glad to hear that you're considering an epilogue.
The other thing that I glossed over or wasn't explained enough is the spider's fang.
It wasn't clear to me that there was a fang left in Sam in the first place, so I was quite surprised when Bobby had to extract it in this chapter. Also, is this normal spider behavior, leaving a fang
in their victim? If so, does the spider regenerate fangs to replace the lost ones? I would have
also appreciated some explanation for why Betsy was so freakin' large! Even if it was just Kel rambling on about how he'd found this extra-large spider a few months ago while out conducting his field research, and he juiced her with some radiated Miracle Gro and then she really got big... Like I said, it doesn't even have to make sense, just some sort of reason for the giant arachnid. Or is it named Betsy because it used to be Betsy and mad-scientist Kel turned the missing undergrad student into a giant spider, somehow?
The giant spider web picture rings a bell for some reason, I think I saw something similar in an article from Texas Monthly a few years ago, or the Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine?