Reviews for Finding Distant Skies
reppad98 chapter 36 . 9/12
Waah, the last chapter, and then I'm all caught up. I'm both happy and not happy with that, because it was amazing to read this story (again) but it isn't finished yet, which means I'll have to wait! D: But for now, let's enjoy this last chapter...
Yeah, ironic indeed- I do hope it'll fail again. Cyrus has a flair for dramatics, and that might be his undoing. That, and Drew joining the good side again (wishful thinking here :P).
May probably should be thinking of other things than Brendan and Drew, but poor girl, she went through so much... They all did, really, and it's not over yet. And I don't know if splitting up is such a good idea, but time is running out...
I liked that you mentioned May remembering her hometown, it was a sad moment, a sad realization that this was the end and that she would never return there, but it worked very well.
Drew is looking for N, I think? Or his brother... Or they're the same person... Whoa, poor N! And wow, Drew and N are brothers? I'm not sure if you meant that, or if it's a red herring, because N was raised by Pokémon- but perhaps his backstory is different in this universe. Nope, definitely his brother, thanks for explaining. And dammit, Drew, sacrificing yourself isn't going to help anyone! D: May calling his name was a classic moment, but he still continues on, and May has fallen, N has gotten captured, and he's saved again, but Drew is still stuck, and he's gone- Wait, that can't be right! D: Cyrus laughing can never be a good thing, but Drew still seems to be alive- Cyrus planned it like this, whoa, I hadn't seen that coming. I really thought he wanted N... We still don't know everything, but at least they were right about Giratina having a role in whatever is going on, even if Cyrus was the one who planned all this. And what what what, Drew is dead?! I... have no words. I know that with different universes and all you have more options to keep him alive, let him live in another world (May's world?), but still, he died in this world... He did... right? Dammit, I'm not still not sure, mostly because it's just a hope that he'll be alive. I mean, his Pokémon, N, his parents, Solidad and Harley...
Anyway, sorry if this review is a bit messy, I was writing it as I read the chapter and well, this is the result. Dammit, I really didn't see this coming, and now I have to wait for the next chapter, too! DX Please update soon, it's been over one and a half year... If you want to brainstorm or just need someone to rah-rah you on, feel free to drop me a PM, I'd love to help, this story is amazing and it deserves a proper ending.
So, yeah, thank you very much for updating and writing this much, please, please, please don't stop writing now, I hope you update soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 35 . 9/11
Aaah, I'm slowly nearing the last chapter, time to read this one!
Damn it, Cyrus, you're just too evil. Interesting to make Ghetsis and Cyrus related to each other, by the way. But... two people that N cares about? White, and... Drew, perhaps? In other circumstances I would think Ash, but he never met him, so...
The Galactic siblings obviously know Drew, and we finally have their names, interesting.
And what a horrible thing that happened to those prisoners - I bet that boy who claimed he managed to give away all his Pokémon was that boy that gave May Beautifly.
But, Torchic to the rescue! I wonder how it'll treat Drew, as an enemy or an ally- I wonder what decision Drew will make now lines are blurring. An enemy, then, I had forgotten that Torchic never liked Drew, the poor thing had managed to escape Team Galactic's clutches.
And that one scene when May's unconscious is what could have been (from the anime, if I'm not mistaken). God, poor May... But, this is getting so exciting! Team Galactic's plans are coming to a climax, and all the while the clock is ticking for May and the others...
June likes Brendan...? I was already suspecting that, but more because it would just be very sad for Brendan to have no one, he's such a sweet guy, he deserves someone.
Yeah, Leaf and Touko really could have been two brunette champions hanging out together, if Leaf had grown up in this world. And was Drew the one who contacted Touko...? I think so, and that means that he has been trying to stop this whole thing from happening.
The climax of this story is going to happen soon, on Mount Coronet of all places, definitely adds a dramatic effect :P Hopefully they'll find their answers, but one way or another, it'll be over in a few days... I hadn't expected the scene between May and Brendan, poor guy, but it was a satisfying scene. At least he finally faced his feelings, and now he can properly deal with them without wondering about what could have been and moving on, hopefully.
