Reviews for The Evolution of Seamus Finnigan
Alix the Alien Cyborg chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
this is amazing.
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
The funny thing is, as I read the books, I always felt like there was something going on between Seamus and Dean, but I could never figure out why. Now I can see it. There were so many actual moments (and potential moments) between them that actually happened in canon, but were so easy to miss because we were usually too focused on Horcruxes, Dementors, or what Snape was up to. Gosh, Harry and his damn problems were such a bleedin' distraction, weren't they? :p

Anywho, this was positively stunning. As someone who's not a visual person in the slightest, I'm always in awe of writers who can lace imagery and words together so effortlessly, and you did just that. Artist!Dean always tickles me pink, and I love the thought of Seamus more or less being his muse. Once I saw that you were labeling each individual drawing, I worried that it might become a bit jarring after a while, but each one flowed easily into the next. Perfect.

And you didn't have to worry about the tense thing. To be honest, I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. The fact that you kept saying had (“he /had/ said,” for example) instead of simply “he said” was what made the difference, in my opinion. That made it clear to me that Seamus was recalling a previous moment.

All in all, a wonderful piece, as always. Great work! Thanks so much for sharing it with us in the Showcase! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I feel like I just read a recap of their most defining moments together. Brilliant!
vii-de-grenier chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This piece is perfect. Thank you (:
faith in a heart of glass chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I absolutely love this story and take on things, though for me it's hard to picture Seamus being all affectionate. I like more of the Hogwarts style stories, but you made it believable. :) Well-done!
DeandSeamus chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This is gorgeous. I can just see this, too, all the moments while dean is sketching and brilliant. Story of a life, told through pictures described with words. It's incredible. Lovely idea and well done.
DeandSeamus
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Look who's so far in /everything/. Time to play catch up it would seem.

I still really love this piece. I didn't know if it was just a widely accepted version of Dean or if he really does draw. But either way, I really adore the fact that you described their lives together through drawing. And it's a unique way of looking at their relationship - through drawing. I haven't exactly seen that in fanfic yet.

And I still believe the shift between tenses was flawless and almost effortless and it just /works/. Even beta-ing, it didn't seem awkward in the least. It still flowed nicely.

Their characterization is still lovely. Just honestly, this piece has to be one of my favorites by you. So Imma favorite it. :D
ineverhadapony chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I can't stop smiling after reading this:)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Very much like this story then, in that it is amazing. Keep writing
Little-miss-laughs-alot chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Amazing... Just Amazing, Incredible, Beautiful. Thanks for writing!
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Okay, so this is amazing. Like, amazing.

I think you already know that artist!Dean is one of the greatest things ever in the history of fandom, and Deamus is pretty awesome, too, and this is...wow.

I lovelovelove each drawing and how you incorporated the highs and lows of their relationship through each perfectly chosen image. Your descriptions here are wonderful; I could practically /see/ the sketches!

The tense changes were effortless and perfect and I probably wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for your A/N because it was just so natural. That must have been confusing to write, so well done!

And finally, my dear SaM, I seem to recall someone telling me, long ago, that they usually disliked second person, that they were not a second person writer...

How far you've come ;)
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Wow! I really really liked this. I understood the tense changes perfectly and I thought it was amazing! :)
Abigail Thalia La Rue chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
This is beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
gagfsjr5jet2g3j This needs fanart!