Reviews for Tough Lessons
Wordlet chapter 1 . 8/22
I feel inclined to leave reviews when I read a good story, which this is! Its a hard lesson for any doctor to learn, and one that Chopper never really has to deal with on the ship, the crew is so full of life! But if he had a real practice on an island with normal people he'd be in trouble if he didn't learn this lesson. A touching piece about the trials and knowledge our cute and deceptively brave doctor faces.
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 1 . 4/5
The lesson every caregiver, doctor or otherwise, has to learn. You can't save everyone, only very rarely can you save someone who doesn't want to be saved and you can never save someone who refuses to be saved.

Very nice take on this trial by fire. Well done.
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/14
This is rather well written. It's good characterisation.
Nevamyne chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Bittersweet. Love it.
RenKain chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Poor lil Chopper. Its so easy to imagine him at that stage: believing Kureha could save the world and then being faced with the reality of a situation like this. Makes me want to hug him.

I also like how you've written Kureha in this- strong and nearly unbendable but with a good sense of empathy just like every other doctor (maybe a bit more warped than most, though). She understands that Chopper has to come to terms with the harsh side of life by himself, but still feels a little sorry for him.

Love it!
Son of Whitebeard chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
The student becomes the master good medical knowledge
Swaben chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Aww, what a heartfelt story about Chopper. You wrote Kureha well too. You have some good interpretation of Chopper's relationships to his teachers. Nice job.