Reviews for The Best
Elemental Queen chapter 15 . 1/15
Awesome story, looking forward to more. :)
Princess Unikitty chapter 15 . 10/13/2013
looks great so far.
Waffleface chapter 15 . 2/20/2013
Really, not much to say. Exemplary work, and though I don't care for the love-hate relationship with Samus and the Chozo, I can understand why you might write that in given how they kind of abandoned her. Please keep up your steady stream of updates.
LN0 chapter 15 . 1/22/2013
Great chapter!
DrkVrtx chapter 15 . 1/22/2013
I really enjoyed this chapter; it provides for a fascinating look into way one thinks about morality and what kind of part it plays in this world you've created. The experience of the pilot was particularly profound, personally. Funny how much a bit of dialogue can reveal about the world and the people that inhabit it.
Troy chapter 14 . 12/28/2012
You have a lot of talent as a writer, I just finished reading your fics (The Best, Progeny, Wrecked, The Legend of Samus and Pirate Scum) and I loved them all and can't wait to see more of your work. Truly writing of this standard is rare on
DrkVrtx chapter 14 . 12/12/2012
Interesting to see Samus' interaction with the Chozo; her manner towards them is understandable considering what their efforts ultimately caused for her and her life as a whole. The bitterness is very vivid in her tone, even towards her surrogate father. On another note, I did remember it right; Old Bird does call Samus 'Hatchling'...wonder if we'll find what nickname Samus had etched into her suit.

Is it right that I'm immediately suspicious about the Pirates' method of resurrection? They seemed very intent on putting it across to Samus that they would act where the Chozo would not. Will be interesting to see how this alliance of sorts plays out, though for the time being my money is still on the Chiro sweeping the floor with everyone and everything.
AprilR chapter 14 . 12/11/2012
You have lovely writing, hope you update again soon.
LN0 chapter 14 . 12/10/2012
Yay! An update, this is officially now my favourite fic on

Thank you so much for your efforts!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/28/2012
It's great that you still have the passion to provide...sustenance in the form of these stories. I recently felt a longing to have Metroid in my life again, but there still isn't even a real hint of any plans on the Wii U. I know it'll happen eventually, but it's impossible to even say right now if we'll get what we want.

But these stories...these are enough to keep me satisfied. More than enough, I suppose, considering the quality. Though I don't necessarily share the same ideas as you, the universes you flesh out are interesting and lend each work something unique.
HyrulianJedi chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Holy hell...

Someone linked to another one of your stories on LUE, and while glancing at your stuff, the summary caught my eye. It made my curiosity twitch, bringing up faint memories of an old Metroid fic I read way back, with a unique take on Samus and a highly detailed universe, but it was taken down.

Imagine my surprise when I realized they were one and the same.

And that it had been finished! I have vague memories of Samus ruthlessly throwing hundreds of Space Pirates at a Torizo, but I apparently missed any further updates before it was removed. I unfortunately don't have the time to actually read it at the moment, but I just thought I'd let you know you've got another highly interested reader once I do.
Gabrielus Prime chapter 12 . 11/22/2012
"After he'd gone, the servants came in and found the doors of the upper room locked. They said to one another, 'Oh, he's probably relieving himself in the back room,'"

Was that segment of the story based on the biblical story of that King who was killed and found in much the same manner?
AprilR chapter 12 . 11/13/2012
I really love this fic and your other metroid fics. Keep writing!
DrkVrtx chapter 11 . 11/13/2012
Wow. Would it be possible to compile these 'Histories' as a separate, standalone piece once this story has reached its end? The level and attention to detail is fantastic and your take on the lore very intriguing.

I was smiling the whole time Arthur Lee recounts his meeting with Ridley; imagining the fierce, bloodthirsty beast sitting down for a spot of historical discussion seems almost absurd, but it works nevertheless. I also like the idea of him acting as an interpreter for Kraid/Mother Brain and the little light that is shed on the dynamic of the 'Big Three'.

I had initially thought the Chiro were an offshoot of the Chozo, but it appears to be the other way around. I liked that brief look into their religious ideals, and the description of their activities up until they settled on Zebes and ended up falling into civil war only makes me wonder all the more what on earth Samus is going to have to do to fight them.
LN0 chapter 12 . 11/12/2012
Great chapter, I can tell how much effort you put into your worlds