Reviews for Silence in the Shadows
firstsky chapter 25 . 7/21
I'm at a loss for enough words...I can simply and happily say that this story was absolutely mesmerizing. 500 cheers of bravo to you for creating such a worthwhile roller coaster of emotions and adventure. I am so! in love with Grimm and Ichi's relationship in this, and I can't tell you how stellar of a job you did with the ending. While overall the plot and characters was so brilliantly executed and realistic I know it'll stick with me forever! You're a treasure Riza, thank you a million life times and more for this!
kennisha.james chapter 25 . 7/10
My favorite quote is by far "watch me. I'm the fucking soul king" like for real. I really liked this story, even though a lot of people died. I still wanted grimmjow and ichigo to be together though. But, to me, it was kinda obvi there was something there between them. Not in a we're basically almost besties kind of way, but in a I love you kinda way. Cause Grimm was there the whole time, he was crying for ichi and still protected him when he was dead. Any of ichigo's friends wouldn't have gone that far.
JSML chapter 25 . 6/15
That was an epic ending! I really like how you did the unique thing and thoroughly Ichigo and Grimmjow's relationship without it turning all smutty and romantic. I really hope that last look that passed between them wasn't a goodbye forever and was a mental note that they'd see each other again in the future.
It's been years since I've seen Bleach and have sought out anything in the fandom. I'm actually not really sure why I'm still reading the manga. Probably because of nostalgia, Grimmjow's return, the reveal of Ichigo's new powers and Urahara's bankai (hopefully). Anyway, your fic was a satisfying revisit to this 'verse.
xLonely Soldierx chapter 25 . 5/26
Another brilliant work of art! This one had me just as captivated as Apocalypse had - maybe (dare I say it) even a little bit more. I started reading it and I litterally couldn't stop til I got to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end - the character development (especially Ichigo and Grimmjow's relationship :D), all the plot's twists and turns, that final battle...just ALL OF IT! I look forward to more Grimmjow/Ichigo adventures!
Underwater Dreaming chapter 25 . 5/24
Good story
BlackShadow1 chapter 25 . 3/14
this was beautiful
MasqueradedMystery chapter 25 . 1/27
GAAAAAAAH. I don't even know how to review this piece of beauty!

I think I stopped breathing around chapter 19.
Riza, you've drawn me back into the world of fanfiction and I can't thank you enough for sharing your efforts with the community. A lot of time and effort must have gone into this 25 chapter masterpiece and it definitely shows.

The story was perfectly paced in accordance with my tastes - not too slow that the story seemed to drag, and not too fast that details and necessary developments are amiss.

I tend to avoid tales laced with tragedy as I am of sensitive nature... but I was so compelled - I couldn't stop reading! Even in death, you still managed to create a beautiful atmosphere - eerily so, 'Silence in the Shadows' became more alluring.

You forced me on a rollercoaster of emotions. You've stopped my lungs from functioning and interfered with the rhythm of my heartbeat ... I'm so grateful. It has been a long time since a string of words could carry me on a journey so far that I lost myself to it.

Regarding your AN, I believe you'd make a wonderful author. Not only a skilled writer, your passion and dedication will serve you well in the future.

Take care of yourself.

Best of luck,
- MM
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 17 . 1/19
Oh, poor things! Grimmjow's gotten real attached to this one...
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 2 . 1/18
NO! Oh Renji, Byakuya... It's an amazing story but damnit! Seeing, or reading, about their deaths gets me every time...
ShiroKuro OokamiRyu chapter 1 . 1/18
Ah! This story is incredible! The originality and imagination for the thought of Ichigo getting captured instead of killed by Ulquiorra, is I can't wait to read the next chapters!
Bleach1112 chapter 24 . 10/5/2014
I love this story so much I kept reading it over and over this past year...this is one of the first stories I've read that I've wanted to make fanfiction about. Lol and it's a fanfiction its self. I love this story...I want grimmjow and Ichigo to see each other again.
DRINKnotTHINK13 chapter 25 . 9/13/2014
I cried...( in about three to five chapter...)
I really like this story
d'ihshtri chapter 18 . 7/31/2014
Unusual point of view and imagination you have here. I like the realistic look at things and woven plot, though there was a need of change in pace at times. you were going at high speeds for way too long in some chapters, at slow speed without excitmement at the others. still originality kept it well glued. lot of angst in that journey, sometimes it lacked logic and improvisation on characters part, but overall, really good)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Archaic Tears chapter 25 . 7/15/2014
It took me 2 days to finish this because of constant interruptions! This was an epic read and the plot twists and dramatic craziness was awesome to behold. You did a fantastic job capturing each character's traits. Your writing was clear and vivid and kept me absolutely enthralled. It was hard at first to read because of the immense suffering Ichigo and Grimmjow were experiencing. At some points I had to get up and leave the room only to come back and reread the chapter because the emotions this story invoked within me caused me such despair and sadness. Ah, I love a good read...thank you...
Bleach1112 chapter 25 . 5/20/2014
Aww so he's never gonna see grimmjow again!? that was so good lol