Reviews for Peaches And Concrete
LilianClassic chapter 1 . 4/6
Oh my god, this was amazing, I love what you did with it. I honestly thought that too good to be true ending was, well...too good to be true. She mentions maybe once that she was sad she wasn't friends with Nobu anymore; seriously? Once? Nobu was such a huge part of her life and the story that I couldn't believe he was so easily forgotten. I think your story is way more realistic in what unfolds, I can totally see this happening if this was real life. I hope to see you write some more fics for Memoirs some time, gotta get my Nobu fix! :P Awesome job :D
Ava Taggart chapter 1 . 1/27
This is beautiful. You've taken a happy ending and made it heartbreaking and full of regret, yet in a way that's believable given the canon. Amazing work.
SilentWriter987 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Wow... I've never viewed the chairman in this way before. I was irritated by him, but only in the last chapter. When he wouldn't divorce his wife and marry Sayuri. But here... I'm almost feel bad for Sayuri. This was absolutely wonderful to read.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is a great story, I always thought the book would have been a lot better if she chose Nobu over the Chairman, more realistic anyway. An interesting story line would be if Sayuri told Nobu her real name, just an idea. You're a great writer I hope you write another story with Nobu and Sayuri.
Delia Lavender chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
That was wonderful! You've taken the relationship of Nobu and Sayuri a fascinating step forward. Throwing peach pits, indeed! I loved the opening metaphor: Sayuri as a lonely doll in a big, luxurious toy box. Although this story stands alone beautifully, I'd love to see you continue it.
esther chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
PERFECT. FLAWLESS. AMAZING. SUBTLE AND HEART-WRENCHING LIKE WHOA.

i loved this so much, even though the ending broke my heart.

watching the movie, i was instantly captivated by the chemistry between nobu and sayuri. it felt real and honest, compared to her idealistic and naive love for the chairman.

this is perfect the way it is, but i'm going to pretend that nobu crumbles and contacts her. :P
kafkian chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Is this a Nobu Sayuri? :D In any case, I love your writing style and I like your Sayuri and how you started this. Hope you continue it somehow!