Reviews for Upsetting the Applecart
resplendeo chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Am so happy you posted again on this. I love this story! Everything will turn out differently, won't it.
Good.
And Xander isn't being ignored! And his ... parents will be dealt with, yes? I hope so.
I look forward to how this story progresses!
Zhor chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Excellent... I foresee Spike's plan not turning out so well for him.
Nival Vixen chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Great chapter!

Loved Ethan and Xander fighting the bug guy off with not-so-girlish screams. The fact that Xander carries around bug spray is hilarious. Poor guy. Eris "working" on Xander's home life sounds promising.

Hopefully this intel will make Buffy a bit more amenable to Eris. Obviously she's not going to be her best friend but a certain respect could work out.

Nice introduction to Kendra. I always liked her :) I don't know if she'll stay or go back, but I'm sure it'll be interesting until then!

Giles' response to want to call Ethan made me happy - he's getting his friend back! :D

Look forward to the next chapter and to see what happens with Spike and Dru.
editcat chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
What a delightful surprise to see a notice for this in my inbox today! I love the way you're developing things here. Xander as the sorcerer's apprentice has a lot of potential. And I cannot praise highly enough the nickname of "Mr E". It's abso-bloody-lutely perfect. I do hope that Spike continues to be an antagonist, or that you at least avoid the Buffy/Spike relationship altogether. I mean, I suppose that one Slayer/vampire romance is all right, if a bit creepy, but two is rather overegging the pudding. I always felt that pairing the two represented a failure of the imagination. Not the least of the many reasons that I prefer to forget series 6 and 7, instead imagining that the show ended with Buffy's self-sacrifice.
Starway Man chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Great to see another chapter of this story! I read it all again from the start, which reminded me why I liked it so much when it first came out. So, the events of "What's My Line" are happening somewhat differently, even if some things are the same. I think the major differences so far are no Xander & Cordelia kissing is Buffy's basement, and no Oz getting shot and this setting up his relationship with Willow. And Snyder becoming a town hero? You are EVIL! Anyway, I hope we see more soon, and from the last couple of lines, it might even include the end of Spike and Drusilla...
Shenandoah76209 chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Woohoo! I wouldn't have stopped at the grocery store before work if I'd known this was waiting on the computer!

Love all the interaction and I soooo don't blame the Scoobies for playing non-information givers to Buffy when she's like this. Keep everything quiet until she's had a chance to get her brain in order about Angelus/Angel and then maybe tell her when she's calmed down. Pointing out if she gets mad about non-disclosure that she'd been in mourning and not listening to reason and they had been trying to save her life.

Ethan's reaction to the hints about Xander's home life... PERFECT. Can't wait to see what he actually does about it.
Waspeater chapter 9 . 5/22/2013
Mr. E? Hooray for the trenchcoat brigade!

... and the little google-y bird tells me there's also a Scooby Doo character called that. Twofer.
melody-chii chapter 8 . 3/12/2013
Hi. You should update this because Eris is so funny and Ethan is just adorable and Xander is about to become a pyro and Giles might just get laid some time soon and that won't happen if you don't update and everyone's looking forward to it.

So yes, please update soon because everyone [I] really needs this in their lives.

Best Regards,

Melody-chii.
Dimac99 chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
I'm really enjoying this - not read any Buffy-fic for aaages! I'm loving the way Eris has just breezed in and taken over poor Ethan's life, and I'm loving the way he just lets her. I ship Giles/Ethan and quite bizarrely forgot that that wasn't what brought me to this fic so I was confuzzled in the beginning as to why there were no homo-erotic overtones (or even outright smoochies) when Giles was smacking the snot out of Ethan in the beginning lol. As Buffy would say, my bad!

RIP Robin Sachs
Waugh chapter 8 . 2/23/2013
Eris is always gold, and I love your Ethan. Also nice to see Xander getting some character development... Magic!Xander is going to be interesting (highly entertaining) I can tell ;). I trust him more with it than Willow anyway...
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 8 . 1/26/2013
Awesome! Love to see more of Xander in this!
Kristen257 chapter 8 . 1/16/2013
LOL. Your Ethan has had me cracking up, especially that last bit. "How's your Latin?" hee! Giles should be feeling very afraid right now. We've all seen what happens when Xander mixes with magic and now he's going to be taught by Ethan. Giles ought to be feeling a chill down his spine right now even if he won't know why just yet. Eris has a very good point about Ethan not thinking things through to the inevitable consequences most of the time, although that last bit proves Ethan won't let it stop him if he does happen to give it a passing thought.

This is a YAHF take I haven't seen before and I'm enjoying it very much! I have to add this to my favorites and I'm looking forward to reading more.

P.S. I'm not bothered by Angel's death either. Hooray for Chaos Goddesses!
Nival Vixen chapter 8 . 12/30/2012
Ethan and domestic bliss. Not usually a group of words to be strung together, but it more than works here! :D

Hee, Order of the Teriyaki, loved it!

Xander being bribed with Chinese food was great, and I cannot wait to see the result of him learning to conjure fireballs. I just hope he pronounces the Latin correctly, or else things could end up a little messy.

Turning the Worms R Us guy into a pile of fire-ridden goop was definitely fun to read. And squelchy.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Nival Vixen chapter 7 . 12/30/2012
I'm glad Jenny confessed who she really was, and that she stayed. Even more glad that Rupert seemed to understand and connect with who she was, what she did, and why.

I hope Kendra's presence won't truly muck things up for them all. Though maybe Buffy won't get all 'look at me, Slayer number 1' on her... Okay, not even I believed it while writing it.

I really don't like the Watcher's Council. It was kind of stupid of them not to inform their Watchers that there's another Slayer! Although, did Rupert actually tell them that Buffy survived the Master? Or they just didn't care and wanted Kendra - someone by the book - instead of Buffy?
Nival Vixen chapter 6 . 12/30/2012
Really enjoyed the talk that Giles and Xander had, and the fact that Xander was given attention was great. I could imagine him working with a longsword and surprising everyone at a later date. (Or the girls, at least.)

Rupert seems to be taking Eris seriously, even with her being a Chaos demon who saw one possible future. That's definitely a good thing. :)

*snickers* Ethan 'sweet'. Ah well, he'll come to accept it eventually!

Great chapter!