Reviews for The Trainee With A Motive
martian2011210 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Great E! story you got there and real soon i'll be doing mine!
BlueF250 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Having written my first online fanfic ever recently I just want to say write for yourself and have it tell a story ! Dont worry about reviews because it is just one persons opinion. Since I have witnessed these bullying tactics some people
have been using I almost always sent the author a pm instead of a review because i think its nice to talk to the author one on one and if I had a concern about the story I give the author a chance to explain the concern instead of accusing the of somekind of wrong doing! We are all fans of the show here, so that puts us all on the same team so why is there so much hostility between each other? I hope evryone can get past the school yard behavior and enjoy the great stories that are on this sight!
Piscean6724 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Love this work of FICTION. You've done well with it and I commend you on it. Don't let a few negative comments get you down. I as well as many others on this site have experiences this form of cyber bullying and it makes me sick! They are ruining a fandom by making new authors afraid to post their stories. This series went off the air 33 years ago so the fact that there are so many who adore it enough to continue writing fanfic is amazing. There are only so many types of rescues available to write about plus the author has to use antiquated equipment and techniques. There will be similarities so don't fret about idiots who don't seem to realize it. Anyway, before I turn this into a "Johnny-type" rant, I'll close with these words: keep doing what you are doing because you have MANY supporter who will come to your rescue when this happens! Hang in there and keep writing!
kristleap chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I enjoyed the story. I am a big Starsky & Hutch fan so I appreciated the tie in. You protrayed their partnership perfectly. You could see and feel how much they cared for each other. I liked Johnny's resourcefulness with asking for the glass of water. Roy never gave up looking for him. It is a shame Derek had to be bad. If he had any sympaty or empathy for the patients and was not trying to get rich quick, he would have made a good paramedic. Thanks again for the story and looking forward to the next one.
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
And I'll back both Delirium Threemen and Rescue45 up against E51fan's insinuation that Rescue45 took DT's idea. I've read countless "wilderness survival and rescue" stories in tons of different fandoms, plus it's been used in tv and movies plenty of times, so it's not an unusual idea in the least. I did a read and compare between the two stories and guess what? There are absolutely NO similiarities at all between the two, even the alleged "outdoor survival" and "search" scenes that E51 was referring to were completely different from one another. Unfortunately, it's so-called "critics" (and I use that term VERY loosely) like E51Fan and a few others that seem h*llbent on trashing the writers on here and destroying this fandom, and you know what? I'm sick of it, too! I've only written a few pieces for the Emergency! realm, but I read on here quite a bit and it just disgusts me to see how discourteous and downright nasty some reviewers have gotten towards authors. They're not leaving constructive criticism for writers, they're engaging in attacks, and most of them are being cowardly by hiding behind anonymous names and not signed accounts so that the writer can't then respond to them. I guess they forget that on the receiving end of their nastiness is a living, breathing human being with feelings, just like theirs, and I wonder how they'd feel if someone turned the tables and attacked them? Not so great, I bet! And what is their goal behind such attacks, do they think we're all going to suddenly start writing stories to suit their narrowminded "ideas" of how fanfic should be written? We're all amateur authors on here and all we want to do is share our work with others who love the show just as much as we do. Isn't that the POINT of fanfiction? To share your stories and create new adventures for our favorite characters? Anyway Rescue45, don't let the comments get to you and make you stop writing, you have just as much right to share your work as anyone else does on here and if the "critics" don't like it, they can just go have intimate relations with themselves. (And they'd probably enjoy it, too!) ;)
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I'd like to put the kibosh on E51Fan's comment about part of the content of this story resembling what I believe to be my story. I have no issues or really found anything I could cry foul on. Lost in the middle of nowhere scenes/stories have been done numerous times, too numerous to count, in fact. If I had any issues I would have contacted Rescue51 by PM about it, which is what E51Fan should have done instead of making an insinuation in a review. I can only speak for myself, not Rescue51, but I resent a comment that has the potential to pit one writer against another without any real justification.

