Reviews for The Murdoch Express
Cool Breeze chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
I'm pretty sure I already reviewed but I read this again and it is beautiful. I think Benjamin and Murdoch are going to be a formidable pair as father and son...good luck keeping your two boys in line, Julia ;)
barbarama chapter 8 . 10/15/2012
BTW I'm the guest that reviewed your story on Oct 13th. I didn't see that I wasn't logged in sorry about that ;P
Guest chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
Well what can I say, it was a bit grasping straws with the machine and all but you are such a great writer that I can still enjoy the story.

Too bad that the mother had to die for Murdoch to become a dad but at least he has a happy ending.

My only wish (and maybe you will plan that in your next story ;P) is that Julia would be more present to help William when he investigates, I think their professional dynamic is as great as their personal one.

Until your next story. take care!
Cool Breeze chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
Beautiful ending...I was hoping for this outcome when it seemed likely that Benjamin's mother may not be in the picture, though I am sorry she died. What a blessed boy to have a new, loving family! And what wonderful parents William and Julia will be :) Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to more of your work :D
Cool Breeze chapter 7 . 10/10/2012
At a loss for words...what a terrifying turn of events for Murdoch!
barbarama chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
Dun Dun Dun... And one more cliffhanger one! Why did you have to mention Anna, I thought she could stay in the past but in your story the Black Hand is not letting go, I would be actually surprise that they let William off the hook, unless he pushed the old coot! (but as you put it so well in your story he is too righteous to do such a thing).

I wonder what will happen next, but I can see a pattern in your stories that somehow you manage to put a bit of sci-fi in each of them (albeit minimal in this one); I wonder if you watched the movie "Cowboys vs Aliens" but I wouldn't be surprised if you did ;)

Anyway you did good, can't wait to read the follow-up and hopefully William be safe and see Julia soon!

Take care
Cool Breeze chapter 6 . 10/1/2012
Uh, I know you're determined to solve this case, Murdoch, but Julia will be well within her rights when she kills you for the risk you're taking...that is, if you make it home. ;)
barbarama chapter 6 . 10/1/2012
Murdoch and the Black Hand?! I hope he will be okay and that he'll get to go back to Julia soon.

This is getting so interesting, wonder what's next ?! ;)

Great job as usual!
Cool Breeze chapter 5 . 9/27/2012
No idea what happens now...all I do know is that William Murdoch never gives up!
barbarama chapter 5 . 9/27/2012
I liked it and the plot is tightening however (and it is only personal) I would love Julia to be a bit more involved helping William in the case, in which capacity I don't know but in this chapter as well as the previous she is a bit too much in the background for my liking.

Keep up the good work though, i can't wait to read the follow-up
Cool Breeze chapter 4 . 9/25/2012
That was one for all of the action junkies out there. While that may not apply to me, I still really enjoyed this post and love to see our William Murdoch so heroic. I don't love that there's an outstanding member of the Black Hand that's seen Murdoch. He's had enough problems with them already!
barbarama chapter 4 . 9/25/2012
I liked it, it felt a bit like a western, instead of being in the desert though it was snowing.

I am a bit worried about the Black Hand going after him, that is not a very good sign but I know you you wouldn't kill either William or Julia, if you do then I won't ever chat up with you again ;)

A bit of angst is not bad as long as the end is happy I am fine with it!
Cool Breeze chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
Ooh, the Black Hand...that sure thickens the plot. At least Murdoch has an idea as to what he's up against!
barbarama chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
whoa! The Black Hand my dear, well played, well payed indeed ;) I certainly didn't expect that and I am sure you have something really interesting waiting in the next chapter(s)!

Great work and I can't wait for the rest!
Mystery Fan chapter 2 . 9/22/2012
This story is really good! I can't wait to read the next installment!