Reviews for The Riddle of Strider
RuneRuthie chapter 7 . 5h
I'm glad the broken (shoulder) blade will be mended!
This is probably entirely inappropriate, but I'm really amused by the fact that Aragon is still the youngest of all even when he is 71, which gives a good reason for him to be cared for and tended.
And yes, as a true hobbit, eating gets to do with everything. I like how Bilbo tired to take care of Elrond too.
Thanks for the great chapter as usual! And I really look forward to the next (last?) chapter!
attheturnofthetide chapter 6 . 1/18
I have never seen this relationship before and I am very intrigued. I love the idea of Bilbo and Aragorn meeting when Estel was young, and I love the idea of Bilbo relating to Elrond when it comes to (adopted?) sons. Please update! This is a fantastic story :D
Nic chapter 6 . 8/25/2017
Very much enjoyed reading this! Your characterization is excellent, especially Bilbo's, and I love the pacing of your current arc. Hopefully you'll have time to finish this at some point but I totally understand that life gets in the way even when we'd rather it didn't. Still, even if it remains a WIP this story is fantastic.
Elfinabottle chapter 6 . 3/30/2017
First of all, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I'm amazed you found the time or energy to write, but I'm very glad you did. This is a wonderful story, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like the way you write Elrond and your Bilbo is spot on.

This chapter contained plenty of hurt and I am looking forward to the comfort, whenever you get to it, especially now that Glorfindel has shown up. Thank you so much for continuing this.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 6 . 3/28/2017
aw great ch :)
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 3/28/2017
marmota-b chapter 6 . 3/28/2017
You know, I'd been contemplating a desire to read a nice Strider-centric story, and then bing, this was in my inbox this morning. So your unpredictable schedule has actually worked out towards a VERY pleasant treat for this one reader!
Okay, so it's more Bilbo-centric. Can't say I mind. :-) I really like that you worked the stone giants into it. And the rather sad little reminder of Bilbo's attachment to the ring... But especially the moments of light. :-)
wotumba1 chapter 6 . 3/28/2017
So somebody did cause the avalanche. ..
seems they will get to Rivendell, that's good news!
And the star des have some significance. ..
wotumba1 chapter 5 . 3/11/2017
great story so far! hope you will finish it some day
Elfinabottle chapter 5 . 8/24/2016
Don't know how I skipped reviewing this before. It's a great story. I loved all of the Bilbo/Aragorn interaction. Nice to think of a little hobbit saving a Dunedain Ranger and more than once!

I do have to wonder what Elrond was thinking going out after him alone though. Can't imagine that will make Glorfindel very happy with him.

I'm definitely looking forward to more.
CelandineGranger chapter 4 . 8/4/2016
Oh, you need to finish this story! I love these glimpses into Aragorn's past.
CelandineGranger chapter 3 . 8/3/2016
In LotR, you only catch small glimpses of Elrond's fatherly side in regards to Aragorn, so it is rather refreshing to see more of that. Makes his character a bit more down to earth and relatable.
CelandineGranger chapter 2 . 8/3/2016
I love how you portrayed both Bilbo's homey hobbit nature and his valiant side in this chapter. You nailed his character perfectly.
CelandineGranger chapter 1 . 8/3/2016
I really like this! I love all the not so subtle hints about Aragorn's future. You tied that all in well. Sweet chapter. :)
marmota-b chapter 4 . 11/8/2015
Oh, it ends here! Now I'll have to follow you. :P :D I really like your approach to Middle Earth. Being Czech, I suspect it has a little to do with your being Slovak, too. Many of the things you describe - like the wood of the pine tree having grown grey with the weather - are things I know. Not necessarily things I would have thought of describing myself, but things that make perfect sense when I see them described... It makes your Middle Earth very much my own.