Reviews for Towards the Setting Sun: Darkness
pistonsfan75 chapter 1 . 7/17
Excellent! Love the way you capture Shang's grieving her loss. :,(
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 1 . 2/2
Good story

I hope you update towards the setting sun soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
This is really good! I love how Shang tries to be controlled and everything but fails miserably...
Just a little point: at the beginning, when the man brings the new that mula is dead, usually, it would be "the bad news is" instead of "the bad news are"
Otherwise, great little oneshot1 Please, please, update to your story!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
What about her Family though if anything they WOULD suffer the most from her death if her Familie's reaction to her joining the Army in the movie where to go by and now thinking about it that would be even more heartbreaking and when Mulan is rescued and the war is over they would be reunited once more
dance-4444 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
can you please finish the other, main story! its killing me! please! you havent updated in ages!
RoseFalles chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
standing there till dawn omg thats so sad , I'm bawling right now thats so in character with him X(
Cathy Cooper chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Thank you for that. It was wonderful. Please, continue this story to it's conclusion.
Bao Li Na chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
This was beautifully written. Thank you. This is exactly how i think he would react to SUCH a tragedy.
EbunnyLove chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I loved this one shot and I am glad this was chosen to be the bonus scene. We all had an idea of how Mulan would act in response to Shang's death (Mulan II) but we didn't know how Shang would respond if the tables were turned. I think you did an excellent job with this. I can't wait for your upcoming chapter is the actual story :) Happy writing!
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
*applauds* This was great. I mean it, it was a touching read. All the things that Shang feels is quite the thing because they seem to fit. I mean yes we see part of him in the movie, but I really do think that all of it fits his character well. Case in point, him wrecking his tent. He made a promise to her family, and he broke it. He never really got to tell Mulan anything, and so I imagine that he'd feel that sort of anger. I really liked the part where he almost said something that he probably would have regretted to General Su, although I really couldn't blame him if he did. Let's face it, that's something hard to take in; hearing that the woman he loves is, as far as he knows, dead.

The memorial scene was short and sweet. I didn't know if it would be prominant or what, so I had let my mind wander when it came to it. I liked how it turned out. I guess after all of what Shang felt right afterwards, there's not much that needs to be said. So, it was a bittersweet way to end this.

Well done on this story. I'm quite pleased with the outcome to the prompt. I look forward to the end of TtSS.
TheCdKnight chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
When will the next chapter of ttss be out? I'm anxious to see what happens next.