Thank you very much for updating, I'm going to read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 34 . 9/11
Slowly I'm catching up...
Yeah, like I thought, infiltrating the Team Galactic Head Quarters isn't going to be as easy as they think it is. And I have the feeling that Drew will be the one to betray them, though I wonder why he wanted May along, then, considering it would put her life in danger. And the Team Galactic grunts are related to Cyrus, which adds another layer to the story. This is getting so exciting! And Drew is still being sweet to May, maybe even more so because he knows what's going to happen...
I can feel the adrenaline in my own body, I can't imagine how they feel, crawling through such small, dark air vents, slowly, and everything is so quiet yet everyone is constantly on high alert... And then Drew starts making his move (I'm still hoping it'll turn out differently than with him betraying them- never mind). Oh, that last scene really hit me. I got a little bit teary-eyed there, with May saying that the only thing she would remember about him is how he turned against them. Gaah, this story is definitely heating up, and only two more chapters to go! DX
Thank you for updating, I'll quickly go read the next chapter, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 33 . 9/10
And another chapter! :D
Whoa, that first scene! So it's a good guy, Touko White, and that's why she seemed familiar to May as well. Very interesting scenes that Uxie showed May, but dammit, did they come all the way to Snowpoint for nothing...? Well, at least everyone is all together again and it seems like the others haven't been sitting still either, so perhaps they do have something useful... They only have a few days left, after all...
Infiltrating the Team Galactic Headquarters? That's definitely a plan, but I'm doubting how useful it will be... I think it will be more of a challenge than they expect. Drew definitely has a reason for wanting to take Touko and May with him during the infiltration. It's really getting exciting now!
Very emotional last scene, something is definitely going to happen during the infiltration, and I think Drew will finally (be forced to) reveal his secret.
Thank you very much for updating, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 32 . 9/10
Time for a next chapter!
Heh-heh, poor May, everything is awkward around Drew. Though I did really liked how you wrote that scene, nicely done.
Hold on, hold on, hold on- Those were Drew's parents? They're alive?! Oh wow... I totally didn't see you hinting at the previous chapters, though in hindsight there were definitely hints. Considering they're so nice and since they care about Drew so much, I think they have a good reason to have left Drew and his brother. Maybe they even told his brother... Drew didn't recognize them, though, at least I didn't see any hints of that... Still, a plot twist I hadn't seen coming haha.
And huh, that's how Eevee evolves. I hadn't expected that to happen, and I don't remember if it happened like that in the anime as well, you know, as an accident.
And aww, that conversation between May and Drew. They're really in a heartbreaking situation... And it's made worse by some sort of secret Drew has, something to do with the bad guys, I have the feeling he's leading May into a dangerous situation...
Strange familiar girl that May bumped into? It doesn't ring a bell, but it's either someone who's going to help them or it's the Team Galactic Grunt in disguise. Lovely Christmas/Mistrachs scene, by the way, it was just so sweet to see May and Drew exchanging gifts like that. And Drew... And May... It's just so sweet yet also so heartbreaking...
reppad98 chapter 31 . 9/9
Woo, another chapter!
Hm-hm, so I was right, May did indeed get attacked by a wild Pokémon and got frozen. Poor girl, but at least we get to see how much Drew cares about her :P And May is realizing this, too, though she knows that it'd be rather difficult for them to get in a relationship. You know, long distance relations are usually within the same universe, after all XD
Uh, when I wrote that first part, I hadn't read the second scene yet. Whoa, what a scene. It definitely shows how close they are, yet at the same time it shows how hopelessly apart they are, and that May and the others are in very real danger... And nope, Drew swearing and apologizing after kissing her isn't a good thing, but I think it's more of an attempt to protect her (and failing) since I suspect he has something to do with Team Galactic or some other bad guys.
Oh well, we'll see more in the next chapter, I'm sure. Thank you for updating, I'll read the next chapter, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 30 . 9/8
And another chapter!
So, Drew seems to have regained his senses during the night, and now May is the one confused, though mostly about herself.
