Reviews for Surfboards, Deadlines and School Runs
this is madness chapter 11 . 9/1/2013
A lovely happy ending. Thank you so much for writing these little ficlets giving us a glimpse of a possible future. I've really enjoyed reading them, they feel so plausible and I particularly love the comfortable, loving couple teasing and griping at each other!
As for the author's note at the beginning of the chapter, I can well understand why you're so into weddings! Hope all goes well for your big day next year and for many moons after.
I'm sad that you won't be writing anymore Shelter fiction but quite understand that for you it is all nicely wrapped up in your head. Just hope there are more inspired and aspiring authors out there to keep up the Shelter fiction as it does seem to be fading away and that is such a shame.
So GOOD LUCK to you and thank you!
FantasticalMusical chapter 11 . 8/26/2013
Sad to see this end but so happy to have read it!
fadeaway-gone chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
Thank you so much for writing this fanfiction. It is absolutely fantastic! I finished reading Getting By a couple hours ago and I immediately began reading this one. So I guess I will right a review on all of it. After watching Shelter for the first time last week, I have been extremely obsessed with it. And with every other book or movie I get obsessed with I look to find fanfictions. I most say that your writing is phenomenal and your two stories are by far my favorite Shelter fanfictions. Any that I read after this is going to have to be extremely good to impress me. You have stayed true to the characters, and even added amazing new ones of your own creation. You have made me cry (tears of happiness and sadness), laugh, and smile so big that my family now thinks I have lost my mind. Please continue to write other works. :) And thanks for the emotional rollercoaster, though that might sound weird, it was deeply appreciated.
Hamie58 chapter 11 . 8/23/2013
I've been following this story from the beginning but I don't think I've ever left a review. This is a great story with a great ending sad to see it end but its nice to see them all happy.
CrochetGirl chapter 11 . 8/23/2013
*kissies!* It was a beautiful bow/ride off into the sunset! I hope you will write more, even if it is just fic-lets; but I do understand being stuck in your own canon. May all of your writing get the recognition it deserves wherever you move next! Keep an eye out for me, I've got two that I'm still debating putting up here. I'll always keep an eye out for your stuff.

3 always, avid fan
this is madness chapter 10 . 8/20/2013
So sad. Wasn't expecting it to be Gabe. The story is so well written. It's hard imagining how they've all aged physically. Shaun's 64. Wow!
leiru79 chapter 10 . 8/19/2013
Just letting you know that I'm still reading!
FantasticalMusical chapter 10 . 8/19/2013
oh man... :( great chapter just can't end it here! I'm crazy about this and Getting By btw
CrochetGirl chapter 10 . 8/19/2013
I had mixed feelings when I got the email about this update. On the one hand, I love reading your writing for thus story, but I knew there was going to be a character death. I have to say, luckily for my heart, it wasn't who I thought it was going to be. That being said, I feel Zach’s pain, and this chapter in their lives was beautifully written. I will be sad to see this one end.
this is madness chapter 9 . 8/9/2013
They're so ooold! Love anxious Shaun. Who would have thought that he'd be the stressed parent of the two? Love the way Zach deals with it all. Just love these guys and their family. Thank you for these snippets.

Hope you had a great holiday. Two weeks without a computer and internet? How did you do it? I find that too hard.

I'm not sure about character death, I'm a happily ever after girl! But it will be really interesting seeing how they all react. Looking forward to it.
this is madness chapter 8 . 7/8/2013
Can imagine Zach and Shaun like that in 2036. Love this family you've created around them.
CrochetGirl chapter 8 . 7/8/2013
Okies, that was sweet as can be. I've gotta pull it together now and continue to write this damned Philosophy paper. Wonderful end to a wonderful four day weekend for me. (By the way, it was spent re-reading "getting by"). Kinda sad to see this one getting close to the end, but good things can't always last forever!
this is madness chapter 7 . 6/8/2013
Ooh what a treat - a new chapter! Thanks so much for the finding the time to write this. Loved this chapter, such a relief that all went well. Cody's apology was great and Shaun's mum sounds quite a dragon!
kdavid323 chapter 7 . 6/7/2013
Just want to say that I love this story and "getting by". So happy that you are continuing to write this. I wish there was more Shelter fic out there!
CrochetGirl chapter 7 . 6/7/2013
YAY! Just the reward I need from a stressful school week! Sad to see it coming to an end, but I know the journey there will be worth it! Thanks for the update and the pretty bow.