Reviews for She's Got Sorcery
AmethystWren chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
You're right; this needs a conclusion. As in really needs one.

The idea of the statues not feeling like, well, statues, was fantastic! Plus, like Hanso said/thought, it gives Xandra plenty of time to cook up her revenge. Which we all know she's doing. She didn't seem like someone to let such things go.

Hanso's worries were very real. They're the sort of things that post-TFR Hanso probably would think about and worry about.

And Brynn throwing the shampoo bottle at him was great! I can so see that!

True. Brynn's been in the Guard for Brightvale and Faerieland, so there's probably a lot of criminals who don't particularly love her. And she's been the CAPTAIN of both, no less, so that's MORE reason for criminals to dislike her.

And Hanso's just Hanso. It seems like most people in TFR loved him or hated him. Or pretended to do one when they clearly meant the other (*cough*Jazan*cough*).
YuPokeOh chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Awesome so far. I'd love to see Xandra break free and target their child. It would make a very interesting read, that's for sure!
Star-Speckled Dragon chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This story really has a lot of promise! It provides an interesting method for character exploration and development, and spotlights Hanso's fears and worries well. I say "promise," however, because it also feels like it needs a bit more to really complete the story (it doesn't have to be much at this point, just one more chapter should do it). In particular, considering the subject matter at hand, I feel like it needs a bit of a happier resolution - Hanso can still be worried for the safety of his future child, of course, but it would feel more balanced to also bring in a glimmer of hope/reassurance as well as show off a bit of the joy at the prospect of starting a family that was only briefly mentioned thus far. After all, we know from "Everything Is Alright" that things will turn out... well, alright, and it would be nice to see a bit of that reassurance here. I would personally also be rather interested in seeing some of Brynn's perspective in all of this.

Besides that, the only other suggestion I'd make is actually in regards to the summary. Between it, the title, this picture and the opening quote, the story really starts to look more like it's about Xandra than anyone else. (Heck, before I took another look and saw your penname by the story, I was mostly under the impression that it was meant to sympathize with her using an argument of an unjust punishment). If your intention was to surprise us with the reveal as to why Hanso's suddenly thinking about all this, you did a good job; however, the summary (and opening quote, for that matter) suggests a bit too different of a theme than the actual one. Perhaps tweak it with a bit of information suggesting that Hanso's worried about something, or else specifying that Xandra could be using her time in her petrified state to be plotting revenge?

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded review, but I wouldn't have written it if I hadn't really been taken in by this story and wanted to see it grow. (All of the feels! And I simply adore next-gen-related stories, heehee). Best of luck, whether it involve continuing this or simply moving on to future endeavors!
Making Derpy Monsters chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
*sits on edge* i lOVE IT OMG
I LOVE HOW YOU HANDLED THE PREMISE; WITH ANY PREGNANCY COMES DANGER, BUT NOT FACE-MELTING DANGER. JUST NORMAL LEVELS OF DANGER AND I FEEL THAT SOME FIC AUTHORS FORGET THAT.
ALSO, WHY AM I THINKING XANDRA SHOULD HAVE WACKY TELEPATH MAGICKAL POWERS AND MESS WITH THE KID'S MIND IDK I JUST LIKE THIS FIC ALOT TO THE POINT OF ALL CAPS