And a group of people took Drew in? Ooh, I think that'd be Team Galactic (or perhaps another criminal team, since Drew never mentioned in what region he grew up), and since those grunts mentioned his brother... I think that he might be part of that criminal organization as well. But how Team Galactic and May and Ash and everyone from this world are connected, I still have no idea haha. I guess I'll just have to wait and see :P
And what a way to end the chapter, definitely a cliffhanger. I'm suspecting it's a Pokémon and perhaps it, I don't know, froze her? I'll see it in next chapter, I suppose haha.
reppad98 chapter 29 . 9/8
Time to read another chapter of this fantastic story :D
Ahahaha, Drew is worried. He's such a cutie. And May's reaction was sweet, at least Drew didn't brave the rain for nothing, he got a hug out of it, after all XD And now they're on the road again- Wait, aphrodisiac? Uh-oh... (Though I do wonder how Carolina got her hands on something like that, did she made it herself? If so... why...? :P) But it seems May and Drew have more trouble than the aphrodisiac, those stupid Team Galactic Grunts... Drew's somehow involved in all of this as well, but how, no clue yet. By the way, you do manage to make things more exciting, with sprinkling little scenes of Gary and Leaf right there, to tell us what we're going to have to expect. Drew tried to stop, but still... It could have been worse, it could have been better, and Sleep Powder was a smart idea indeed. I also liked May thinking about Harry Potter haha.
reppad98 chapter 28 . 9/7
Okay, so, hi, long time no see! *sweatdrop* I have absolutely no clue as to why I never finished reading this story, but that shall be rectified soon! :D I reread the whole story and now I'm starting on the 'new' chapters, though to be honest I'm really glad I reread it, because some things felt like they were happening for the first time haha. It was a really cool and exciting read so far, and I'm sure it'll only stay that way. Plus, me reading and reviewing all these chapters might motivate you into finishing this story... maybe, please? *puppy dog eyes*
Anyway, onto the chapter itself... Gary's first little scene made me already feel anxious for whatever is going to happen, because surely something is going to happen...
Cave paintings and a strange old lady who seems to know of what's going on. Mystery- or not, considering she's Cynthia's grandmother and seems to know something about Leaf and Gary haha. Though, she still has some sort of... strange aura around her, with her remarking things about the stars and all.
Leaf told May everything! Whoa, I mean, I suspected some things, but definitely not all this. Wow, wow, wow, and Gary overheard, oh wow... And then that scene with Gary confronting Leaf at the end-! Just wow, I have no words, but it seems we've at least got one semi-happy ending for our characters. Never aging though, knowing that your family doesn't know what happened to you- Yeah, semi-happy ending, they still have a long way to go, but this is a start, a good start haha. So, yeah, Gary was right, something was going to happen this day :P
Sterlingstarz chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
Aww I love this story, but no recent updates :( I have followed & favorited anyway, but pweez finish!
ElsieLorraine chapter 36 . 8/22/2015
I sometimes wonder if 1) May and co. will be able to make their way back to California, 2) if May and co. will stay, what will make them stay, and what will happen to their lives back there in the non-Pokemon world, 3) if Drew went back to California with them, but that meant him abandoning the Pokemon world, 4) what's the backstory with Drew and Torchic. Those are just a few among other things that I wonder about when I read your story. Hehe.

Though I really am curious to know how Drew and May's relationship would develop given circumstances.

Looking forward to the next chapter in this story! You're nearly at the end hehe keep it up!
Cheeno chapter 36 . 7/14/2015
Please finish the story! It's so good, this great idea, and I can't possibly accept an ending like this, not when you have the two last chapters ready. So please write the next chapter, and finish your amazing story, it would make me and many others so happy!
What chapter 36 . 4/2/2015
What just happened
PH chapter 24 . 4/1/2015
Sigh... If only what happened with Leaf and Gary happened with no interupptions and maybe on slightly different plot setting. Would've been sort of angsty or sad first, but then flufffy or cute
BlackCranez21 chapter 36 . 1/12/2015
AHHHHHH! So much tension going on in the story! What happened to Drew?! U can't just leave the chapter like that! XD I love this story so plz update soon! I'll wait til then :)