Reviews for A Clashing of Ways
shadow chapter 12 . 7/5
I liked the chapter!
CReaper210 chapter 13 . 2/11
Great story. Just finished all current chapters. Too bad it is left unfinished.

Too many good stories are left unfinished... :(
greatwork chapter 7 . 2/3
This was a pretty good diplomatic meeting between the two species
A shame that this story is abandoned, it was great!
Camolot the Creator chapter 8 . 1/26
I don't really think there's any real need to force balance between the Halo and ME universes: the UNSC alone is so far and beyond that it would take quite a bit to pull it off. Not to mention that I don't really see the need for it: it's not like the USA is going to start invading Citadel space anytime soon. I doubt they'd be interested in another war after the Human-Covenant one, and neither Humanity nor any of the ex-Covenant races have any real desperate need for anything the Citadel Council has. Sure, they might be interested in technology and unique resources, but they're hardly going to just up and start a war over it.

That said, if it did come down to a fight, the USA would walk all over the Citadel Council. Sorry, but Halo just builds its ships bigger, tougher and with sharper fangs than anything any of the Citadel races are capable of constructing.

Random musings: perhaps the Protheans discovered the Halo rings and re-tooled them to work against the Reapers? Perhaps the Protheans all-but sacrificed themselves attempting to drive the Reapers off? Originally, I was going to suggest that the Protheans and Forerunners knew of each other, but the Forerunners fled the galaxy and activated the Halo rings 100,000 years ago, while the Protheans disappeared 50,000 years ago. I dunno, just some things I wanted to throw out there.
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 13 . 12/21/2016
Well the teaser was released in 2014 and is about to be 2017, so I guess it's not coming anymore...

Shame really, great fanfic
Camolot the Creator chapter 9 . 11/25/2016
Ah, a Lady Hawk reference. Good to see that SOMEONE other than me remembers that movie.
Camolot the Creator chapter 1 . 11/25/2016
Er, question. How did a UNSC vessel utilize the Relay without a proper supply of eezo or any sort of engines? Is the slipspace drive similar enough to Mass Effect technologies that it was capable of performing as a stand-in?
Jfitzgerald chapter 13 . 8/17/2016
Please update again soon. Thanks.
Nipplegunz chapter 13 . 7/29/2016
Is there going to be another chapter?
GalactaIsBest chapter 13 . 5/11/2016
Shame this died
Ghrathryn chapter 3 . 3/25/2016
Upon reviewing the specs for the MAC guns I found them a little ridiculous, but not for the reasons your thinking. According to canon, a Frigate fires a 600 ton slug. Let me repeat that, a 600 ton slug. That has to at least be a quarter of the ships mass let alone its size, and somehow they carry multiple rounds on their frigates and still maneuver through the atmosphere. So, I scaled it down to 5 tons fired at 3,600 km/s. If my math is correct it will still have the same force as the canon MAC guns.

I've quoted the bit above to talk about it. Having a look on the Halo Nation wikia, the information there says the humans of the UNSC can use 9.1m long depleted uranium for their MAC guns. Depleted uranium has a mass of 19,050 kilograms per metre cubed, presuming the penetrator portion of the 'bullet' is only around 0.5m across, the core alone can weigh in at 104,775kg or 104 tonnes. A 1.5m wide penetrator of depleted uranium is in excess of 940 tonnes. Tungsten is the other common penetrator in armour piercing rounds and that's actually 19,600kg/m3 making it heavier. Granted if they tried iron (7,300kg/m3) the penetrator would be much lighter, probably around 40 tonnes.

Most likely they UNSC use either tungsten or depleted uranium cores/penetrators shelled in iron or steel for magnetism so you're looking around 240 tonnes for a 1.5m wide slug, depending on the width, that might be underestimating, but it's certainly possible for the rounds to weigh 600 tonnes or more.

Also, with regards to space craft masses, the Pillar of Autumn is pretty much a brick of around 170,647,488 cubic metres (1,171mx352mx414m), the hull armour is 2m thick titanium (4,500kg/m3), if the rest is similarly built, you're looking around 767,913,696,000kg for a solid block, presumably it's more likely about 1-10% that is actually metal hull, the rest is other stuff, including passageways, so the hull alone is likely around 7,679,136,960kg for the hull, roughly, that's still in excess of 7.6 megatonnes for the hull, presuming it's pure titanium of course that's without ammo, drives, life support, power, etc, etc.
somdudewilson chapter 13 . 3/23/2016
I wish all these good ME fanfics weren't dead.
The Mexican Taco Overlord chapter 7 . 12/8/2015
You wonder what "USA" means little Asari! It means 'Murica! Mother Fucker!
A Reader chapter 10 . 11/22/2015
With out going and finding the review that you answered in this chapter I don't know what it said exactly but I can figure it out I wanted to point out one thing Japan and America where not in a 27 year long genocidal War compared to the great war of Halo it was only a minor skirmish not only that but both sides had known each other before the war which would make it easier to get along.