Reviews for Six Weeks Out
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
At the risk of sounding like a broken record once again you do wonders with a silent Billy, the descriptions and the POV of Michael just heart wrenching and heart felt. I love that Fay comforts as well. It's just wonderful.

Fave part:

Billy, however—

Billy may not make it to the hospital.

The Scot is almost translucent, face unnaturally slack in the dim light. As soon as the medics hook up Billy to a heart monitor the thing starts blaring wildly. They scramble to save Billy's life, pressing an oxygen mask over his face and ripping his shirt away, and Billy doesn't flinch, doesn't flicker. The tube goes in and Billy's chest inflates, even as the medic starts squeezing the bag, face grim as he reads the monitor for Billy's vitals.

Michael's no doctor, but he can see the irregular cadence of Billy's heart, and he sees the pinched look of worry as the medics tend him in the air.

In the end, there's not much they can do for any of them.

-there's such a palpable helplessness here! You know how much I lap that kind of angst up!
lumpyh chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This is a brilliant companion to 'Five Weeks In'. It was a truly amazing story and you've done it justice. Great job, Faye!
Lena7142 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
"Let's put it this way," Michael says, as straightforward as he can. "If you can think of a worst case scenario, you might as well assume it happened."

Because that's just the kind of luck the ODS had.

*chuckles*

Lovely fic. Great angst and apprehension with just the right balance of hope and heart. Penless' fic was amazing, and this is a fantastic compliment to it. :) Wonderful.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Great stuff. :)
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Holy crap that was quite the whump fest physically and emotionally.

Wow.
penless chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
You humble me.

Thank you so much for this. I am so incredibly honoured that you wrote this piece, because I aspire to write more like YOU! It's absolutely fabulous! This is magical! So not only do you know these characters, but apparently you also are exceedingly good at getting inside MY head, too! Because wow, the way you've envisioned this...words fail me!

Once again, the emotion is intense, the dialogue is true, and you have such an immediacy to your writing that puts us readers right into the heart of it all.

You are amazing. Please, never stop.
robby1925 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Great job as always Faye!