Reviews for The Perspective of Yuki Nagato
Ergoemos chapter 5 . 9/3/2013
I really liked how you wrote this whole story. I was mildly surprised and pleased with the ending, as I hadn't expected a return of Prime!Yuki's perspective. You brought a real insight into the possible workings of Yuki's head in those last moments.

I don't remember the "If you continue to stay outside..." line from the books or movie, but I am also pretty certain that they both cut away before we see how they get off the roof. I like the addition. It was smart, well segue-d and felt natural.

I was actually a little curious about "What she might utter" at first. I was a little worried she might just start sobbing or something, which, you know, would be horribly tragic. Her confession to a silent world was a relief, but poignant. Over all, a great story.
Ergoemos chapter 2 . 8/28/2013
This is a really fun story. I am going to have to go through all your works in time, simply because you seem to be as fascinated by one of the most intriguing arcs in the show. I like the idea of viewing the world through Disappearance!Yuki's eyes. I mean, for all intents and purposes, this is a tragedy, as opposed to the canon's comedy.

Chapter One's Prime!Yuki was well done as well. I haven't read many stories through her eyes, but I really think you did an excellent job of making an non-human entity deal with human emotion. Particularly, the idea that she stopped eating and wasn't sleeping as "per protocol" so to speak.

This chapter was done very well. I like the sort of foil, wherein Nagato is the one with deja vu and Kyon has all of the true memories. Its not a perfect circle, but then, this arc doesn't have symmetrical solutions. The deja vu does give some rationality to Yuki's passive nature in the club room, too. Its actually an elegant and believable solution too, one I had never really figured on. Its far better than the sort of reasoning of "She was just so in love, she doesn't mind the abuse!" It doesn't excuse Kyon's actions, but it does make Yuki less "victim" and more "confounded beyond words," making the scene, and her failure to report the crazy person, far easier to swallow.

Overall, I am excited to read the rest (I waited to make sure I reviewed the evolving process, not just the final experience). I like it so far, and I am glad I stumbled upon it.
SilverRider09 chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
Aaawwww! Ssooooo! Cuuuutte! Poor yuki... So moving...
Da Games Elite chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
It was interesting. I feel that, as it went on, you kind of rushed through the original stuff, and you began recycling a lot of dialogue from the original movie. That's fine, but you depended a little too much on it. I would've liked to see more narration from Yuki's perspective, given us more introspection. As it stands, it's good, but I'd of liked to see more original stuff.

The stuff you did add in, however, gave me warm and fuzzy feelings, so you succeeded there. Just, next time, take us deeper into Yuki's mind.
Da Games Elite chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This is really adorable. I just got finished rewatching Disappearance, so, for me, this really hits me right in the feels. I get the vibe that Nagato is a little more antagonistic toward Haruhi than I'd expect, but, otherwise, spot on. _
I Before A Except After K chapter 5 . 11/24/2012
Excellent. Perfect. Flawless. Fantastic. I cannot find the words to properly convey how good this is. It is exactly how I would imagine Yuki would think. I would even be so bold as to say that, with the exception of the last line, I would consider this canon. I exclude that last line simply because I've seen no evidence in canon that Interface!Nagato has anything in the way of romantic feelings (though I may just not see it since I don't ship Interface!Nagato). But my nitpick aside, an amazing read from start to finish.
Sentinel07 chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Things getting really good.
Sentinel07 chapter 2 . 10/9/2012
Interesting conversation between the two. Good job.
Sentinel07 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Great start to the story here.
DemonRaily chapter 5 . 9/24/2012
The ending was both sweet and sad, and I loved the story as a whole.
AllenP3989 chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
The next chapter's the last for this story. I may do another story based on it in the future, and that one would probably not hold to canon. But that one would end up happier, I think.
DemonRaily chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
Would I take it that the next chapter is the last? Or are you doing an afterstory for the disappearence arc?
AllenP3989 chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
"Nagato has quite the sad fate in this story reserved for her, no? After all it will have the canon ending, yes?"
I'm afraid so. Part of the reason why I found the movie so compelling, though, was the element of tragedy at the end. I'm not saying people have to agree with me on that, but for me the movie would not have been as affecting if not for the sad parts of the ending. Though, while I'm a big fan of the movie, I really wanted to get more resolution on Yuki's side of the story. It's hinted at, but never really followed through on. I'm hoping that my ending to the story will complement the canon ending well without having to contradict it.
That said, I could see myself writing a future fic that diverges somewhat from canon, provided it was plausible without completely altering the characters. I might even use this story as a starting point for it if I like how it turns out.

"By the way, the mention of the stories Yuki tends to write about hersself and Kyon, reminds me of a spinoff manga, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan(also known as Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu)."
It always seemed to me like something Yuki might have written, and since the movie never tells us what files Yuki didn't want Kyon to see, I saw a golden opportunity to (perhaps not so subtly) insert a reference. I like the concept, but I feel like it changes Kyon's character a lot, and I'm a big fan of the Kyon and Yuki pairing because I like both characters the way they develop in the anime (even if Kyon can be an idiot a lot of the time).
DemonRaily chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
Nagato has quite the sad fate in this story reserved for her, no? After all it will have the canon ending, yes? That while makes me a bit sad(as I am a huge Yuki-chan fan) I understand that sometimes bad things must be done even to our favorite characters.

By the way, the mention of the stories Yuki tends to write about hersself and Kyon, reminds me of a spinoff manga, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan(also known as Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu). Quite nice slice of life spinoff that explores the "What if the disappearance world was the real world all along" scenario. If you did not read it than I suggest you do, it's quite nice.
DemonRaily chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
Déjà vu does not bother me at all, there is so little known about Nagato, both human and interface thinking proces that your interpretation is as good as any other.