Reviews for The Space Between
odalys-ortiz chapter 4 . 11/6/2014
This was a great way to end it. I'm glad that John now knows what Joss knows and accepts that.
odalys-ortiz chapter 3 . 11/6/2014
At least now after that ass kicking, John calmed down. I'm glad that Joss finally gave him the picture too. Took her long enough.
odalys-ortiz chapter 2 . 11/6/2014
I'm proud that Joss is able to hold her ground for now. She's definitely got a heck of a lot of backbone to go up against John Reese.
odalys-ortiz chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
It's funny that even Finch acknowledges that John feels something for Joss to a point that he would send her on what sounds like a suicide mission to me. She better bring her lucky rabbit's foot.
Nkhen chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
Fantastic! You took a moment - one day - and drew out the heart-rending conversations, acknowledged the admin aspects, but really dove into the budding relationship and entangled feelings there!

Absolutely superb. Yey :-D
Nkhen chapter 3 . 5/17/2014
Carter was all this and then some to john! What a phenomenal woman!
Nkhen chapter 2 . 5/17/2014
I was reading some (published) fiction just yhe other day. It has NOTHING on what you're giving here.
Your dialogue is mature and succinct, entirely appropriate to the subjects and still allows for the compassion and empathy floating between them.

The situation is tense - you've conveyed that so brilliantly - but I'm not fearing for carter. But reese's pain is evident in his coping mechanism...and I'm giddy with anticipation to see how joss navigates his hurt but doesn't tolerate his self-destruction.

Have I mentioned I love your writing simply brilliant!
Nkhen chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
I love that song how have I missed out on all this goodness from you before?

Loving the start...
falconrukichi chapter 4 . 3/24/2014
Love it. The only way to force him back to reality only one person can do so far. Its carter. I like this story
ravenhusker chapter 4 . 2/24/2014
Nice read. You captured them perfectly. Joss is not at all intimidated by John. Reese just can't shake her. Finch was right. She probably was the only one that could have helped him in this situation.
ladyleo65 chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Nice.
Gyreflight chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
I liked this.

There aren’t enough stories which write these two the friendship they deserve – wherever else it’s nice to move this relationship, the push and pull between them is rooted there, and I like seeing it built on first. Of course, given who they are, it’s not an entirely comfortable thing, but then again friends have a way of getting behind each other’s defences, and John’s likely to take the unexpected discovery of someone behind his walls badly…at least at first.

I wonder too, whether some of that reaction is perhaps a kind of test (consciously or not), to see whether Jos can really accept who he is – if so, she passes with flying colours. She doesn’t back down, and when he pushes she will push back without fear if she thinks it warranted. Yes, this Jos is strong enough to be his friend…strong enough to perhaps be more than that, if they choose to try.

Thanks for the read.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
Very nice!
Destined627 chapter 4 . 2/22/2013
Great story!
Valentine51 chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Thank you for writing this story of how true friendship works . . . even when the toughest things have to be said. I am awed by your empathy for your characters and how tenderly you have treated them. Reading the sequel. One of my favorites that will be read many times.