Reviews for Silence in the Shadows
FrostyDew chapter 19 . 1/23
Oh, so THAT'S what the Soul King's power is good for. I take it back, the Soul King isn't so useless after all.
FrostyDew chapter 17 . 1/23
When the Soul King died and gave his power to Ichigo, my first thought was that Ichigo could use the power to change the ride... only to find that Ichigo can't really use it. That's rather... useless of the Soul King. He has immense power, only he can't use it and can only give the power. Unfortunately, the person that received the power of the Soul King will become the next Soul King. That is so frustratingly useless. I can already see the flaw in Ichigo's plan... giving the power to the head captain won't exactly work. Could Ichigo give a piece of his power, maybe?
Ogichi chapter 25 . 1/4
I was so freaking happy when Grimm talked again, but as the story progressed and the number of people he was cursing at increased, I had a hand slapped to my forehead while whispering "please shut the fuck up." Hahahaha

Great story! I loved the development that happened between the two of them and tbh, though this isn't romance and the fact that IchiHime sorta happened, some part of me was expecting them to kiss at the end with how Grimm became Ichigo's sort of rock throughout the whole thing. I kinda like the fact that they didn't though. Personally, I think it made the story more meaningful and beautiful.

Love plot, the characters, the forehead bump thing. I love everything! Thank you for writing this.
Midori no Kaori chapter 25 . 10/26/2015
I read this start to finish as well as some other of your fics. And i just want you to know that your stories are absolutely beautiful. Grimmjow is my fave character in bleach and i just absolutely love you way you weite him. It may not be exactly the same as bleach, but just the way you describe abd express the different emotions and breakdowns, is just wonderful. The other fics like numbers or recovery, although it expresses grimmjow a bit differently each time, i think each time its written so well to fit the story, as well as the interactions with other different characters. I read a lot if yaoi haha but this is jyst so refreshing! I feel like im seeing more of the real grimmjow than from the manga XD and of course, the story as well as the development and friendship between grimmjow and ichigo is just *sigh* im so in love with ur writing : 3 im absolutely eatatic to read more of your stories , and of course more of grimmjow hehe! Oh and note: ur endingd are awesome! Ive become a fan ;3 haha sorry for this wall of text! And ill make sure to review the other stories! Cuz i cant stop reading hehe!
firstsky chapter 25 . 7/21/2015
I'm at a loss for enough words...I can simply and happily say that this story was absolutely mesmerizing. 500 cheers of bravo to you for creating such a worthwhile roller coaster of emotions and adventure. I am so! in love with Grimm and Ichi's relationship in this, and I can't tell you how stellar of a job you did with the ending. While overall the plot and characters was so brilliantly executed and realistic I know it'll stick with me forever! You're a treasure Riza, thank you a million life times and more for this!
kenni-bun bun chapter 25 . 7/10/2015
My favorite quote is by far "watch me. I'm the fucking soul king" like for real. I really liked this story, even though a lot of people died. I still wanted grimmjow and ichigo to be together though. But, to me, it was kinda obvi there was something there between them. Not in a we're basically almost besties kind of way, but in a I love you kinda way. Cause Grimm was there the whole time, he was crying for ichi and still protected him when he was dead. Any of ichigo's friends wouldn't have gone that far.
JSML chapter 25 . 6/15/2015
That was an epic ending! I really like how you did the unique thing and thoroughly Ichigo and Grimmjow's relationship without it turning all smutty and romantic. I really hope that last look that passed between them wasn't a goodbye forever and was a mental note that they'd see each other again in the future.
It's been years since I've seen Bleach and have sought out anything in the fandom. I'm actually not really sure why I'm still reading the manga. Probably because of nostalgia, Grimmjow's return, the reveal of Ichigo's new powers and Urahara's bankai (hopefully). Anyway, your fic was a satisfying revisit to this 'verse.
xLonely Soldierx chapter 25 . 5/26/2015
Another brilliant work of art! This one had me just as captivated as Apocalypse had - maybe (dare I say it) even a little bit more. I started reading it and I litterally couldn't stop til I got to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end - the character development (especially Ichigo and Grimmjow's relationship :D), all the plot's twists and turns, that final battle...just ALL OF IT! I look forward to more Grimmjow/Ichigo adventures!
xLSx
Underwater Dreaming chapter 25 . 5/24/2015
Good story
BlackShadow1 chapter 25 . 3/14/2015
this was beautiful
MasqueradedMystery chapter 25 . 1/27/2015
GAAAAAAAH. I don't even know how to review this piece of beauty!

I think I stopped breathing around chapter 19.
Riza, you've drawn me back into the world of fanfiction and I can't thank you enough for sharing your efforts with the community. A lot of time and effort must have gone into this 25 chapter masterpiece and it definitely shows.

The story was perfectly paced in accordance with my tastes - not too slow that the story seemed to drag, and not too fast that details and necessary developments are amiss.

I tend to avoid tales laced with tragedy as I am of sensitive nature... but I was so compelled - I couldn't stop reading! Even in death, you still managed to create a beautiful atmosphere - eerily so, 'Silence in the Shadows' became more alluring.

You forced me on a rollercoaster of emotions. You've stopped my lungs from functioning and interfered with the rhythm of my heartbeat ... I'm so grateful. It has been a long time since a string of words could carry me on a journey so far that I lost myself to it.

Regarding your AN, I believe you'd make a wonderful author. Not only a skilled writer, your passion and dedication will serve you well in the future.

Take care of yourself.

Best of luck,
- MM
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 17 . 1/19/2015
Oh, poor things! Grimmjow's gotten real attached to this one...
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 2 . 1/18/2015
NO! Oh Renji, Byakuya... It's an amazing story but damnit! Seeing, or reading, about their deaths gets me every time...
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Ah! This story is incredible! The originality and imagination for the thought of Ichigo getting captured instead of killed by Ulquiorra, is just...wow. I can't wait to read the next chapters!
Bleach1112 chapter 24 . 10/5/2014
I love this story so much I kept reading it over and over this past year...this is one of the first stories I've read that I've wanted to make fanfiction about. Lol and it's a fanfiction its self. I love this story...I want grimmjow and Ichigo to see each other again.