Reviews for To Make It Shine
peodbears chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
This ficlet is overflowing with raw emotions, with grief and the unspoken desire of torturing one's self if that means keeping some shadow of what has long since gone. I made the mistake of listening to some instrumentals from Gladiator and now I am nothing but a sobbing mess trying to figure out how to express what I am feeling.
The relationship Mrs. Hundson had with Sherlock is not only the most heartfelt one on the show, but also, I think, one of the most important for his development and emotional status. Sherlock might never admit it, but he was her son in just the same amount that she was his mother and if there's one thing I know deep down inside of me is that the reason he had chosen to stay in that apartment, was because of Mrs. Hundson and not the offer, or the strategically placed flat.
Amazing story, truly.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Oh my. You're so good at angst!
Opy chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Good story! Love the Mrs Hudson perspective!
Anini mouse chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I realized what that Mrs Hudson was starting to say mother when she just thought "m-" and I sarted crying. I sobbed for the entire rest of the story so now my roommate thinks I'm crazy.
Hummingbird1759 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I love Mrs. Hudson and I love this story. Sweet and sad - well done!
She-Has-Holmes-Eyes chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oh my god. Please don't tell me the m- was supposed to be mother. If it is I don't think I'll ever stop the crying.
guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Wow, great story! Everyone should read it because it's different, unique, very well written, and a great character sketch of Ms. Hudson to boot!
ravenoak21 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Very nice. I do like this Mrs. Hudson, very much and her relationship with Sherlock...and John is natural, I think. You have captured it here. Thank you.
j3ntheninja chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Hey! I just clicked on your story thinking it was another post-Reichenbach fic, but man was I wrong! I absolutely LOVE the way you handled the whole Mrs. Hudson-after-the-fall character. I've not read one about her yet, and I'm glad I made this my first! She's so perfectly in-character: I can definitely see her being the one to clean a a means of coping. You gave her an interesting backstory, though- but it all seems realistic. I love Lestrade and Molly in here too, just more perfectly in-character characters. I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED the ending! I was literally cheering when the line about the forgotten corner of her heart came up. This was me: BELIEVE, MRS. HUDSON! YEEEEAH! Haha, yeah Sherlock she's not your housekeeper! All in all I can only say one thing about this marvelous piece of fanfiction. And that is: Wow. Nothing else. Just plain wow. Great job, mate!
Errant Ember chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
:') Wow,, that was extremely well written. Brought tears to my eyes.