Reviews for If It Comes Back
Galeana chapter 1 . 7/2/2017
This is such a lovely fic. I love how you've characterized Lavender - being the kind of girl she is, I can see how losing her good looks could be so devastating. I also love how you've realistically portrayed her relationship with Seamus, how sometimes people need time alone to grow and mature and heal, and not everything is a fairytale. And I especially love the line: "You're beautiful, not pretty." So poignant.

So yeah, awesome work! You have a real gift for writing :)
MelGinnylover chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
You are ridiculously good at this...
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
You, my dear, have a wonderful gift for characterisation! Your Lavender was excellent, Hermione was perfect, Seamus was adorable... How do you do it? I loved how Hermione and Lavender fell into a sort of friendship. It didn't seem forced or contrived, it just felt natural and it sort of made sense, you know? You're very good at building up that tentative, post-war feel, the opening section being a perfect example of that. I really enjoyed this! (Even if I do ship Deamus so hard it hurts!)
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Brilliant! I simply loved the way they started afresh after separating. Although there is a little problem with the date, though: it should be May 1999 and not 1998. But overall, good job!
9025709621590 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
KGHLOIEGHLFJ THIS IS ADORABLE. I've never really considered Seamus/Lavender before, but this is definitely a headcanon of mine now. I like the idea of Hermione and Lavender eventually becoming friends - I can definitely see it happening after Voldemort's death. The progression of Lavender's worry about her and Seamus' relationship is very well written, and I found little spelling/grammar issues to comment on. Well done!
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Oh my goodness, how do you manage to write characters so perfectly? Lavender gets such a bad press usually and a lot of the fics I read about her depict her as this jealous, silly, psycho-girlfriend bimbo but you have given her depth and character. You have managed to create pathos for a character who usually is practically ignored or insulted. So many stories I read depict Lavender as never getting over Ron and spending her whole life being hateful and jealous towards him and Hermione and it is so, so nice to read something about her moving on and actually being happy for Ron and Hermione's relationship together.
I also really like the unlikely friendship that you have created between Hermione and Lavender. It is something that I have never read before but I am incredibly intruiged. And, I do love a bit of Lavender/Seamus and the ending was just incredible. Flawless.
the lola chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I love this exploration of Lavender, you make her a lovely character. Hermione and Lavender's friendship was very well done, and I liked the whole showing of them being back at school after the war, still not quite having found themselves. It was nice to see everyone settling and finally be able to grow into themselves. I loved the ending, it was really sweet. :)
00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
This is gorgeous - I really love this. I can see how much Lavender has matured from when we all saw her as "that clingy girl" in the books to such a lovely person. Great job!
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
AWWW, I loved this! Seamus/Lavender is something I don't really read much of but I do ship it, so I really enjoyed this piece! I loved Lavender's thoughts and the whole storyline. Great job!
Martian Goddess chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I WANT THE REST OF THE STORY! It totally works but I'd love to see where you went with it. I love how you matured her rather than keeping her the ditz she was in 6th year and included so much detail about her struggles with what happened to her.
TamariChan chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Oh, I love the relationship between Lavender and Hermione even more than the one between Seamus and Lavender! The last two lines are my favorites.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Perfect. I love how she accoeted him again, starting over, and how he lied and called her oretty but meant beautiful.
I love that she and herm got over their differences and became friends
I love how lavender moved on with life and was accepted eventually.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Really good story. Keep writing
Snitchstar chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I'm a complete Lavender/Seamus shipper, and I was a bit grumpy until the end! I did enjoy it though, even if it ended the opposite way! This was a great story. I love how you established an unexpected friendship between Hermione and Lavender.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Ooh, I loved this! I really really like Seamus/Lavender, and I was sad at the beginning when it looked like you were going to split them up, so the ending was a lovely surprise! It's nice that she finally managed to accept her injuries and carry on with her life. I also really enjoyed her friendship with Hermione - you know, of course, that I'm a huge Ron/Hermione fan, so I loved the hints of that and especially that there was no resentment between Lavender and Hermione because of it, and I liked the influence both of them had on each other. I really like post-battle Lavender, and you definitely did her justice! Thanks for entering. :)