Reviews for Oh God
Purple Lex chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I think this might be the best post-season 6 oneshot I have read yet. You capture the feel of everything perfectly. At the end, his repeating "Oh, God" is so beautifully poetic as it comes full circle that honestly, I am pleased that it stops there.

Deb jumping him read to be quite IC to me; she acts rashly, on impulse, and usually highly-emotionally. There was no dialogue except the first and last lines. In my opinion, it greatly added to how Deb and Dex are both reeling from shock, in their own ways. Loved every bit of it.

Also, I saw some people complaining about how wordy it is but hey, I really liked it. It felt like a narrative Dexter would have and all of the metaphors and philosophical examples fit well, to me. I guess it's up to personal preference.
Spike is the BIG BAD chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Well I wouldn't be complaining if you continued. ;) I loved it! It was great. I love how you described things. Awesome story!
connielea chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Very nice. Your writing style is vivid and captures the ambiance and the emotion very well. A nice take on those first few moments, and ties the other themes from the season in as well. Good job.
vastgranada1 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Its god but during the second paragraph on through the end it seemed too detailed. Too detailed that I lost interest, a whole paragraph mention Travis with a blade skewered into him. It seem to drag on is my point. Its great but it dragged on instead of jumping to the next point it being Deb.
Call it negative or positive, great but tedious at the same time. I hope to see more of this though but swtching around point to point.
LoveDexter11 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
interesting...I loved the story...Too many words and not enough dialogue...would have liked to see a little more. It is an interesting story. You should add more chapters so we can see what would happen next
Samara-chan chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Very nice execution-I loved how she just ravaged him suddenly!

You have some very lovely description here too (I especially liked the simile "like a gory talisman"), however be careful of being a bit too wordy sometimes; particularly here: "My humiliation at being discovered, in flagrante, is rapidly replaced with the nauseating knowledge that my own deception cut her the deepest; indomitable Deb finally conquered by none other than duplicitous Dexter. Amplified by the ecclesiastical acoustics..." etc etc.

Adopting a less ambiguous style and throwing in a few eloquent phrases here and there will showcase said phrases more effectively. Basically, being too verbose can make your prose seem overly saturated in "big", unnecessary words (aka purple prose), and stutters the narration's flow. Otherwise, you did a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed the read!