Frankly I'm getting sick of all the BS on this site. Sure, there's some writers who are guilty of pulling nonsense and there are also some reviewers that like to stir the pot, but its getting ridiculous around here.
jeanne chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Good story. I can see how that could happen. Good combination of drama and humor. Keep writing.
E51Fan chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
You realize this storyline has been done before, right? There's several stories that exist out there where a trainee takes the job as a paramedic for whatever reason and harms Johnny. It's a bit of a stretch to think someone would actually go through the ordeal of taking firefighting classes in order to become a firefighter, then paramedic classes to become a paramedic, all so they could steal drugs from the hospital. The story reads pretty flat and lifeless, too, there's not much to it to make it exciting or interesting, and the fact that it's pretty unoriginal just doesn't do anything for me. Plus you've made several logistical mistakes, like where Derek and Keith tie Johnny's hands to a water pipe, yet he's somehow magically able to reach and hold onto the glass of water they've left for him, then he breaks the glass and uses it to cut the rope. For a test, try doing that same thing yourself, tying your hands to a pipe, then try reaching for a glass of water and breaking the glass to sever the ropes. You'll see that it's nearly impossible. Strange that Roy also stays with Johnny instead of Johnny's wife, Aubrey, makes me wonder if there's some kinky hanky-panky going on between Johnny and Roy if Johnny's wife can't be bothered to stay with him, but Roy can. Gee, doesn't Roy's family ever miss him in fanfic world when he drops everything and ignores them so he can sit by Johnny's bedside and hold his hand? Joanne and the kids must be true saints for putting up with that.

I also have some qualms about the whole "missing/search" scenario, as it seems a bit odd that even though the police have no definite proof that Johnny was kidnapped, other than Roy's gut feeling, yet they immediately launch a full-scale search for him. It's doubtful that every available police officer would be put on the streets to look for him, that seems a waste of manpower, plus it's also doubtful that the fire chief would okay all personnel to also search for Johnny, because if he's kidnapped, it would make it a police matter and it seems risky to send unarmed firefighters out to look for him. I'm also pretty sure a 20-mile hike would not be bad enough to weaken Johnny to the point of collapse, especially considering how in shape he has to be to be a firefighter, and if he's also got access to water in a thermos to keep hydrated. In addition, the entire scenario of Johnny hiking through the wilderness after getting out of the restaurant, plus the idea of all of the firefighters and police officers looking for him, that sounds kind of similar to the Roy story on here where Roy goes missing after his truck crashes into a ravine and all the off-duty firefighters mobilize to begin searching for him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not laying any accusations out here, I'm just saying that it's strange that you put Johnny out in the wilderness when in reality, the kidnappers likely would've put him somewhere in town, like in an old warehouse or something, and all the firefighters mobilize to search for him like that.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Sorry but could not finish this story. I do admire anyone willing to "put them self out there" but in this case I found the writing to simplistic and pat. Maybe was the lack of "verb-age" but unreadable.
Rescue45 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I'm sorry I did not post that I had Sanybelievers permission to use her characters. I have used them in the past and just forgot to post that. She actually edits my stories for me.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I would like to apologize for and explain my last comment. I am not trying to "stir up" any trouble. I was only trying to help a new writerto show respect for other writer's creations. After reading the reviews that have already posted before mine, I now see one from sandybeliever. If there was a problem, I am sure it would have addressed there. Please do not let my unfounded comment keep you from continuing to write.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Are you sandybeliever using a new name? If not, you need to have permission to use the characters created in those stories written by sandybeliever (Aubrey and baby Delia) and make an author's note that you that you have permission to "borrow" them. It's proper fanfiction writing protocol. If you don't, then you need to create your own characters or at least come up with different names.
A Lee En chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
good story. Thanks for sharing it.
sandybeliever chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I love how you manage to combine your new found love of writing for Emergency and your penchant for crime drama - well done!
Master Tigeress chapter 1 . 9/21/2012