Reviews for Protection Detail
Ghost chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
ahhhh gosh- I just can't stop myself from reading and rereading this wonderful fic. You really have a way with words, and every scene has been perfectly in character as well! This story is so chillingly wonderful, and I do hope you'll update or continue soon! Thank you!
shejams chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
That was AWESOME!
I just found this Tay and I couldn't stop reading. It was so intense and emotionally staggering.
What's going to happen next? Did they reach home? Is Cesar alright? This is not the end, is it?
Please, please, update. I need closure.
Trinity Stark chapter 8 . 8/20/2013
Good story, but the thing I'm wondering is will they get home or will it be another dimension?
SirenSounds97 chapter 8 . 7/12/2013
Oh my god. Just... Wow. That was probably the best story I have ever read on here. The dialogue was excellent and they never seemed out of character. It was just so original and awesome! Thank you so much for writing this! :D
Emil Lime chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
That chapter was intense! It was so goo I couldn't stop reading it until the end!

So here's my full review!

Alright, your characterization is spot on! Since this was the first GR fanfic that I've read, I must say that you've set the bar very, very high as far as proper characterization goes! I felt as if I were reading the script idea for a new episode of GR. Rex felt realistic and his reactions were perfect. The way you described his thoughts, especially regarding the various Caesars he encountered, with his unsettled yet caring reactions, and the the memory erasing, with the panic you wrote so well you had me trembling, was brilliant. Six was also perfectly written. You included enough dialogue that he was believable, walking that careful line one must walk when writing stoic characters. Too much talking and it's ooc, not enough and it's like they're not even there. I especially liked his interactions with Rex. You captured the father/son relationship beautifully! Especially where Six uses a gun to finish off 81, even though e doesn't use them. It shows that he isn't willing o leave Rex's side, even to use the weapon he'd prefer to use. His interactions with The Caesars were also good. You really captured the suspicion. And of course, last but not least, the Caesars. For the brief moments we see some of the other ones, you did a good job at making them different enough to e distinguishable. You captured the real Caesar well and, of course, you write crazy wonderfully. At the end of it all, I actually felt sorry for 81. He still deserved to die, but I couldn't help but feel that, had things been just a little different, he wouldn't have done what he did. So thank you for writing a villain that wasn't one-dimensional and boring. Like I said, your characterizations were great!

Your plot was fantastic as well. Though I haven't been exposed to very many GR stories, I still feel that this idea was very original. The concept worked out well and it wasn't diluted with a lot of outside drama. The small setting and the limited cast made for a concentrated storyline that was immersive and easy to follow.

The execution of your story telling was wonderful as well. Your pacing was great. There was just enough down time between major events to allow some processing to occur. I never felt that the story was rushed or that the plot was butchered because of pacing. It felt fluent and it had momentum, which is great! I also enjoyed the way you told the story. You're similes and metaphors were written well and appeared to be given a lot of thought! Also, you added details but didn't dwell on them. You'd give just enough explanation that the rooms, the sounds, the people and the situation wasn't confusing and then you allowed me to fill in the rest with my imagination! Not too much, not too little! That really made your story enjoyable!

Your story has been great so far, though I find myself wondering if its actually completed as it just doesn't say so (or it does as I'm as blind as 81). I can see chapter 8 being the end, where its left up to assumption on what happens with Caesar and such, but I can also see another chapter being out in to tie everything together. I suppose that's your call and whatever the call actually is, I'll accept it.

If this is the end, thank you for the wonderful story! If its not (which honestly I'm hoping its jot), I look forward to more!

Update soon!
Emil Lime chapter 7 . 6/25/2013
It's good that the real Caesar (finally figured out how to spell it!) is here, though I'm a bit skeptical of him considering how 81 turned. Either way, the plan sounds like a good idea, better than their first one :)

I only have one more chapter to go before I caught up!
Emil Lime chapter 6 . 6/25/2013
Damn...
...
And I actually felt sorry for Cesear when Rex and Six found him...now I just wanna punch him in the face. This chapter was fantastic! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I was uber surprised when Six and Rex found all of the dead Cesears! And I like how you don't give us the gory details and linger on it. It's a shock and we move on-to the next shock of course.

Brilliant pacing! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
Emil Lime chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
Well, that certainly isn't good. I hope Rex and Six are able to help out somehow. Though it is odd that neither of them or the Cesears have gotten sick...

I shall continue reading!
Emil Lime chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
A lot of strange things going on now. This story just keeps getting more and more interesting.

On to the next chapter!
Emil Lime chapter 3 . 6/25/2013
You've got some good little one liners in there that are just so very in character. They really make me smile. Running into serial killers :) anyway, a good chapter. It interesting to watch all of those Cesears interact with each other, and the fact that you have them set in a congressional sort of way, I believe, is most likely how they'd choose to do it instead f electing a leader.

Anyway, on to the next chapter!
Emil Lime chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
Another good chapter. I especially liked the line about all of the Caesars being the same height as Six, but he loomed over them anyway. It brought a smile to my face. I'm interested to learn more about what's going on to all of he different Rex's.

Time to keep reading!
Emil Lime chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Interesting start to your story. I shall continue to see what happens next!

Darkaina1987 chapter 8 . 6/14/2013
Your a genius, with Ceaser 81, too bad he died, cause I could see a seqeal, to this masterful fan-fic, or maybe an alternate chapter where 81 wins. and two possible seqeals, one where Providence searches for their missing Rex, meanwhile Rex lives with 81, but has disturbing dreams about Ceaser, while old memories, begin to emerge I'd also like to know more about 81's world. and why its so dangerous. the second one, would probably be Rex trying to regain the memories he lost next to 81, like i said before, this is an amazing fanfic I've really enjoyed reading it.
CG07 chapter 8 . 4/11/2013
Wow, this was a REALLY good chapter. I especially love the father/son moment between Rex and Six, I hope that there will be another moment like that!

I was a little surprised by Six's use of the gun. In Promises, Promises he had told Holiday that he never uses guns. Then again he did lose his memory and I'm pretty sure that promise was the last thing on his mind when Rex was in danger.

Anyways, I CAN'T wait to see what happens next!
storylover87 chapter 8 . 4/8/2013
I love your story, you really kept the characters personality. There aren't many generator rex Caesar and Rex family themed fanfiction. I always thought Casear as the type that choose his mind over his heart, but I never once thought him uncaring of Rex. Okay maybe a little.