Reviews for Bending Fate
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Oh I liked this very much.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
a great story
Nimuea chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Another wonderful story that fills the gaps in the show. And as always gripping and well written. I hope more of these stories will be written by you as I think you capture the essence of the characters so well.
4Bluetiger chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
This was a great read. I always felt that there was not enough interaction between Trip and Lorian in the episode. Something like this is exactly what I would have liked to see.

That was a very plausible explanation for Lorian's name. I'm glad he made it clear to Trip that he valued the time he had with his father.

Lorian giving Trip the PADD with as much of the cure as he could remember should be more than enough for Phlox to work his magic. The ending was very touching. I really enjoyed this.
Ciliegiacara chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This is an amazing idea! And I like the way you hinted at Trip's illness without making it obvious. This would fit right into cannon. Thank you :-).
panyasan chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Thank you for a great story. I enjoyed the interaction between Lorian and Trip and the impact that Trip had on Lorian's life. The end caught me by surprise, but I liked you left the mystery open. Hope to see more of your hand.
DinahD chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
What a lovely story! I really like the relationship you developed between Trip and Lorian. The father-son chat about the selection of Lorian's name was especially nice.

The end was a surprise. The vast majority of stories you read about E2 has Trip dying from an accident. It's obvious just how much Lorian cares for his father. He's been given an opportunity so many of us would love to have - the chance to save the life of someone we love.
Mambomama chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Very interesting take. I like.

Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Great piece, it made me want to rewatch the series!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
"You might not have had the opportunity to teach me much about all of this…but instead you taught me the importance of being my own man and making my own choices." He locked his eyes on Trip. "And that's something I've never forgotten."

Beautifully done. And your explanation for why Lorian wasn't named after Trip was very interesting, as I had wondered about that myself (especially since Trip told Malcolm in 'Shuttlepod One' that he was confident there would be a Charles Tucker The Fourth one day), thank you!
Alelou chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Hmm. So you are suggesting that Trip is going to suffer from this rare genetic disorder? It would seem so. Interesting. (Jeez, can't the man ever catch a break?)

I like the interaction. The irony of Trip having to father a man of Lorian's years is nicely expanded on here.

And I have always wondered about "Lorian." Trip has never struck me as a big fan of Middle Earth, nor can I imagine T'Pol wanting to name a child that way, so I like the idea that it's a Vulcan ancestor of hers.