Reviews for Nobody's Perfect
Magenta-Skye chapter 1 . 1/24
You're making my heart swell, this was lovely. :)
ChocolateChipCookie26 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
That was so sweet! :) I loved it!
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
OOOHHAWWWW! . . . That's the only word I can think of to describe this.

"Being laughed at was quite another. Being laughed at singled you out, made you different from everyone else. As Gilligan watched his reflection looking sadly back at him, he decided that forever being the butt of everyone's jokes was something he would just have to get used to. Perhaps, in some odd way, it was his destiny to make others feel better about themselves. No matter how bad things get, we'll never be as dumb as Gilligan!"

-Poor G-Man! All he wants to do is help . . .

"He stirred the water with the tip of a gnarled stick and his reflection dipped and contorted like the reflection in a funhouse mirror. He stirred more vigorously and his face broke into a million shards that danced in and out of ripples, his eyes winking back at him through flashes of surface sunlight, his smile widening like a clown's."

-This part isn't so much of what it means, it's more like how it was phrased. I really like how you describe the small things, it brings the story to life.

"None of us bothered to, and if the cable had stayed where it was, the wires would have been ruined by the rain."
"And then I would have been blamed for that, too."

-Once again, poor Gilly! But it's so true, all blame, even if it's a small thing, always goes to Gilligan.

"Everyone here already thinks I'm a walking disaster. I don't want the whole world knowing it,"

- . . . Oh, Gilligan . . .

- Classic MAG moment here. Lovey-love it!

""The neighbors? I don't know what happened to them. I think they ended up getting a divorce."

-LOL, leave the facts to Gilligan.

"Mary Ann pressed closer and closer until Gilligan fell over backwards into the soft grass, and then she began tickling him. Gilligan's laughter jumped out of his throat as small, tan fingers worked their way in between his ribs and tickled him until he couldn't think straight. His heart hammered in his chest while Mary Ann laughed above him, her pigtails swishing to and fro and her brown eyes shining."

- Adorable MAG moment here-not love, just cute.

""That's 'cause I'm a mighty sailin' man," Gilligan replied, turning his face towards her on the grass. "See these muscles?" He lifted his arms and flexed his biceps.
"Ooh, yes," Mary Ann giggled.
"Good, because I can't," Gilligan grinned, and that made them laugh even harder."

-Laughed at this part. At least he can't see a Skipper gut!

"I don't think people would laugh at me so much if I was in your movie."

"No, they wouldn't. They'd say, 'there goes the sweetest, cutest, most wonderful boy who ever lived.' And they'd all leave the theatre wishing they had a friend like you."

-I already am by reading this! I want a Gilligan!

I loved this fic, as I do most of your other ones. But this was definately one of my favorite MAG fics I've read. Keep writing!

-Sideshow
Maudlin Mush chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
sooo sweet. Mary Ann is a wonderful friend. Thanks for the story!
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Sorry I’m a little behind the times with my review :/

I told you earlier how much I love this story, though Of course, I love anything MAG, but this really gets into his head (and what a wonderful place to be . . . almost as good as being inside his . . . never mind ;)

Things that made me think . . . things that made me feel . . . and things that made me smile:

“Even worse was the fact she kept going around reciting the things she'd written and making the other castaways laugh. Being laughed with was one thing, it made you feel good to think people were joining in with you. Being laughed at was quite another. Being laughed at singled you out, made you different from everyone else. As Gilligan watched his reflection looking sadly back at him, he decided that forever being the butt of everyone's jokes was something he would just have to get used to. Perhaps, in some odd way, it was his destiny to make others feel better about themselves.”

- Poor Gilligan. It seems like that would be a problem he had – getting laughed at. And in his simple, unselfish way, he just accepts that his failings make others feel better about themselves, so just get used to it. You have a way of writing him that really makes people connect with him.

“Gilligan had never been terribly comfortable with the way he looked- he knew he wasn't the ugliest boy in the world, but neither, in his opinion, was he the most handsome.”

- Oh my, how wrong you are, G-Man ;) You are some sexy.

“She was a little too close for his liking but he couldn't pull away, he was as transfixed as a moth hovering too close to a flame.”

- * sigh * That awkward closeness . . . bring it on.

“I just mess things up all the time." Gilligan's voice was low and full of regret.
"No, you don't." Mary Ann turned to face him with concern in her eyes. "I wish you would stop thinking that way. You mustn't be so hard on yourself. You're a wonderful boy, and I wish with all my heart that you could see yourself the way I do."

