Reviews for Vanessa's Story
Many Faced Mage chapter 3 . 2/27/2013
And the Face of today is? Rouge Zentradi! This is a good stroy but it is also very sad! I wounder did Rand ever tell Rick what happened that night? The song that comes to my is called Purple heart!
Stevie chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Very well written, nice plot, excellent connections between the series, and very strong character development. The destruction of the SDF-1 was so abrupt and felt so tragic to me at the time that so many of my favorite characters were wiped out in a single stroke. I was always particularly moved by the fact that the terrible trio was wiped out. I'm a big fan of Rico, Konda and Bron, I always found their story to be very touching as they journeyed from Zentraedi warriors to gentle spirits. As with all characters one likes, I wanted to see them settle down with the terrible trio, but the destruction of the SDF-1 wiped out that hope.

This is a fun story to think about what might have happened had one of the terrible trio survived. While I love the Robotech stories, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live in that kind of a world, and I always conclude that it would be awful. Not one, or two, but three world changing wars, each of which decimated the Earth in new ways. It's hard to imagine what this would do to a person who survived. This story does a good job of showing key moments from the three wars, and portraying some of the hopelessness that would have spread during and after the battles. The deaths of Bron, Konda and Rico were all touching, as was the senseless loss of her daughter Sammy. Horrible, and moving.

This was a great read, like some of the McKinney novels. I hope you write more. Very well done.
Lunacharm chapter 3 . 2/15/2008
Oh my god what a wonderful story. I swear I have watery eyes right now as I am typing this. Ugh I am going to be a emotional mess the rest of the day but in a good way. You made Vanessa a real person instead of just one of the bridge bunnies to me. This has to be one of the best Robotech fanfics that I have read in awhile. Thanks!
reads2much chapter 3 . 9/18/2005
I don't know if you realize it, but this is one of the best robotech stories out there. Good writing!
zKat chapter 3 . 5/15/2003
Wow, great story! Very well written.. well enough to make me cry. Terrific Job!
Rick Lisa fan chapter 3 . 4/9/2003
Awwe that was beautiful...(crying...)

Great story I loved it. Really great.D

Sad but great, Poor Vanessa she had a lot of pain and suffering.

good job
SmarterChild chapter 3 . 3/23/2003
That was really good. Vanessa as well as the whole trio are always looked at as the three ditzy bridge officers of Robotech, and the average person dosent think of them having conflicts like rick or lisa. its great that you can portreit Vanessa as you did. Very original and very good. i especially like how it followed the time line
Mr-Wilbury chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Oh my god! This story really broke my heart! Good job! Such an emmotional epic. The ending was sad. I can't wait for your next Robotech fic.
Deathworm chapter 3 . 10/31/2002
It's beautiful. So sad yet beautiful. Thank you for such a great story. I am at a loss for words now. Great job!
K. Ryumaki chapter 3 . 10/1/2002
Overall, a very well planned and written plot. A few typos, but so few and far between that even my picky self can't complain. Continuity is excellent, over looking one spot, which could be the only error or a simple oversight by either author or reader reguarding Lisa Hayes in chpt. 1, who was slated for command of the SDF-2 originally, but ultimately received command of the SDF-3.

I'm not much for 'dark' or dramatic stories. At chpt. 1, it seems that this plot is both. Upon reading the entire piece, it is niether.

In my book, a rare-and hightly deserved-9 9/10ths out of 10. Reese, my thanks for such an enjoyable, hopeful read.

73,

K. Ryumaki

PS. Yes, I know my own spelling, punctuation and grammar may not be correct in the above reveiw. Don't make mention of it: I'm writting off the cuff, not planning it ;-)
Leila Winters chapter 3 . 9/9/2002
I loved your bit about Kim and Sammie appearing in the window. I just thought that that was a beautiful touch.

Kinda sad. (But I'm assuming that you were going for that. _)

Overall, a good story. I MISS that Trio. Everything that they were was so great and in a blink of an eye, they were just gone. I think it shocked me the first time I watched the Robotech series. I just couldn't come to terms with the fact that everyone was dead. (Then of course, I had to read the book with the same scene, but it was all the more powerful in words, and I couldn't stop myself from crying.)

BRAVO! You do good work.
IronicSymphony chapter 3 . 9/6/2002
How beautifully written! It's difficult to write a review when the story's evoked some pretty powerful emotions...so overwhelming are they that a person feels numb and words don't come easy but I'll try _~

I like how we saw Vanessa live the through the three generations: she farewelled her old life and friends; embraced a new life and had that torn from her grasp; and gave hope to a new generation.

The first generation is my favourite for so many reasons, I guess because of the friendships formed and the love that grew. The friendships of Lisa and Claudia, Rick and Roy, and the Terrible Trio. Their story, when you really think about it, would be inspirational to a generation so weary from war that hope seems impossible.

Thankyou for writing such a beautiful story, I hope to see more Robotech stories from you.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 3 . 8/28/2002
What an absolutely beautiful story. Gently told, yet believable and full of the heart-rending account of war and loss and love that is Robotech's enduring theme. I really enjoyed how you connected all three sagas (as we who are most familiar with the English dub know them) flawlessly through Vanessa. Bravo.
bitwhizzle chapter 2 . 8/18/2002
Not bad at all! Quite good! I wish that the Trio HAD survived...but then again, I also wish Roy hadn't died, and Claudia and Cpt. Gloval...sniff sniff. Very sad that Vanessa keeps losing those she loves...ANGST! :)
Leila Winters chapter 2 . 8/5/2002
Eek! That's so sad!

*sniff* I always thought it was so UNFAIR that all those great characters had to die! The Terrible Trio made Robotech a joy to watch!

Thanks for changing the rules! Keep up your writing!