Reviews for The Splinter
mb64 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Oh this was so cute. Dean is such an awesome big brother!

Very well written and as always, you have portrayed the guys just right.

(Good song choice for this. The one that always gets stuck in my head is the Veggie Tales Hairbrush Song!)
The Slightly Demented chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
This story was soooo freakin' adorable. I just want to pinch Sammy's cheeks.
NetMyne01 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Ouch! Poor Sammy, I hate splinters myself, so I can see why it's such a big deal for a five year old! Dean the perfect big brother! Great fic!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I will have to look the song up on YouTube as have no idea what you are talking about, guess the song never made it to the UK!
Awesome fic, Dean being big brother, father and mother to Sam all in one as he removes the splinter from his little brother's finger and distracted him from the pain of it being removed by getting him to sing! Had to feel sorry for Sammy, not only with the painful splinter but also noticing that John was never there, and even though he preferred Dean they both needed their father around. And felt sorry for Dean at the end of the fic, with Sammy asleep having to work through a long list of chores that needed doing in John's absence, things that really Dean should never have had to be bothered with at that age.
A really great read, as usual so true to character and could see it playing out in my head as I read it. :)
Kirabaros chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Aw Dean at his greatest as a Weechester. Thanks for the cute fluff.
3DBABE1999 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I was *SQUEELING* (that really high pitched one like *AAAAWWWW! A PUPPY!* or *A BABY!* type squeely noise) the noise us girls make when we see (or picture) something SERIOUSLY ADORABLE! And little Sammy is ALWAYS SERIOUSLY ADORABLE! But YOU made him even more ADORABLE and *SQUEEL* worthy. And Dean was PERFECT! I must also say there was a sad "Aww!" moment for poor Dean having to be a 'single parent' at the tender age of 9 I LOVE the way he needed to get Sam down for a nap so he could 'have a break' (He SERIOUSLY deserved one poor kid!) yet instead he starts doing chores while Sammy sleeps like real moms (and single or stay at home dads) usually do cause it's the ONLY time he'll be able to get ANYTHING done.. It's just... sad. :'-(
missingmikey chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Very sweet!
janiebee64 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I love that song Marianna..great choice. This was so sweet..Dean being that awesome big brother, and Sammy knowing he has an awesome big brother. Love this one..can't wait for the next.

Take care friend,
Jane
hotshow chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I loved this story - it's so cute. Thank you.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 9/19/2012