- I’m so glad that he has her to lift him up. Too often, awkward social creatures who deserve better just don’t get the love and support that would make all the difference in their world.

“Mary Ann shrugged. "Maybe I'm starting to like it here," she smiled. "Maybe I don't care if we get rescued. Maybe I'm secretly glad the phone cable was washed away."

- A-ha the truth comes out. Really, why would she possibly want to leave that place?

Gilligan shook his head. "You can't get me to change my mind," he said, stubbornly.

- heehee I know just the face he was wearing, too.

- I love this part. He is gorgeous in his own wonderful “Gilligany” way (Yes, Louise, Gilligany can be a word – I like it and will use it frequently) - I love how awkward he gets when she gets close to him.

- Thanks for bringing back the memory of the boy who used to follow me home from school throwing rocks at me. I found out years later that he liked me. That was hard to tell while rubbing my bruises.

- Okay, just love this image. Tickling him until he can’t think straight . . . rawr . . . I could so get into that ;)

"If I were writing notes for a movie, these are the things I'd write about," she said. "Tickle fights, cloud watching, and laughing with my best boy friend until the tears ran down my face."

- You know it, Girl. Love the little things – that’s where life is at.

He watched her watching the clouds, saw them reflected in her eyes. He noted the upward tilt to her lips, as though she were smiling at some secret. He took a moment to appreciate how the breeze lifted strands of her hair and playfully twirled them around, then he moved his hand through the grass and gently tugged her pigtail.

- Okay – I think pretty much anybody who reads this story will absolutely adore this paragraph. So simple, so special, so significant. The tugging of her pigtail says it all.

* sigh * Thanks for another great story, Teebs. All my love
Louise Hargadon chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Aloha Mon Ammy!

Told you I'd be back for Round Deux. I love this story even more today than I did yesterday. Don't even know how that's possible.

Straight in with Les Points du Bullet, as it were:

- NOOO! Little man! *hugs monitor*

. 'neither, in his opinion, was he the most handsome'. Or, rather, "He didn't think he was the most handsome *but we all know the truth*!"

. Yet in his dreams he was always heroic; a matador, a Ship's Admiral, a secret agent whom women always wanted to kiss. He wondered why that was.
- Because it's only in his dreams he discovers that he's already the one whom women always want to kiss, pray tell!

. "I think I need more eye of newt!" You know, I can hear Gilligan say it (with a soft 't' at the end of 'newt'!), and that's one of the things I love most about him. He comes over as affable but not very bright but he really is, he's more clued up than most people give him credit for. Totally making a Shakespeare related joke like it was the most obvious thing in the world and not remotely the act of a genius. Agh, I love him!

. Mary Ann being generally awesome and all 'I wish you could see yourself the way I see you'. Yeah, as The Most Amazing Man to Ever Have Existed!

. I love how Mary Ann is so subtle, I'm not sure even she knows what she's doing in this story. We can totally see that when she says, "Maybe I like it here on the island," she MEANS, "I love being on the Island *with you*, Gilligan!" but neither of them really seem to pick up on that, Gilligan just thinks she's trying to make him feel better, she probably just thinks she's trying to tell him how much of a nice person he is - we're all sat here shaking the computer and yelling "It's love! Love I tell you!"

. Mary Ann trying to be all supportive but getting distracted by the tragedy that befell Skippy's birthday cake and rolling around in fits of laughter. At least Gilligan saw the funny side - at last!

. "I know a gorgeous film star, and I don't mean Ginger!" Holy Rockery Hudpeck! That's some move, MA! *high five*

. Why wasn't Ginger paying more attention to Proffy or Skipper? Because none of them are as unendingly adorable as Gilligan, of course. Gilligan's just too busy being unknowably adorable to realise this. Good job MA knows where it's at.

. Skinny Mulligan putting a worm down Florence Oppenheimer's pants. I have to agree with everything Courts said there. I LOLed like a frickin' drain! Go Skinny!

. Pink slippers and a pink housecoat. What happened? "I dunno, I think they got divorced." OH EMM EFF GEE! Genius! I can see his little you know what face now, knowing exactly what he's just said but pulling the Innocent Look to distract MA from the downright hilariousness of it all!

. "They fell in love after Skinny put the worm down Florence's pants." That's how it happens, kids. Watch where you put your worms, boys. Anything could happen.

