Reviews for Endings Of Jugdral
Cyberchao X chapter 5 . 7/5
Ha, so it was Lex! Heh, in my game, it would've been Delmud who became Duke of Dozel. Lex/Lachesis is a kind of strange pairing from a "shipping" standpoint, it's mad underrated from a gameplay standpoint. Nanna gets to promote by the end of Chapter 7 thanks to Elite, and both children become supreme tanks, allowing them to stay on the front lines and utilize Charisma. You just have to make sure that your other pairings are set up in a way that allows you to let Delmud carry the Pursuit Ring for the entire campaign, and resign yourself to the fact that even once she CAN attack, Nanna won't actually be doing so on the player phase.
Cyberchao X chapter 4 . 7/5
That was brilliant. I love this couple.
Cyberchao X chapter 3 . 7/5
Hmm...so who's Lakche's father here? Because usually the "default assumption" is Lex. (I think it was Holyn in mine.)
Cyberchao X chapter 2 . 7/5
Yeah, I thought they never learned the truth. Though obviously that wouldn't make sense if, say, Finn himself was Sylvia's husband.
Cyberchao X chapter 1 . 7/5
No, it was perfect.

Continuing what I mentioned before, I don't think the developers even considered that someone would have the dedication to get Julia a lover, because she winds up staying with Seliph regardless. And of course, she was the only girl to do so in my game, since Seliph's wife...had to rule Freege. Yep.
agarfinkel chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Just wondering, who will you pair Celice with. My guess is that you will pair him with Yuria.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Ah, the Three Brothers of Tirnanogue... the most vague characters in all of FE4. Props for tilting at this particular windmill; I've been struggling for months to finish a 'fic with them in it, because they are just that difficult to pin down.

"Since he refused to display anything interesting, I decided to let someone else do it for him."

Delmud does have one bit of interest to him, in that you can argue that his characterization is retconned in between FE4 and FE5 despite the tiny, tiny amount of dialogue he has in either! IDK; his FE5 ending talks up his charisma, and overall he strikes me as the easy-going one of the trio. If you tell him Nanna's dead in FE5 he's basically just "Oh well, these things happen" and leaves.

"I thought it sounded like a believable way to deal with the stress of spending the first umpteen years of your life with the most powerful empire in the world wanting you dead, just trying your best to take it easy."

I agree he's a tease. Because of it he strikes me as the most aggressive of the three, but I don't particularly *enjoy* the "I tease because I like you" dynamic, so maybe I'm biased against Lester for that.

"In my mind, that would make him more of a strategist by sheer necessity, considering how competitive everyone in his immediate family seems to be (father here Lex)"

Interesting. Never thought of him as a strategist, though I definitely see where you're coming from on the weaker stats playing into his personality. [My most recent Scathach had Noish as a father, so you can imagine the difference between him and Lakche...]

I like Scathach being rejected by Julia. That piece of fanon is so prevalent that it's fun to up-end it.
Gunlord500 chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
My brother-maaaaan! I'm so happy to see you around again :D This was a GREAT chapter, so much to recommend it! I love how you turned little tiny details, like small snatches of dialogue from Delmud, Lester, and Skasher's convos, into full-fledged characterizations. Your incorporation of the Hero gameplay element is really cool as well. What I like most of all in this piece is its portrayal of male friendship. It's not something we see a lot of, or at least as much as I'd like, in this part of FFn for a variety of reasons, but you have done very well in depicting it here. Wonderful, wonderful work, my friend. I wish we had more authors like you :D
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 4 . 10/25/2012
This was adorable. I think you really nailed both characters and their dynamic here, and I like the way you decided to resolve the situation the gameplay mechanics thrust upon them. Shanan felt like Shanan (and he's not an easy character to write) and all the humor worked.

And I agree on Patty being something of a hoarder, literally and metaphorically.
agarfinkel chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
Good story so far. Just wondering, who do you plan to pair Celice with, since, from what I have read so far, Phee, Teeny, Patty, and Lakche are taken? One idea I have is this: pair him up with Yuria, or make it so he marries both Yuria and another girl.
Gunlord500 chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
Haha, this was funny, and I especially enjoyed the cultural bits, like the thing with the rings and Shanan's backstory as a history afficionado. Always good to see more from ya, my brother :D
Gunlord500 chapter 3 . 9/27/2012
Now this is original...never saw a fic about how Johan would feel about killing so many of his family members (the house of Neir gets it hard D: ). Nice work with an inventive premise :D
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 2 . 9/25/2012
Aw. I like Hannibal's character, and the interaction between him and Corple was darling. The way Corple's departure for Edda and the whole Leen angle were handled were very touching (I hate to think of Corple ditching his dad for an exciting new life as a noble, but I guess that's canon.)

On the writing end of it, you had the comma issue going on again in this one (as Corpul froze in place "I mean, after the incident) and some capitalization issues (with the rest of us." she gently pinched his cheek) but overall I think this one did flow better. "Azure orbs" was kind of pushing the Johan zone, though. ;P
TastyCitrus chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
Yeah, armored units do need more love. It's a shame that they get so much flak, but I guess that's what happens when you don't have a lot of mobility in a game that requires a lot of moving.

I also like the fact that you used Corpul (well, it's a chapter focusing on Hannibal, so I guess that was sort of necessary) because not a lot of people use him, and I actually like the kid a bit.

Anyways, there isn't any problems with this chapter that hasn't already been said by the guy before me, so I'll just say good job.
Gunlord500 chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
Omfgzzzz thank you thank you thank you sooo much! I loved this! There were only a couple lil errors I could notice:

"the torch light bathe the room"

I think 'torchlight bathed' would be better :D

"with a shaking"

Missing word here? Or did I misread? :o

Aside from that, fantastic work! You got Hannibal and Fin's characters down pat; what a wonderfully astute portrayal of a pair of older men. Again, I'm very impressed by how you seem to have more empathy and understanding for both young and old men than many other authors in this section.

Corpul's interactions with Leen were cute, though I didn't know they never found out they were related in-game...guess I'd better play it again. Your descriptions of the tavern were great too. I do wonder...what's Fin's plan for a 'unified Thracia?' From the mentions of Altenna, I get the feeling he wants Altenna and Hannibal to work together to unify Lenster and Thracia, but I'm not sure if it's through marriage, cause according to Serenes Altenna can't fall in love with anyone (she's implied to have a thing for Arion, IIRC...)

Anyways, fantastic work, my friend. Since I liked this so much, I suppose I ought to return the favor...is there anything you'd like me to write in return? I'm most familiar with Elibe, but I've played every FE game in English except for FE2, 5, and 12, and I guess I have scripts for those as well. So if there's anything you'd like me to write, anythin' at all, feel free to ask meh :D :D :D