Reviews for Greater Love
BabalooBlue chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Oh, this was great! Well written and exactly what I can imagine happening if the story was continued after S8. Only thing I'm not sure about is Lisa Cuddy showing up. But, having said that, it's still well written.
House seems so dejected and broken, very believable. He would be struggling to get a handle on life after Wilson's death and you've picked up on that perfectly. Without a friend or anyone else to guide him I do believe he would turn himself in. Either that or suicide which is something you've covered as well - the judge doesn't just pull this out of nowhere, he's a very reasonable man it seems.
So, to make it short: Great story, thanks for writing it!
HughIsMagic chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Nice touch, give House some hope for the future.
Shame for the end.
In my opinion thus was wrong, too wrong. Cuddy was over Greg the moment she break up with him, and predictably even more after the car crash. She looks just far away from him even before the vicodin excuse. damn it! she looks like the less-in-love woman I ever saw all the time!
mgowriter chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
holy cow. I really liked this story...loved how it was basically just one person talking the whole time. I felt so somber afterwards. Nicely done!
dnkj chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Great start.
menolly-au chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
A touching story - I like to think that if the worst did happen and Wilson died, that House would be able to have a future, and you give him one here.
Kat chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Is this really a one-shot, or do you have plans to continue the story? The premise is very promising, but the ending is very sad. Though there seems to be hope for a future based on the judge's words and actions, House seems utterly lost and I'm not sure he even cares what happens to him. I hope that House's court mandated therapy is able to break through the melancholy.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I really really like this judge. Someone who is able to objectively assess a situation and act appropriately. I do hope there are more chapters. Well done!
siddigfan chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
More! Please?
CacauHousemaniaca chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I loved this fic
excellent start
cuddyclothes chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
The ending is really, really good. Very sad.
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I like it. Not perfect, but nice. Thank you!
momsboys chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Great story but I wish you would continue it. Would make a great longer story.
MissBates chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I'm glad you've decided to highlight the lack of logic in the legal aspects of S8. A judicial system that punishes flushing paper down the toilet with the same severity as domestic violence would have a serious problem. I like your judge's practical approach, the way he ponders whether anyone will benefit if House is punished because of legal nitpicking, and that his primary consideration is finding a method of punishment that will benefit all: the public, by showing that crime doesn't pay; the taxpayer, by ensuring that the costs of launching a crusade against House don't outweigh the benefits; House (and the taxpayer again) by giving serious thought to how a sentence would have to be structured to ensure that the likelihood of House ever having to appear in court again is minimised.
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I would love it if House gets such an understanding judge if he ever has to go back to court again. Sad but lovely story! Thanks for writing and sharing it.
HilsonFTW chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
That made me smile. :-) Here's hoping they'll all be there for him when they're needed and he'll find his way back.