. Gilligan! O.O! "OMFG! Don't tell me Ginger... NO! NOT THE L WORD!" The poor love. You big tease, Mary Ann. *bows down reverently*

. Tickling! Meep!

. "You don't know your own strength!" she says, breathlessly, bosom heaving slightly. Don't make out like you don't know where it's at now, MA!

. "I'm a mighty sailin' man!" Damn right you are, Shotgun... *woof*!

. "See these muscles?" Can we have "Gilligany" as a new adjective? If there are no words for how amazing someone is, can we say that their behaviour is Gilligany? Because Gilligan just went all Gilligany right there!

. "laughing with my best boy friend" she means you, Gilligan! No wonder you like her film better, and her little pink tootsies and her cupcake eyes! BE HER LEADING MAN! "I guess so." Oh, he's so coy and inscrutable. No wonder she loves him so much but can't *quite* say it!

. "if she thought it was impossible to make him feel better, then she was wrong, and all he had to do was tell her so." OH IT *IS* LOVE! Tell her, Gilligan! Tell her!

. HE PULLED HER PIGTAIL AND IT WASN'T EVEN A EUPHEMISM!

Oh... there are no words. He really is something else.

I adore the way you write MAG. Scrap that. I adore the way you *write*. And I do miss it, very much indeed. So thank you ever so much for writing this. It's made so many people happy and I really hope that writing it made you happy too.

Yours in giving little Bobby a hug every now and then

Ell Aitch xx
tomboy author chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Aaaaaaaaaaaaw that is soooooooooooooo cute. Absolutely adorable.

Yeah that sounds like sweet Mary Ann alright.

then he moved his hand through the grass and gently tugged her pigtail.

That is a sweet ending. I just love this MAG story, once again you have done a fine job and on behalf of MAG and GI fans everywhere I thank you.

tomboy author out
Matthew White chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Teobi steps up to the plate. Here’s the pitch, here’s the swing, it’s going, going, and it’s a home run! Needless to say, I really liked this story!

And on to the story…Poor Gilligan, once again being used as the butt of everyone’s jokes and being played as the fool in Ginger’s story.

-As Gilligan watched his reflection looking sadly back at him, he decided that forever being the butt of everyone's jokes was something he would just have to get used to. Perhaps, in some odd way, it was his destiny to make others feel better about themselves. No matter how bad things get, we'll never be as dumb as Gilligan! – These lines epitomize what I have always thought about Gilligan’s self esteem. Nonexistent!

-Yet in his dreams he was always heroic; a matador, a Ship's Admiral, a secret agent whom women always wanted to kiss. He wondered why that was. – Because, my dear Gilligan, our dreams are what drive us to be better than we are.

-Mary Ann removed the stick from his fingers, touching his hand lightly as she did so. She leaned forward to give the water a stir, and Gilligan moved his head so as not to accidentally see down her top. – Pay attention, Gilligan, she’s been hinting to you since the shipwreck. And, of course, he is a gentleman. You said it once yourself, Gilligan has a deep moral sense of right and wrong.

-"All I wanted to do was stop the telephone wires from getting wet," he said quietly. "How was I supposed to know the cable would get washed back out to sea?"

"You weren't supposed to know," Mary Ann replied, equally quietly. "I think it was sound judgement to cover up the wires, Gilligan. None of us bothered to, and if the cable had stayed where it was, the wires would have been ruined by the rain."

"And then I would have been blamed for that, too." – I remember thinking when I first saw the show, I would have done the same thing. I’m so glad Mary Ann pointed this out to him. Gilligan is absolutely correct, he was in a lose, lose situation.

-"Some of it's true though, Mary Ann. Even you have to agree, I am a klutz. I do mess things up. If it weren't for me, you probably would have been rescued by now."

"You can't fool me, Mary Ann," Gilligan said, wryly. "But thanks for trying to make me feel better." – I read this to mean, “Gilligan I want to stay here with you forever.” But Gilligan misunderstands.

Gilligan immediately began to squirm. "Ginger just wanted to make me look stupid," he muttered, unsure of the feelings that were welling up inside him from Mary Ann being so close. – It’s moments like this that make the MAG relationship magical. It’s the L word, Gilligan. Get used to it, because there is more where that came from.

-Mary Ann smiled conspiratorially. "Maybe it's Ginger's way of getting your attention, Gilligan. Maybe she likes you. Maybe she even..." – Read; “Maybe I like you. Maybe I even…” And then Mary Ann launches a preemptive tickling session.

