Reviews for Always the Morning
Stryder B. Park chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Oh, yes! I love it! More, I say, more! Great job.
thinkatory chapter 1 . 11/29/2002
You know, I've had you on my fave author's list for ages now and I haven't reviewed any of your fics yet. R/D didn't use to be one of my fave pairs but you changed that. Gluttony is good. Heresy is as good, if not better. This is just sweet. I think with this writing you could convince JK to use this pairing. Just a thought. -;; You rock!
samantha chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
please write more. very good. never thought that i'd like a r/d
cattail prophetess chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
::sniffles:: I love this even more than I did originally. I love Draco. I love Ron. ::hugs Draco and Ron. Hermione, who has snuck into the boys' dorm and watched the whole thing with wide eyes, also gets swept up in the hug:: How did Draco get in there, though?
Azzie chapter 1 . 7/29/2002
Very sweet how they get closer *grins* And typical of them, too. Ah, I loved it!
A-Chan chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Dala! :D I finally got to read this fic! It's so touching! I love the ending. "There's always the morning, Weasley." Yes, there is always the morning... WAH! :D I like this. Very much so. Like Sophie, I'll say, Welcome to the P&P! :D This is good fic rec worthy material. :D I like you. Very.

-AY
Merelyn25 chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Aww! This was absolutely adorable, and my fav pairing to boot! Very nice; I like the way you managed to give Draco a weakness without making him OOC. Good job! :)
Sophie chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Aaaah, I forgot, you joined the P&P! Welcome to the ship! Do stick around and chat with us (so many people don't come back. it's sad. :( ).

I really should be saying this over at FAP shouldn't I. Ah, too lazy to switch websites. Once again, Welcome! So very glad to have a good angst writer on board...
SophieB chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Very nice. It's well suited to the series. They're each a little bit different, dark to darker...with those shards of light, fingers of god shining through. It's exquisite. It's perfect.

As for this one...you've captured Draco's whole situation perfectly (well how I imagine it to be anyway). You've got Lucius being a bastard, but the way in which he's a bastard is perfectly suited for him.

What I mean is...he's a sadist. He gets off on hurting others. People often just say he's physically abusive and that's the end of it...but you've shown just how psychologically manipulative he is, the degree of his viciousness. How he fucks with Draco's (and everyone elses') mind.

It's a kind of cruelty that goes beyond over-pressuring and beating. It's almost along the lines of sexual abuse...your Lucius is sick. Your Lucius is pure evil (even though I love him, I have to admit to the obvious...*sigh*).

Draco's phobia of thunder storms...it's like an analogy for how he's been shaped by Lucius in *every* way his entire life.

"Banter is comfortable. Banter is secure. Banter is what we do instead of snuggling in the common room and walking through the halls with our hands in each other's back pockets."

I absolutly agree with that idea. It's how I write this pairing...the premise I base a lot of their actions and reactions on. But the way you put it was very concise.

"I think Draco's heart is too strong to stop just because he's frightened, but all the same, I hold him close and feel my own pulse speed up a little."

So pretty. :)

"The little hairs on my arms stand up. Therefore, I know who our midnight visitor is."

I love that idea. I love the idea of lovers having that kind of connection...that bit of closeness and familiarity.

The characterisations were well done. Draco's vulnerable defensiveness...and the calm that comes over him being in Ron's arms. Ron's imagination and observations.

And lastly, I have to say...I love the weather. Weather is always such a nice plot device/literary tool. I love storms and the many different ways people describe them. I think the storm you wrote, loud and raucous, was perfectly suited as a contrast to the peace the boys find with each other.

Gah, this review is nearly as long as the whole fic! Sorry if I've rambled or over-analysed, but this fic set me off a-thinking. Write more R/D! You do it so well. Great fic!
WildfireFriendship chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Kawaii! I loved it. Draco is just so cute! You must right more R/D's. You're really good at them.
Annchen chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Oh. That was the perfect thing to read before going to bed :)

I'm all warm and fluffy now. Thanks!

That wasn't very constructive was it? *thinks* I liked the fact that Draco was afraid of the thunderstorm. I really liked that silent part when they lie in the bed and holds on to each other like heaven is going to fall down. Yes. The rest was good too, but I think I liked the silent part the most.

Only one more thing: Nice to see you on the Prince and Pauper!
skypixie1234 chapter 1 . 7/16/2002
I have not mentioned this before, and you are probably wondering who on earth I am, but I adore you. I really do! I've read all your R/D stories and have been so bad for not reviewing them up until now! I adore your R/D interactions! And I loved this! Oh, please keep on writing this series... I really do need more!

And what a ficlet! Evil Bastard Lucius! That was so mean of him! And how adorable was Draco? And you even managed to keep him IC while saying he was afraid of storms... how do you manage it? You wonderful being you! You rock... and I'm off to review the others (Heresy is still slightly my fave though... maybe it's the perve in me... *winks*)

Great stuff!