Reviews for Her Greatest Fear
Very good.
MonkeeMaven chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Sweet story!
SnarkyAndProudHufflepuff chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Awe poor Gilligan and Mary Ann, but at least they're able to help each other out. I don't know what the creators thought when they created the episode of "The Hunter," one of my least favorite episodes let me tell you that. That man was truly disturbing, and I'm using that term lightly here. Great job overall I liked it. :)
Magenta-Skye chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
I really loved this! Wonderful story!
nkurej chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I could hear their Gilligan's and Mary Ann's voices as I read your story. You did a great job here with a very seet story.
K9grmingTwihard chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
I just loved this story. Both Mary Ann and Gilligan are having nightmares from the Kincaid incident and they have unspoken love for each other but neither of them want to admit it.
Teobi chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I had 3/4 of a review written for this story and then Windows froze on my Notebook and I had to reboot and I lost everything I'd written. Normally I'm smart and I save stuff if I anticipate problems but this time I didn't. TYPICAL.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know how harrowing I find Hunterfics and always approach them with one eye shut in case something dreadful happens. In this case, something dreadful DID happen- Gilligan threw himself in front of Mary Ann and was mortally wounded and died in her arms after telling her he loved her. The chills ran all down my arms. Not our beloved Gilligan! the episode is so weird, don't you think? I applaud them for trying out the subject matter but on Gilligan's Island? the cats put in great performances as always, but half way through the episode it just became silly, and then it ended all too quickly and the guys were all seen laughing around the radio- although Gilligan *did* look slightly uncomfortable when the Kincaid story came on. They should have shown the other castaways being happy that he had survived.

But back to your story. I think it's the first Hunterfic I've read that tackles events from Mary Ann's POV. The other main writer who used to write Hunterfics wasn't a MAG shipper, or a shipper of anyone really. Her stories are harrowing enough but this one, from poor Mary Ann's perspective, brought tears to my eyes.

I can't bear the thought of Gilligan dying in her arms covered in blood while that maniac cackles. But I adored this bit-

. When Gilligan saw what was happening he pushed his way to her bedside and gathered the young brunette into his arms. He knew all too well what she was going through, and what she needed.

"Mary Ann, it's okay…I'm right here…you're safe."

Eyes darting around the room, Mary Ann finally saw him. Like a drowning swimmer, she locked him into a death grip and began to weep uncontrollably. Gilligan rocked her back and forth, gently stroking her hair. He continued to whisper into her ears, reassuring her that he was alive and well and she was safe and sound among her friends.

I love how you write Gilligan. I really do. Mary ann's gallant protecter, even in his own hour of need. He's selfless and courageous and any girl would be lucky to have him by her side.

. "Please don't leave me," she pleaded, sliding over enough for him to lie down beside her.

Gilligan suddenly felt confused. He wanted to stay with her, yet at the same time he was embarrassed. Behind him Ginger whispered quietly to him.

"It's all right, Gilligan. She needs you right now."

Gilligan nodded and he took the spot next to her while she snuggled into his shoulder. Ginger drew the sheet up over them and said to Gilligan teasingly, "Remember your manners, sailor man."

She kissed both of them on the cheek and returned to her own bed.

- Awwww! Aunty Ginger kissed them both on the cheek! Adorable.

The whole last part of the story is just heartbreaking and life-affirming and wonderful. They DO need to let each other know how they feel! And they need each other. Soul mates!

. "What can I do to help?" he asked.

"Hold me while I sleep tonight. The nightmares went away when I knew you were with me."

So precious. I'm lost for words. (There's a first.)

I love this so much. A Hunterfic with a happy ending. Closure of sorts for both Gilligan and Mary Ann, as they realise they're both stronger when they've got each other. Love conquers all!

Thanks for another great GI fic, Matt. I'm so happy you joined this fandom!

T x
JWood201 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I've already procrastinated enough on my homework tonight, but this is beautiful. So short and sweet.

I could squeal and flail about the MAG in this fic, but I really loved Ginger here. She was much more insightful and caring than we usually give her credit for and she shows that fantastically here. She knows instinctively what they need to be able to heal and she does what she can to facilitate it. She's an awesome surrogate big sister.

And I totally "aww"ed when she tucked them in and kissed them both on the cheek. Adorable. 3
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I love it, Matthew :D That was great to wake up to.

I am in love with the relationship that Gilligan and MaryAnn have in your stories. You are truly talented.
tomboy author chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
What a awsome story. So sweet. I so love this couple and I could see Gilligan doing this. If only he wasn't too shy and scared to tell Mary Ann that he loves her. This was a really sweet story, I hope you write more.

Thanks again.