Reviews for Strange Fruit
Smiling Killer chapter 9 . 6/17/2011
This is absolutely beautiful. I love the way u skillfully blended Marvel and DC. How character death poetically fits and is wonderfully used in the story. Is the sequel out as yet? I am a fan.
Anonymous Phantom Writer chapter 9 . 11/19/2010
An entertaining read. I enjoy how you show the characters interactions with other, though you seem to be hesitant to go in to detail about Bruce's more personal relationship with his Symbiote, whether Bruce every acknowledges that it is the only thing that truly knows everything about him and cares about him (not to mention is the only thing that kept him from going back to being a cripple). I can't wait to find out the aftermath of Bruce handing out all those Symbiote eggs like candy, possibly the cause of the Symbiote Wars? I can only hope so. The only thing up there with that wish is that Bruce migrated his mind from his human body to share with the Symbiote, possibly to help carry on the torch of the Gotham 'Family' after seeing all the ways the justice system has flaws? I can't wait if you ever decide to update this story again, and if you've abandoned it that is just as well after all this is free and who am I can to complain! So good luck, and have a wonderful time doing what ever you do.
peoplhi chapter 4 . 12/23/2009
from what i read so far, this is a very enjoyable fic. i was very lucky to stumble upon it. i wonder though, why it isn't categorized as a batman and marvel crossover? that would make it much easier to find and enjoy. i'm sure there are people out there who want to find a story like this but don't know how to find it.
Miravisu chapter 9 . 12/25/2008
Well, interesting crossovers, but at some points things felt like they were happening very fast.

But I sure am curious to find out about why the symbiot seems to be Bruce rather than what it started out as..
Ghost in the Machine chapter 9 . 9/26/2008
After reading the epilogs, I was wondering why Bruce getting loose was being considered a planetary crisis instead of a local one. Looks like we're going to find out.
Zantac the Barbarian chapter 9 . 9/25/2008
Wow! When you make up for lost time, you don't screw around! !

Even so; six years? DUDE! You are SO lucky they don't require a limit of three-months' delay per chapter! ! !

I hope to read chapter ten WAY before 12/31/08.
liljimmyurine chapter 8 . 9/4/2008
This story was fantastic. It's a shame that you stopped writing altogether three years ago
Otasnake chapter 8 . 6/15/2007
Great story
GuesssWho chapter 2 . 12/10/2006
Cool idea . . .
VeltaIO chapter 8 . 10/23/2005
Very interesting melding of your earlier Dark Knight stories and some of the concepts in Batman Beyond. Please continue and reveal the answers to the questions you've raised about the intervening years.

Great fun to read and definitely looking forward to more.
Josette chapter 8 . 7/17/2005
This is a spectacular story. I love the idea of Bruce getting the symbiote. Will we ever learn what exactly happened to him, and why Dick had a symbiote tracker?
Ghost in the Machine chapter 8 . 7/10/2005
O to Mach 3 in 7 seconds requires pulling 14.5 gees, well in excess of human limits. (During which 7 seconds, the vehicle has travelled over 2 miles.) Makes a big non-stealthy boom too. 8)

But the one thing that's slightly bugging me is 'Bruce' demanding to take over. It bodes ill for the future of Terry if Bruce wants to be in charge any time the situation gets sticky. (Not to mention that the 'symbiont' is really a parasite and will eventually kill him.)
tammin chapter 8 . 7/1/2005
I really like this story. I do have a couple of questions though. Why was the Dark Knight locked up in the cave? Why did Dick have a Symbiote tracking suit? and What happened to Bruce and Jean?

X-Over chapter 8 . 5/6/2005
Interesting crossover story you have here. I would like to read more of this wonderful crossover story of yours very soon. Also, will you include Batgirl (i.e. Cassandra; the only one who was ablt beat Lady Shiva in combat) in your crossover story? Also, will you include Static from the "Static" TV show as well as include the events from the the "Justice League" and Justice League Unlimited" series? PLease let me know. Anyway, please write more of this crossover story of yours very soon. Thank you. :)
ClassicDrogn chapter 7 . 3/20/2005
You seem to have made a slight mistake while uploading - this chapter is duplicated in the #1 slot as well as where it should be. I'm assuming that the original Ch1 dealt with how Bats got the Venom suit bonded to him, since it's already just there in Ch2. Otherwise, good story! I'd like to see more of the modern era bat/spider clan stuff too, though - and are you going to pull in 2099 Universe things in the Beyond timeframe? Granted, it's still a ways off from 2099, but from the few episodes of Beyond I ever watched it seemed like the tech and atmosphere were about right for evrything except the wastelanders in X-Men and Hulk, and a couple issues of Spidey.

- CD