Reviews for The Marriage of Sir Gwaine
Lewis the Editor chapter 5 . 4/13
This is a really great story and well written. I loved this last chapter, even though your author's note said it wasn't as good. I'm sure it's now too far in the past to update, but I thought I'd let you know that if you ever DID decide to update, it would be SO awesome. I've been looking for a story like this for a while now. Probably my favourite King Arthur legend.
The Golden Snitch chapter 5 . 1/18
You left us hanging! Can we expect an update? I noticed in your profile that you are still active and updating, so I hope this story is on your 'update' list. I love how you make your stories mesh with the legends.
The Golden Snitch
drifting11 chapter 5 . 10/9/2014
I'm so sad, I really want to read next chapters but I have the FEELING it's impossible. You're a sadist. PLEASE !
Linorien chapter 5 . 5/28/2014
I want to know what Merlin and Galahad know! I feel like the original legend is dancing just in the shadows of my mind and I just can't quite remember it.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
plwae update I like nell and gwaine
Mrs. Bonner chapter 5 . 10/6/2013
I am enjoying this story, and you couldn't have picked a better tale to tell. Not sure if you're still writing it. But I loved the scene between Gwaine and the lady. Even though I know how the story ends, it's fascinating to watch these two connect and build something wonderful. You're a very good writer!
Lady V chapter 5 . 8/27/2013
I love your development of this couple. You're right that the ballads/myths did not flesh them out enough. The dialogue worked in all favors and actually gave me a better opinion of both towards the end of the chapter- not a complete 180 but being friends is a step. Would love to see their reactions, so hopefully update soon!
colinare chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
Its fantastic i love the original story and i think that it is a great way you put it into the show. Update soon.
2inchfish chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
I can see why the conversation would be difficult. But it gave Gwaine an inkling of what it was like to talk to an intellectually equal woman, a woman of nobility like him, no less. Interesting. Look forward to the rest.
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 5 . 2/28/2013
This is absolutely glorious! I am so much in love with this story that I could not leave a review glowing enough to say how much...and I fear that you will think me insincere, since I did this with your last story too. The truth is, you're just a brilliant writer. Scout's honor.

My favorite thing about this (other than the combining of BBC Merlin and the rest of Arthurian legend, and Gwaine and Nell's awkward but honest conversation) is how you've deepened Gwaine's character. He's my favorite in the show as it is, but I like the idea of his stance on fidelity. So that while he does *cough* dally around a good bit, he doesn't go behind peoples' backs and would never consider getting married and not mean it. So thanks for giving Gwaine a few honestly valid qualities (other than being "the funny guy who has a lot of hair"). :)

I also liked him defending Nell against the children throwing things at her, and that she gives him the opportunity to escape from the marriage, but that he chooses her. That's an aspect to the story we really don't see anywhere else, and it's lovely. For the previous chapters...everyone's method of finding girls to ask the question had me in stitches. I especially liked Leon's family friends. Well, and Gwaine's methods, but that goes without saying.

Well done! No matter how uncertain you felt about this chapter (and the whole Gwaine/Nell thingummy), I, for one, found it quite excellent.
castofmerlin chapter 4 . 2/15/2013
Please tell me gwaine doesn't have to marry her!
Freawaru chapter 4 . 2/11/2013
I very much love this! I do hope you update soon! Gawain has always been my favorite knight, and this is among one of my favorite stories about him! And I think you're doing a marvelous job fitting it all into "Merlin" and making peerless Gawain work with the way they've done Gwaine in the show.
bluemeanies chapter 4 . 2/8/2013
this was fun
Midnytestar chapter 3 . 12/29/2012
Gah! Ok, you seriously need to update this story! I truly adore your writing style. It's very straightforward with just enough details to let my imagination create the rest. Please, please update soon, it's wonderfully written story.
Midnytestar chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
Nice, love how you intertwine history and the show together seamlessly. It's good to see a glimpse of each knights personal life without having a whole book to read.