Reviews for Can't Quite Understand
serenityselena chapter 26 . 4/20/2014
awesome story :)
winchesterxgirl chapter 14 . 3/7/2014
I think my favorite line in this was when Draco snapped at Bruce and Harry told him not to fuck with him. Brilliant.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Okay I'm gonna have to stop right here and this is only chapter 1. You create an Original character who is a witch. I have no problem with that. Then you throw that OC into into the middle of the battle of New York. Again no real problem with that. THEN you have her more or less team up with the Avengers who don't bat an eye and just accept her...okay, stop right there. I have a HUGE problem with that. One, I don't care one iota for your OC. Usually they're badly written self inserts to live out (insert) fantasy. I haven't read further to find out if that is the case. And to be honest I really can't be bothered. The main problem is your set up. You create an original character, give us very few details or background info on her, do not flesh her out in any meaningful way. Throw her into a highly improbable scenario, and then have her stand with Earths Mightiest Heroes as an equal when she is anything but in our eyes. All in chapter 1. And you expect me to take this seriously!? Yeah...no.

As a rule I generally despise OCs. They're usually poorly disguised self insert Marty/ Mary Sues living out some mastabatory fantasy as everyone else bows to their superiority. I have stumbled across SO MANY of those that it's made me jaded. Whether your story is going the same route is up for debate. Her family name is Black so we can infer at least some kind of familial relationship with the Black Family and by extension Harry Potter. And that makes me wary.

So all in this story isn't off to a great start. I would suggest fleshing out your character before throwing her into the lions den. The simple ability to connect with the main OC is critical to successfully pulling off a story like this. You don't need to give us her entire life story, but just some basic background info and personality traits and failings. It goes a long way in establishing a character as 'human' and not a stu. I apologize if I come off as harsh but truthfully this is far kinder than some of the criticisms I've received over the years, so just shake it off and make some corrections. Trust me this is by no means the worse crossover of this genre, but neither is it the best either.
CupKatyCakes chapter 26 . 8/24/2013
Please update!
Guest chapter 26 . 6/17/2013
"Are you and Captain done copulating?" Oh that's a good line right there. Hurry up writing woman.
Guest chapter 15 . 6/17/2013
That P.S is very right he is a very, very handsome man.
Reishin Amara chapter 26 . 5/4/2013
looking forward to more.
shugokage chapter 26 . 2/11/2013
Nice chapter and good job on the proposal!
twilightjazz chapter 26 . 2/8/2013
i love this story please update soon
VERA VIV chapter 26 . 2/8/2013
Haha. Loved this update! Very romantic and sweet with a little bit of humor at the end. :)
In Defilade chapter 26 . 2/8/2013
Hey T.,

Great chapter as usual. And Clint's a perv, which is a tad unfair, but funny as hell.

Coming back to reading this story made me think of naming a character Dayne in my ongoing story, so this is me asking if I can? I frankly doubt you'd have a problem with it (copyright mantra, we don't own anything, yada, yada) but I always ask first for that kind of thing!

Rob
Ray Star Hinamori chapter 25 . 12/7/2012
This is really great! Update soon!
Guest chapter 25 . 12/5/2012
Oh my I've just sat here and read this in one and I LOVE IT and this is where you leave me ? XD
Ekkk its so adorable, just the right amount of fluff. And everything is just fab!
I think you handled the rape issue well, sometimes I feel like some writers on here use it as conflict and don't give it the right attention such things deserve but I think you dealt with it effectively, making it an important thing that wouldn't be just forgotten but it's also not too dark so that it changes the whole story.
Looking forward to your next update, I know I'll be wondering around now and sitting in lectures thinking about what will happen next. :) Thank you
IQvibe chapter 25 . 11/30/2012
Saw tht coming
shugokage chapter 25 . 11/29/2012
Beautiful chapter I do hope she says yes!