Reviews for Upsetting the Applecart
Waspeater chapter 4 . 10/12/2012
Absolutely bloody brilliant.

I'm always happy to find a well written YAHF that isn't an excuse for Xander-Sue.

I'm delighted when I read the rare fic that uses Ethan Rayne as a character as opposed to an excuse for "random magical shit I can't be bothered to set up with anything other than diabolus ex machina".

I am ecstatic to discover a fic where Ethan isn't cartoonishly irredeemably evil AND it isn't just slashfic jamming Ethan/Giles into a yaoi seme/yuke dynamic.

One last bit of brown nosing:-
"I am sorry about him. He still thinks ethics is somewhere east of London."
Is easily the best one liner I've read this month.
If it's yours - mad props, if not - where did you get it from?

From a technical point of view, it's interesting to see a a (somewhat) fixfic against the worst excesses of the idiot ball that's justified within the narrative; instead of say - I HATESES THE SEASON 8 COMIX SO THEY JUST NEVAR HAPPENEDDED.

Have you any plans for Ms. Nixon to interact with any "real world" discordians? The potential reactions of a slack-seeking clench of the Church of the Subgenius coming to terms with a walking, talking incarnation of Eris are almost too delicious to contemplate. At any rate, they would make a unique minion pool.

One of the things that has always pissed me off about what is otherwise my hands-down favourite fandom is (as part of the heroes having no plan and just fire-fighting thing) they never investigated what made "Sunnydale Sydrome" work. If I may be so bold - FNORDS?

I know Giles/Jenny aren't viewpoint characters for this story but I'm looking forward to how the mutual 'I had secrets that hurt you but I can't forgive you for keeping secrets that hurt me' is resolved (or not).

MOAR PLEEZE
stexgirl2000 chapter 4 . 10/12/2012
Cool! Eris is a fun goddess of Chaos...she literally and figuratively cut the Powers and Partners' nads off. Heh.
Shenandoah76209 chapter 4 . 10/12/2012
Yay! Ding dong the jerk is dead!
katdemon1895 chapter 4 . 10/12/2012
this is one of my favorite stories ever, love love love it, amused by ethan and eris's burgeoning relationship and loving the continued outline for their bookstore, love that giles doesn't know how quite to handle eris, he's really rather hopeless with dealing with strong women in general isn't he? and the way you killed deadboy *sigh* love it, absolutely wonderful, and i'm guessing that eris made it permanent? excellent, and buffy just rushing in to beat stuff up rather than thinking, you really have her general reactions down quite well already
fantastic chapter, looking forward to how things will go next
Trbl chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
Haha... poor Ethan. He's always let chaos rule his life...but never before quite so literally or personally (not to mention intimately) .

I'm sure his life is about to improve significantly. Can Not wait!
stexgirl2000 chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
I am really enjoying this so far. Ethan with the mortal incarnation of Chaos. On the Hellmouth. And giving the finger to Comics canon, that's the icing on the cake. The banter is great. Looking forward to reading more!
katdemon1895 chapter 3 . 10/8/2012
nice little filler chapter and I'm incredibly fond of Eris right now, and that's also a very succint description of giles and buffy's relationship at the moment, sad that buffy really is a very stupid sixteen and dead boy really should know better, never mind what the age of consent was in his time period, it was still creepy and all over forms of ick then and it's creepy now
looking forward to see how eris and ethan's winging things will turn out
Shenandoah76209 chapter 3 . 10/8/2012
OMG I think I'm falling in love with your Ethan. He's deliciously bent and mischievous.
Trbl chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
Duuuuude!

Oh, poor Ethan is so far in over his head. It will be good for him, I'm sure :)

And Eris is sure to improve the Buffy-Verse... I love Joss, I really do, but some of the later stuff..., just...no. I look forward to it being Eris-ed...see what I did there?

Loving this so far! Can't wait for more.
Shenandoah76209 chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
Argghh... OMG I can't wait for the rest... nicely vague without being too nebulous... and oh yeah were there too many powers mucking about with the broth. Seriously? How many appocolypti now?
katdemon1895 chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
fascinating and somehow gives me goosebumps, no dawn to break- so no sudden little sister? and no twilight, yay! twilight isn't good in any sense at all inside or outside the buffy-verse
looking forward to what you come up with when things really get going!
Creepy Kiki chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
This is too awesome. Please continue on writing this. I love trickster characters and I'm so glad that Eris is saving Ethan from his fate. I want to see how they mess up the Buffy-verse.
Rokimbo chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I love your work. It's always a pleasure to read. (Love badass Ethan and Giles; enjoyed Angel ONLY when he had his own show; Buffy was always my least fav character - too whiney & emo for me.)
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Heh-heh!

Will there be a sequel, so we can follow the continuing adventures of Ethan and the goddess of chaos? :)
SweetTale4u chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Since I love all your stories, I am going to favorite and immediately start to read, thank you so much for gracing us with another one of your stories. I love Buffy and I am so glad you will bring your own personal and unique take on this fandom.
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »