Reviews for The Calf: A Different Version
rubyblue100 chapter 1 . 4/5
great story:) I am glad Jaspers mom told me about you:)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Very good! I enjoyed it a lot. I can picture this happening and can see the charactors. You captured them perfectly. The only thing, I don't know if John would have spanked them bare bottomed or not. I think he would have spanked them over their nightgowns. Those gowns wouldn't have provided much protection, and I'm sure John had a firm hand.

There was a later seasons episode where an actual spanking was referenced. Jim Bob reminded Elizabeth of a spanking she had gotten because Erin had gotten her blamed for something she did. I think Erin had broken the car window and got Elizabeth blamed. John hauled Elizabeth out to the smokehouse. I would love for you to write a story about that.

If you want to totally make up one, my favorite would be one about John spanking Erin. As a little kid though, not when she was older.
Jasper's Mom chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Yes, this is what should have happened on the show. In a true family of the time period, it would have happened just as you wrote it. Stealing, running off, trying to hide the calf, worrying their family would have caused their Father to warm their backsides! Please write more stories like this.
chelsea1234 chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Very sweet version of the show. I remember that episode well. Thanks for sharing :)
wandamarie chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
i had always thought the did earn a spanking in that episode keep up the good work
CocoRocks chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I don't usually encourage violence but I kinda wished this had happened in the show. I mean they stole a cow which was a serious crime.
oldtime chapter 1 . 9/22/2012