Reviews for Diets are Made to be Cheated
Dearest Destiny chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
I feel like the Reichenbach Fall part was all very Bonnie and Clyde for some reason.
Kaorulabelle chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Wow.

That was awesome. It was very long, and full of feelings, and i don't have enough words to describe it because i'm French and i read english better than i can write it, but i couldn't stop reading it and it made my heart swell.

Thank you for writing it !

K.
mecaka chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I think this is pretty flipping amazing. Fem!Sherlock is just as believable as normal Sherlock.
Of Ella and Oranges chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Reading this was almost surreal for me, because your Sherlock voiced my exact fears about love. I actually used many of those exact phrases when explaining my feelings to my... person-I-love-thing.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Excellent work, though I have to admit, I couldn't think of her as Sherlock at all.
Rairakku1234 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
'She could probably ignore it until John gets out of the shower. Probably. Doesn't want to. Annoying John is an enjoyable activity.'

Hahahahaha. Hilarous and very Sherlock.

'(A glance sideways. Expecting disapproval or at least shock. Only vague amusement.) Am I good?
(Laugh.) My dear Watson, you're fantastic.'

I don't know what it is about these two lines that sold me on the flashback and the story, but these really are it. And both are so very John and Sherlock.

'It's Victor, ultimately, that made her decide to start abstaining from sex. It made her vulnerable, the fact that she opened herself to someone else's will, let them into her most intimate places, both mentally and physically. Sherlock by nature does not like feeling helpless or lost, and one cannot help but feel such things when one is engaged in such a relationship with another person. Victor could come up behind her and breathe against her neck and she was undone.'

I like the Sherlock logic here. Seems very in character.

'Dubiously, Sherlock turns around, continues staring out the small hole she's found in the door. She has to hunch slightly to see out, and this involves pressing her lower back against John. Against her upper thigh, she can feel a warm pressure. She stifles a gasp. Leans her forehead against the door and mutters, "Are you aware that you have an erection?"
"Pretty aware, yeah."
"Are you aware that it's pressing against my thigh?"
"Never would have noticed, Sherlock. Thanks for the deduction."
"Why?"
"Apparently it's instinctual for blood to accumulate in the penis when one has a woman kneeling in front of him breathing on his crotch, and it really doesn't matter if they're in a murderer's flat and the woman is his flatmate. Did you know that? I certainly didn't."'

Hahahahahahaha. Hilarous.

'She wishes he would stay that way, body over hers, pleasant weight pressing her into the mattress. It makes her feel cocooned, warm, protected. But he gets up and tells her to drink her tea and that's that.'

Wonderful emotional beat.

'Immediately, confliction slams into her. She wants to tell him everything. That she wants to curl up underneath him and never have to leave, that she wants to feel every inch of him, wants to become part of him, that she wants to feel her body molded so closely to his that they become one person. She wants to tell him that she never wants him to leave her side; that she's afraid of what she'll actually do to herself if he does. Most of all, she wants to tell him that he's still the only person she trusts; that for ten years she never thought of doing this with anybody but him.
It stirs itself in her stomach, a deep, painful feeling of indecision and confusion. She could slap him.
Eventually, she meets his eyes and says, "What else would it be?"
He looks down at his lap, and shakes his head like it's the answer he was expecting, but it's no less disappointing for it. He mutters, "I don't know. Nothing. I wouldn't have…nothing. Just forget it."
"You've obviously made the mistake," she sneers, "Of confusing me with being an actual human being." '

Amazing emotional and character development.

"I hate you," she says, "Because I've known you for a year and you should be the dullest person on the planet to me—absolutely, completely dull, I should have been tired of you within ten minutes—and yet I still don't know everything about you. At the same time, ...edited for shear leanght of the fourparagrahs I love... she's breathed the entire time—and says, "I hate you sometimes, because you make me want to be a better person."

Oh my goodness. These four paragraphs where amazing. So much emotion yet still so sherlock. wow.

"I want to be part of you," she says, finally, barely above a whisper. "I want to crawl into you, feel your blood run through my veins as my own. I never want to have to be without you, even for a moment. It's unhealthy, even I realize that. So I think, sometimes, that I would settle for waking up with you every morning and sitting and eating toast with you, or watching you eat toast, and knowing that you're near and feeling some kind of increased sense of security, even though logically I'm no more safe in a room with you in it than without. I think I could be okay with you going to work, so long as you promise to come back at the end of the day, or come when I need you—and I won't lie, sometimes when I need you it will be because I've forgotten how the inside of your elbow tastes and I can't let myself forget anything about you, even that.
"I think I could be okay…Because I'll have the work and it's a distraction, it always has been, from my various…addictions. I think I could be okay because I am having this baby and it will need love and affection and someone to sing to it and that person will be me, John, and it's part if you and I couldn't deny it anything, especially life." She looks up, meets his eyes, and says, "Is that good enough?"
John looks vaguely shell-shocked, but he nods and swallows and says, "Yeah, that's…that's good. Yes."
He crawls back onto the bed and they tangle with each other. John rests his head on her stomach and closes his eyes and breathes. Sherlock does the same.'

Wow.

Very very intersting story,
Thanks for sharing.
Puggle chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
My first she Sherlock and I was a little aprehensive to start but am really glad I stuck with it. Really great piece. thank you so much for sharing.
mercuryandglass chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
You could have been cruel and published this as chapters and made everyone wait in between... But you didn't, and I'm glad.
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
this is probably one of the best gender-bender fics in the fandom. thank you for writing this.
Sherlocked For Life chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Love it, I started read it on my way home wich takes about 2 hours when I read the rest on the evening and believe me that was the fastes I ever read a so long one-shoot and it relly made my day so much better.(sorry for bad english)
firewordsparkler chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
This was absolutely brilliant.
Feel better!
Freddie chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
L-O-V-E IT! 'nough said.
Artemis Fortune chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Oh God I LOVED this! There were just so many different ways that you explained love, it's extraordinary! To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit of a sucker for stories with baby Hamish! :3
Forte
Grey chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Im surprise there's no review for this story yet. It's utterly interesting, to have the perspective of a female Sherlock, and how it'll affect the storyline. It's awesome, thanks for sharing!