Reviews for Traveling Soldier
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
tears for Eliot
SongBirdie chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
You've done a fantastic job with this story. I can see this happening, all of it. And it makes me angry at Willie, because he meant well, but he didn't have the right to decide his daughter's life for her, but at the same time I understand why he did it, you made him very relatable. I’m also upset with Elliot for not telling Aimee the truth, and not fighting for Aimee right then, when it might have made a difference.

I read this and I just see so many could haves beens, how one well intended action broke up two people in love, ruined a marriage before it began, and forced lies to be kept by and because of a man who choose the wrong way to help his daughter. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and maybe Elliot and Aimee wouldn't have lasted anyway, but I wish it hadn't ended like this, with secrets, lies and torn loyalties.

Amazing job, it certainly drew me in. Keep up the great work. :D
Jesco123 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I can actually see Willy do that - to protect his daughter. And as Eliot, I can't really blame him. Well, maybe a little. But still, I want to be angry with her, for not trusting him, for not realizing there must be another reason.

Most of all though? My heart breaks for Eliot. Not for losing her, but for losing his connection with what he saw as home, because now there's nothing left that grounds him, that keeps from spiraling down when bad things happen. *sniffels*

Beautifully written as always though :D.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
That was very well done and brought me to tears. *sniffles*

I really liked that you wrote it from either perspective, Eliot's and Willie's. And while my heart breaks for the previously happy couple, same as Eliot Spencer, I can see why Willie did what he did and how it was love for his daughter rather than distrust in his almost son-in-law that drove him.

Also, to my mind, the scenario is plausible. Willie struck me as the kind of man who would have pulled something like this to protect Aimee. And in return, knowing the family for so long already, deep down, Eliot would have understood and forgiven his all but father-in-law.

I really liked the final scene between the two men. The young man's snidy remark about Willie always receiving his letters was fabulous and SO Eliot! In the same regard I thought Willie's calling Eliot his son upon leaving and trying to make amends was very much in character from what little we learnt about the man in the episode.
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
That was so heartbreakingly bittersweet. I loved the title of soldier that Eliot carried through and that last line. That was horrendously heartwrenching.
Fantastic job.
irma66 chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Oh...my heart is broken. How are you doing this? So bittersweet and fabulous.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Oh Eliot...

Well, at least now we know Croatia has Willie to thank. Yeesh.

Darn it, now I'm gonn have to go find something sweet to read to keep myself from crying...
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Loved this.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
So I would completely believe this fitting into cannon.
zippy zany chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
this needs another chapter where Aimee get hold of the letters - I don't want them to get back together but have closure. If you don't mind writing that - please please please...
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012