-Mary Ann squinted against the sun as once again their eyes met, blue frosting melting onto a warm brown cupcake. "Would you like to be my leading man, Gilligan?" she teased. – Oh, Mary Ann, just tell him already! *grin* But this time, Gilligan seems to get it, at least on some level, as the next line suggests. - Gilligan looked up at the sky through swaying palm fronds and let Mary Ann's words warm him from the inside out, feeling a piece of the barrier crumble. – Beautiful!

-He took a moment to appreciate how the breeze lifted strands of her hair and playfully twirled them around, then he moved his hand through the grass and gently tugged her pigtail. – And Gilligan let’s her know, how cute!

-Maybe nobody was perfect, but Mary Ann Summers from Winfield, Kansas came pretty close, he decided. – I agree! Gilligan, you lucky dog!

Teebs, I enjoyed this immensely! As always, you do a fantastic job of capturing the essence of the MAG pairing.

Matt x
JWood201 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I CAN'T EVEN!

I was just thinking yesterday how much I missed your writing. This made me all warm and fuzzy inside! I love so many things about this. I just need to get right to the BULLet points! (It's still funny!)

- "Mary Ann's reflection joined Gilligan's as she hunkered down next to him at the water's edge. Gilligan kept his eyes down and swallowed as a wisp of delicate perfume tickled his nose like a feather. Mary Ann removed the stick from his fingers, touching his hand lightly as she did so. She leaned forward to give the water a stir, and Gilligan moved his head so as not to accidentally see down her top." Wibble. How'd he know he had to move his head so he wouldn't see down her top unless he already kinda looked down her top. What?

- "As Mary Ann stirred the water, their reflections danced and swirled together in a way that made Gilligan blush." And then later you say their reflections "writhed" around one another. Ow ow!

- Skipper's birthday cake! Poor guy didn't even get a piece.

- "Mary Ann unfolded her arms from around her knees and put them around Gilligan's shoulders. "I'd watch any movie with you in it, just so I could tell everyone I know a gorgeous film star," she murmured close to his ear. "And I don't mean Ginger." MEEEEEPP. She said he was GORGEOUS. Poor guy's all ferklempt.

- "Gilligan, when you were a little boy, did you ever pull a girl's pigtails or put a frog down her dress to show her that you liked her?" Precious.

- "Skinny Mulligan did. He put a worm down Florence Oppenheimer's pants." I BET HE DID! (I'm sorry).

- "Maybe Ginger's trying to put a worm down your pants." I'm not sure that's possible. (I'm sorry!)

- That rotten Mary Ann teasing him that Ol' Ginge loves him! Don't say it! Gross! But I love how she teases him. Leaning forward and saying The L Word! No! And getting all up in his business so that he topples over and she hovers over him tickling him!

- "grabbing Mary Ann around the torso with his legs, trying to pull her off him." Damn, son.

- G Man showing off his guns! Impress the laydeez, boy!

- "Would you like to be my leading man, Gilligan?" Wibble! She wants you to be her boyfriend, G Man! Pay attention! And he's all coy, shrugging, "I guess so." Playaaaaa.

- Aw, her words melted the wall around his heart!

- AND THEN HE PULLED HER PIGTAIL! BECAUSE HE LIKES HER! AND THINKS SHE'S PERFECT!

I can't! My feelings! I've missed you! This was beautiful and heartwarming and everything I always love your stories to be. Welcome back and I hope you have more ideas soon! *hugs!*
Spev chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Hello hello hello!

Tomorrow I will review properly but I couldn't go to bed tonight without letting you know how beautiful this story is. It's tender, heartfelt and exquisitely done. You get into Gilligan's head so completely that it's almost like reading a diary entry from him. I watched that episode the other week and I really didn't like how Ginger kept going on about all Gilligan's botch-ups - and you know how much I love Ginger!

Gilligan IS sweet and kind and cute and has a heart full of love and deep down he knows he has the capability of being so much more than people would expect. Most importantly, Mary Ann knows it too.

Oh, I just loved it. I got a little lump in my throat. I've loved watching Gilligan over the last few weeks and your stories always add an extra dimension, one that isn't out of place at all with what I'm learning about the castaways but one which brings them to life in a whole new way. Thank you so much for writing this, Teebs me luv. It's always a joy to read your stories and this was no exception.

Yours in uncharted desert isles

Ell Aitch xx