Reviews for The Piper
Gioia chapter 31 . 6/24
I don't know how many years it has been since I've encountered a story as fulfilling as this, which so beautifully and accurately expressed my own heart's desires for the canon characters. You seamlessly incorporated so many of my favorites from Montgomery's many books, including my favorites such as Valancy, Rilla and Emily, whom few know or appreciate! Oh, but of course the gem of this story is the relationships of Walter & Una, both with each other and with others. I'm glad you didn't gloss over the searing torture of Walter's presumed rejection by/exile from his family. Those decades cannot be brushed aside, even if they had been perfectly happy years, rather than years which were marinated in so much agony for all concerned. I'm glad you frankly depicted the attitudes of the era in terms of how badly many would interpret poor Walter's story. Because all of that realism in depicting these characters & their universe means that this, my new head canon, is all the more dear to me.

Oh, and while this is a rather foolish statement, I must admit it happily occurred to me that any child born to Una & Walter would be too young to go off to WWII. I'm glad to know Walter would be spared that.
Christine chapter 31 . 2/12
What about Rilla? I've not seen much about her
lmm chapter 31 . 2/12
I don't know but have you ever read The Blythes Are Quoted by LMM?
The names of the children were: Jem and Faith-Jem, Walter, Anne; Nan and Jerry, Diana; Rilla and Ken, Gilbert and Rilla.
lmm chapter 31 . 2/12
again-I love this story
Andrea1984 chapter 27 . 9/3/2014
Rilla would never be so angry with Una, like you do it in this chapter.

Una is right: Her feelings for Walter are not Rillas bussiness.

Andrea1984 chapter 25 . 9/3/2014
Shirley is an idiot.

Una will never marry Dean Priest, 'cause she loves Walter and Walter loves her.

Andrea1984 chapter 24 . 9/3/2014
Una is wrong. Walter talkes about her, not about Faith.

Poor Una .

But: Why don't she speak with Walter about her feelings for him ?

TrisanaChandler13 chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
Why did you have Katherine's last name be Gordon, is she related to Philippa in any way?

I love the fluffy scene at the end!
SeaBreezeMist chapter 26 . 12/9/2013
Okay! I am sure I'm sadistic now! At least a streak! I can't help but a wide maniacal grin slowly spread across my face as I read of a _(I cant bear to call them charcacters) ire or demise. But I really do love 'The Piper' and your writing style is beautiful as always.
Guest chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
I swear I must be some kind of sadist. I find my smile growing wider with every misfortune that comes their way! Other than at Walna (Walter/Una). I want them to get together already!
Guest chapter 23 . 12/9/2013
Oh! You are just a wonderful author and I absolutely love this. I would so accept it as part of Montgomery's work. I am re-reading it for the second time around and have to say I love it. I am rapturously overjoyed beyond belief per this timeless story!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/9/2013
I started to tear up. First time in a while- since Rilla of Ingleside actually.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/9/2013
Oh! So beautiful! Yay!
SeaBreezeMist chapter 19 . 12/9/2013
Beautiful. Your writing style is very similar to Montgomery's and I am appreciating the broadening of Una's character. Keep writing.
Dragonfly damsel chapter 31 . 11/13/2013
Thank you so much for this story. I read it all in one day. I have always wished to know what happened after "Rilla of Ingleside". You did such a fantastic job of updating all of the characters. Sometimes your prose really did seem to echo that of LMM herself. And I was so excited about you including Valancy and Barney! Great job all around!