Reviews for To Rule in Hell
Sam chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
I love this but your links no longer work :( How do I get to read the rest?
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Very dark, but it was a good fic. I'm glad Harry's alive. I was almost afraid he was actually dead. I hope he manages to beat Voldemort this time around.
Opium chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Doh! I went to restriced site, and I log in to see your other work, it claims my computer doesnt know what to do.
Nekocin chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
Oh... interesting idea. I like the idea. Very good beginning. Quite mysterious and a bit frustrating at first. But quite interesting. _ I'll check out the other chapters later _. Good work!
Mishachan chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow. This is awesome. I'm definitely going to that other site to continue reading this. Very very intense. I love it!
Kenna Hijja chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
First, apologies for reviewing this story months after I first read it, and I've read it several times since. But it's always a bit weird to write a review for a story that's so good you know you're going to run out of superlatives in no time...

I still like the first chapter best. The introduction of Draco and the world after Voldemort's triumph, interspersed with flashbacks, was awesome. His secret life as a hunter is very much an extension of his canon character – to do quiet damage without being caught, and for profit. While there's no doubt that he enjoys his 'job', there are also some hints that he might not enjoy this 'brave new world'.

"The world his father had told him would be great."

Not a little quiet sarcasm there. And the final telephone/abduction scene was so intense it was breathtaking, so much that I could only wonder during the second or third reading why in the new 'death to all things Muggle'-society Voldemort had created, there would be answering machines.

The flashback to Draco's and Harry's night in the cupboard (nice coincidence, this) worked extremely well, both amusing and sensual, and to link their lovemaking to the beginning of the war was quite poetic and beautifully written. One of the things I like most about this story is that you fill in new details about events each chapter – works wonders to keep people curious about what else might have happened.

Though I'm still puzzled about the exact nature of their connection and how it helped Harry to return from the dead, there's absolutely no doubt that they 'are' connected – the same fears and phobias, the inability *not* to think of the other, and the absolute same wavelength despite all the protestations of hate. Their conversations in the carriage and later in the Underground made that very explicit. They can fight (perhaps in the knowledge that the other is powerful enough not to let himself be killed) but when push comes to shove, they can't work themselves up to do lethal damage. Draco's need to check on Harry after hitting him, and his reaction to Harry's panic attack made that pretty obvious, not to mention Harry's readiness to let him go. And despite those hints, there's still something dangerous and unpredictable about them – Harry is quite... strange, and we haven't seen much of Draco's other personality yet. And the sparks are really flying when they argue ;-)

I truly loved your innovative take on Gregory and Vincent, as something more than gormless villains and capable of making their own decisions. And Vince's death was heartbreaking!

Hermione – well, there are hints already that the 'wicked witch of the west' personality isn't all there is to her. It must be extremely hard to lose a friend and regain a stranger, although I wouldn't have taken her for the kind that covers her feelings behind aggression.

If I had to sum up the story in one word, it would be 'claustrophobic'. Not only that both suffer from the problem itself, the settings and imagery also convey that impression – the thunderstorms, the underground, the cupboard, the utility closet... everything is dark and confined, and of course so are their personalities – Harry missing part of himself, and Draco with this suffocating false identity his ties to the past and Harry. It's rare that plot, style and imagery work together so perfectly in a story...

What I'm really looking forward to are further details on Harry's death and return. And, of course, how that... tension in every sense of the word continues between Draco and Harry. I'd really love to see another chapter some time in the future, even if I'd settle for an update to 'TLS' or 'Control' instead. While I truly love this story, those are just as good.
Nail Polish chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
*speechless with rapture* beautiful. just beautiful.
Ezekiel Klitiras chapter 4 . 1/17/2003
love your stories...are you ever going to update them? Are you still writing them for that matter?
Lady Rinehart chapter 4 . 12/19/2002
Well, I can say I was happily surprised with this story. I'd given up the hope of finding any new Draco/Harry sstories that contained at least a little plot. Not only does your story have a plot, but an entertaining one at that. That's a high compliment coming from me. My favorite coupling is Harry with Draco but I can never seem to find a story with a new twist. And I wasn't expecting much when a friend told me over this story. Brillently done so far. I enjoyed it a great deal. I'd be happy if you'd notify me when it updates. I really can't wait for the next installement. If what I've read so far is any indication, then the next chapter promises to be exciting and worth the wait. My compliment on a job well done.

Lady Rinehart
bla-que chapter 4 . 11/28/2002
hey, great story here! ive come to love both this fic and TLS... they're both great! and to think... Harry so... different... it's really interesting...

anyhow, do continue with your writing okay?
T'Maia chapter 4 . 11/25/2002
Update this, pretty please? The waiting feels like forever to me. It is one of the best HP stories I ever came across, and I'm really salivating for the next chapter.
Joelle chapter 4 . 11/23/2002
Awesome story! It's really original and it's just so...wow! Write more please :)
Mutant Horse chapter 2 . 11/22/2002
Wooooooow. Jaw drop. Very cool. Potter is being more... well, the only way for me to say it is COOL. Muahaha. I especially liked the flashback. No complete feelings, just a kind of hate sex bomb thingy. Very cool
Mutant Horse chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
Ooooh. I am intrigued. :bounds to next chapter:
Kristen chapter 4 . 11/2/2002
Love it...do continue soon...