Reviews for Inspiration
smilelaughread chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Very nice use of the prompt, and I think the charactarization(s) were/was really well done. It seems like Severus would try and make himself forget who Lily chose, even though it's partially his own fault.

I liked it, thanks for writing!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Great interpretation of the prompt. Yes, the Marauders were a rather elite group weren't they? Even if only in their eyes :P Or James and Sirius.

Anyway, I rather liked this. I think you have Snape's feeling accurate. He never was going to like James. Never, ever, ever!

There were a few grammar issues, especially in the last sentence. I think that could have been broken up a little better as it's rather difficult to follow as one whole sentence.

But it was still good. Well done.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
You should probably format so your actual fic is separated from your authors notes.

[everybody knew that, they thought that they were the best group around] - perhaps a dash would emphasise that point a little better.

If that definition is a quote, then quote it, ie. use quotation marks.

I also think you need to break your later sentences up with commas. Some of them drag.

I like the single-mindedness of this; you've written it quite interestingly. It really showcases the bitterness Severus feels from being "second-best".
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is a good use of the prompt. I can imagine Severus being very bitter about the Marauders thinking they were better than anyone else. Or at least, I can imagine him looking at the Marauders that way. I think the sentence about Severus wanting Harry to be like James was very insightful. The last sentence was a bit off. There's punctuation missing "...even if nobody else believed him; he knew the truth" would work. Or a period between the two thoughts would work as well. Nice writing!