Reviews for The Road Ahead
Doc Yewll chapter 2 . 2/8
Eu que não ia querer cruzar com ela depois disso...
Não tem coisa pior , para acordar um assassino dentro da gente...
GGRRR
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 3 . 8/4/2014
Gorgeous, gorgeous writing. Emotionally complex and riveting in its delivery. Well done.

-Q
NDBaby chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Excellent pov story. Captured him so well.
orestes chapter 3 . 12/28/2012
Incredibly detailed. Thank you for painting a wonderful story from Chakotay's POV on this episode. I've always imagined there was something more to their story and you captured it brillantly.
Helena Gray chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
A wonderful examination of the darkness that invades their relationship in the later seasons. So glad there's great fic like this to give us much, much more than the series writers ever could/did. Glad to stumble upon your work - will be reading more, for sure.
CallHerVictor chapter 3 . 12/10/2012
Wow. Just wow. This is a great piece with just lovely writing. Well done. So well done.
CallHerVictor chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
How did I miss this piece? Holy crap. This is amazing.
Jordan Trevor chapter 3 . 9/22/2012
Wonderfully intense! A full circle of emotions – Chakotay's building resentment, their confrontation, and the forgiveness and understanding that followed and promised a renewal of their friendship.

You captured Chakotay’s inner thoughts, and the voices of both characters were believable – their words and phrasing perfect!

I like the span of time that the story covered. And it did shed some light on Chakotay’s actions in “One Small Step.”

Thanks for sharing!

JT
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
great story
badmelk chapter 3 . 9/20/2012
wow what a twisted road you've lead these characters through. from hate to lust to friendship. well written as always. its so engrossing that i cant stop until i get to the end! thanks for sharing :)
ghosteye99 chapter 3 . 9/19/2012
An intense piece of writing!
every1ssleeping chapter 3 . 9/18/2012
I’ve always found it somewhat disturbing that nobody seems to realize that most of Janeway’s actions would be considered completely normal if it wasn’t for the fact that the writers decided that *this week* endangering other people for greater good – to stop murderers – is *not* okay. Hey, isn’t that what the “good guys” are supposed to be doing? Risking their lives to stop someone from hurting those who cannot protect themselves? And suddenly it’s such a horrible thing and everyone is appalled that Janeway would risk everything to do just that? It’s not like they have a problem just with what she did with Lessing – they have a problem with *everything* she does in that episode. What’s more – the fact that the Maquis do not seem to relate to what she’s doing and why she’s doing just that… seriously?... And just what were you, guys, doing before you joined Voyager crew, hmm? Shouldn’t they be particularly sensitive to this kind of situations? When there is someone who has the power to stop the killing but will not do this, because it will mean giving up their own safety? But no. This week we say that what Janeway did is just plain wrong. No discussion. I’m not saying that letting the aliens get their “hands” on Lessing was a good call. But there is something to be said for what Janeway says to Lessing when he challenges her: “You could also call it poetic justice”. Another thing – people keep forgetting what it could mean to Voyager AND to Federation to let Ransom continue on. What happens when someone gets the idea that this Federation is something that needs to be destroyed to protect everyone else? We’ve seen how well that went with 8472 – when they thought that Federation was potentially dangerous they’ve decided to strike first. Even if we forget about protecting the innocent there’s still the question: well, what about protecting your Federation? What about protecting your own ship in the long term, when you’ll encounter species which had already made acquaintances with Ransom’s crew?... Sometimes fans bring up the promise Janeway made to the aliens, to deliver the Equinox. She also says “I know what I'm doing, Tuvok”. Normally, this would be interpreted as one of those situations when there’s a famous third solution and that she didn’t say anything about the actual crew of Equinox, but this time we assume that she’s just going to let the aliens kill everyone. That whole time Ransom has Seven of Nine and nobody except for Janeway seems to have any problem with the fact that people who torture and kill sentient being to enhance their fuel have one of their crewmates. That’s just sweet. Okay, that wasn’t exactly what I was planning to write as a review for your story but I want to say that I very much appreciate you adding some excellent points to the Equinox discussion through this story. As always, your writing is on a highest level. The storyline itself was very compelling and moving – hey, you got me crying and I don’t do that too often :-) I’m glad that there was a bit of a happy ending this time ;-) Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
myfavoritegame chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Bravo!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
"I wouldn't expect anything less of her, but spirits above, below, and around us, if she could just be a little less *her* sometimes, I might not have to fight so hard not to strangle her."

Favorite line I've ever read for this pairing. Hands down.
mabb5 chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
There are great fan fic writers. And then there is Quantum Silver. She's one of the best out there. And this excellent story is an example of her skill, her insight and her talent. Well done. Well done indeed. As always, please keep writing.