Reviews for The Riddle of Strider
Elfinabottle chapter 6 . 3/30
First of all, congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I'm amazed you found the time or energy to write, but I'm very glad you did. This is a wonderful story, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like the way you write Elrond and your Bilbo is spot on.

This chapter contained plenty of hurt and I am looking forward to the comfort, whenever you get to it, especially now that Glorfindel has shown up. Thank you so much for continuing this.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 6 . 3/28
aw great ch :)
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 3/28
marmota-b chapter 6 . 3/28
You know, I'd been contemplating a desire to read a nice Strider-centric story, and then bing, this was in my inbox this morning. So your unpredictable schedule has actually worked out towards a VERY pleasant treat for this one reader!
Okay, so it's more Bilbo-centric. Can't say I mind. :-) I really like that you worked the stone giants into it. And the rather sad little reminder of Bilbo's attachment to the ring... But especially the moments of light. :-)
wotumba1 chapter 6 . 3/28
So somebody did cause the avalanche. ..
seems they will get to Rivendell, that's good news!
And the star des have some significance. ..
wotumba1 chapter 5 . 3/11
great story so far! hope you will finish it some day
Elfinabottle chapter 5 . 8/24/2016
Don't know how I skipped reviewing this before. It's a great story. I loved all of the Bilbo/Aragorn interaction. Nice to think of a little hobbit saving a Dunedain Ranger and more than once!

I do have to wonder what Elrond was thinking going out after him alone though. Can't imagine that will make Glorfindel very happy with him.

I'm definitely looking forward to more.
CelandineGranger chapter 4 . 8/4/2016
Oh, you need to finish this story! I love these glimpses into Aragorn's past.
CelandineGranger chapter 3 . 8/3/2016
In LotR, you only catch small glimpses of Elrond's fatherly side in regards to Aragorn, so it is rather refreshing to see more of that. Makes his character a bit more down to earth and relatable.
CelandineGranger chapter 2 . 8/3/2016
I love how you portrayed both Bilbo's homey hobbit nature and his valiant side in this chapter. You nailed his character perfectly.
CelandineGranger chapter 1 . 8/3/2016
I really like this! I love all the not so subtle hints about Aragorn's future. You tied that all in well. Sweet chapter. :)
marmota-b chapter 4 . 11/8/2015
Oh, it ends here! Now I'll have to follow you. :P :D I really like your approach to Middle Earth. Being Czech, I suspect it has a little to do with your being Slovak, too. Many of the things you describe - like the wood of the pine tree having grown grey with the weather - are things I know. Not necessarily things I would have thought of describing myself, but things that make perfect sense when I see them described... It makes your Middle Earth very much my own.
marmota-b chapter 2 . 11/8/2015
I like this chapter very much! I think I've read a somewhat similar version of their first (or first conscious) meeting before, and I like that approach, in an "approaching headcanon" way. I think this chapter has just become that headcanon!
I like the mutual loneliness that leads to finding a friend, Bilbo's confused old thoughts, his continuing abilities, his hobbit hospitality and his dwarven curses! "By Mahal's beard and Old Took's horse" is perfect.
SakuraFlutist chapter 4 . 3/10/2014
Beautifully written!
Jen Martin chapter 4 . 3/3/2014
I'm enjoying this very much! Please write more when you can.