Reviews for After All Was Said and Done
Rat chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
Great story, well written. I love Holmes worry and his inner war between logic and emotion. Poor Watson!
Ennui Enigma chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
A nice summation of this emotion versus logical brain work dilemma that Holmes faces. A follow up could be looking at how this weakness could also be a strength to Holmes. Every curse has a blessing; every blessing a curse. Glad to see Holmes realise the value of a true friend - more valuable than his love of bare logical brain work.
Some favourite lines;
Holmes hadn't realized how formidable his current demeanor was until the frightened Garrideb sisters greeted him by brandishing fire pokers at him as he stood at the door, demanding to know Watson's condition.

It's bad enough you overestimate your writing abilities; pray, don't start to do the same with your health, Watson!" - well, might not have made Watson chuckle, but I did :-)
bluespiritgal chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Awww...nice one piece! I love the way you write Sherlock
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
This is simply wonderful! I've only seen a few scenes from Granada's Mazarin Stone, so I was a little confused, but I love the last sentence. It is beautiful.

Thank you so much!
gilzgal chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Very satisfying end to Granada's episode. I think you've done a wonderful job showing what would have happened afterwards.
It really is too bad that Jeremy Brett was too ill film "The Mazarin Stone". I would have loved to see his reaction as Holmes to Watson being hurt.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
"The value of a friend" - yes, this is the perfect line to close this story on. Not only is it as heart-warming as our beloved "perfect reasoning and observing machine" can get, but it's well-told, and often funny. Exactly the scene I would have liked to see in the episode. I remember the "Three Garridebs" more than the Granada version, but this is worth digging it up on the net :o) Well done!
Revriley chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Ah, this idea is great. I remember that episode a bit murkily, but do remember feeling disappointed that Watson's injury wasn't expanded upon. Thanks for writing this, you followed Doyle's writing style quite nicely. The image of the tiny elderly sisters brandishing fire pokers was very amusing, by the way.
Arty Diane chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
That was so heartfelt and lovely. I liked your nod to the BBC series in that next life bit, that was great! I hope to see more of your fics here. :D
Pips Inkwell chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Very good :) You wrote both characters well, and I thought they were nicely in character. In reference to a previous review -(I'm wondering what incarnation of Sherlock Holmes they are basing their theories)- of course Holmes would admit to Watson being his friend! Watson is his only true friend and Holmes knows it, he readily admits it throughout the Canon, and as you rightly highlight in this oneshot, because of this he is most certainly the detective's greatest weakness. I also thought your use of a more comic wit was a good way of showing how Holmes was trying to deal with the situation. I really enjoyed the story and I hope you decide to write more for this fandom in the future :)
ImXDragon chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I loved this!
It was rather heart-warming, and there was only the *tiniest* bit of OOC coming from Holmes. But other than that, brilliantly written, and everyone is in character. Thanks for the good read!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I really enjoyed this. But, I didn't think Sherlock would admit to Watson being his friend, and his wit seemed a bit more comical than sharp.