Reviews for I, Zhaya: Stranger to Barovia
Mike chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Beautiful. Finally Strahd finds love.
Kardrinalin chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Ahh, I have to admit, that was really sweet. I will also admit I'd have loved some smut, but that's okay. ;) Great story!
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Very well written and beautiful in a creepy sort of way. It might be a Mary-Sue but it's a very good Mary-Sue. Strahd is a very evil dude who richly deserved his damnation but it is nice that he was able to find someone. Even evil monsters get lonely. And loving someone who isn't the slightest bit interested in you? Hey we've all been there and Strahd showed some character by letting Tatyana go without killing her.
Mixed Metaphors chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
Allo allo.

I read this story a long time ago, but I never reviewed it. I apologize for that. Anyway, I'm making up for it by reviewing now.

I'd like to tell you that this story is absolutely lovely. It's well-written, descriptive and it captures Strahd very well. It's a beautiful story, and I'm glad that you made someone for our dear vampire. I think he deserved it. I sincerely hope that you write another ravenloft fic, for you are a truly gifted writer and I would like to read anything else you might create.

Best wishes,

-Freckled Raven
Alteng chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
This is by far one of the best written stories I have read. (I have the misfortune of reading many really bad stories). You have a really excellent writing style, that says that you are a seasoned writer.
Unlike your other reviewer, I do not feel that I cannot like these characters. When I read the Strahd books, I did feel that in some ways he did deserve a woman to love. It was the greatest sacrifice for him to let Tatyana go, This shows great maturity on his part. He has learned something from his punishment from the Dark Forces. My thoughts to that is, he should have been redeemed from his prison.
I fear, though, because of Zhaya's betrayal of Barovia, he would have to have killed her. This is a strong part of his character. he doesn't take betrayal lightly.
By any chance, was the opposing land in the end Darkon? I am not real familiar with the new Domains of Dread.
Keep writing, girl!
Puppygirl chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
While you have a very good writing style and excellent descriptions, this is a Mary Sue. Most people don't like Mary Sue. No one wants to read about some hunky hero or villian shagging or biting someone else's alter-ego. Now, if you want to write a story about Strahd and what he did with Jander Sunstar or Lord Soth(I think that was his name), we would LOVE to read that!