Reviews for A Study in Stupid
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 1/7
LOL What a fun character study, and very nicely written. :)
TheFictionFairy chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Very cute, and an excellent spin on the whole fish-out-of-water trope that is usually applied to Thor. I very much enjoyed that you made him self-conscious/self-aware and intelligent enough to actually seem like a real person, as opposed to the cliched stereotype of a funny foreigner who can't work a microwave that we usually get. Good work!
ZGory chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
I just spent two hours searching for this fic because it left such an impression on me after the first time I read it. I remember initially bristling at the title because I was taking that at face value before reading the actual summary.

What awaited inside was such a treat though as I believe your fic is one of those rare stories which tackles Thor's own self-esteem issues. The man wants to be well liked after all the trouble he's brought to the realm, and he does so at the expense of his own image. I've only ever seen one other story that dealt with the guilt he feels over all the trouble he's brought, and that was a bit more of a depressing tear jerker that will break you. So it's nice to have a more lighthearted alternative.

It's a breath of fresh air after the alarming amount of actual stupid!Thor fics (and yes, I will admit that I am guilty of writing such a story due to an eagerness to jump back into fic writing).
Caramel.Raven chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Your writing is really sweet. And I must agree that Thor's ignorance is cute at times, and hilarious in crack!fics but I've always thought that he's intelligent in his own way. He's not cunning like Loki and he doesn't always arrive at the best of conclusions but I never thought him dense.
I like the development of the theme inside the story. It really is a full circle. And it's also interesting how you explore guilt and what it can lead us to do.
Thanks for writing and posting :)
LG CaRa
Memory25 chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I like this story very much. Some of the concepts of heroes are rather trite, and I really don't like it when they make people so shallow and 2 dimensional. Which is why sometimes I prefer books to comics, really. . But that's neither here nor there.

I congratulate you on your wondrous ability to expound on Thor's curious lack of knowledge towards Midgardian customs and other technological advances that Asgardians have not been privy to despite his year long stay in Midgard (was it a year? I'm not sure but think it was long enough...) that should have acclimatized him to the wonders that is city life as well as dissuade him from spurious questions or comments.

Coughcough. And yes. Please read the whole thing out loud without punctuations. I dare you. And I wrote the whole thing without looking up a dictionary so if it's not as intellectual as it should be, well, I dare you to write something equally wordy and intellectually heavy without one! XD
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
LOL XD

Thor really is smart. I always love stories in which one character knows more than they appear.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
'Thor is forced to shed his cloak of stupidiy' that one line almost ,killed me. Excellently written story, the ending is fantastic!
Flynne chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I've meant to review this story before now and somehow that never happened. I really liked it! I think Thor is pretty darn smart - he's underestimated because, yes, he's a bit slow to pick up on Earth culture. I thought it was awfully cute that he'd experiment with something like this. And you gave him an interesting reason, too - "Loki was a know-it-all, and nobody likes him". The way you described Jane's lack of a verbal filter was hilarious. I liked Steve's little intervention with Thor at the end (ooh, shirtless Thor! Thank you for that, by the way). ;) Tony's plea for the Roomba and "Ow. How did that even GET over there?" made me laugh. Will definitely keep watching for more from you!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Haha. I love Thor. He's so adorable. My favorite line though: "Perhaps that is why Loki seems *flagrantly* more comfortable in other worlds than he."

Loved the emphasis there. Made me snort. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Love Thor! Awesome fic!
Aurora Marija chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Oh my God this was brilliant! I was laughing the whole way through, and it was just so well done! I finished and wished immediately there was more! Love you for this!
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
what the hell is a roomba?!
Dreams of Shadows chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
That's what I like about Thor as well- I often describe him as a dog as well.