Reviews for Poppies
Anime Borat chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I remember watching Tintin in my younger days and found this fanfic. Your story is a very dark twist to a series as lighthearted yet serious as the Adventures of Tintin. And I happen to like them. Poor Captain. I get his trauma from his heart-wrenching description of time in Belgium.

Overall, you did a good job.
cigarcandycanes chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
This is way too much for my feels. Bravo!
Tsuki-the-moon chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
AW
this story was so sweet and dark. bitter. I loved it :D
Marygold chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This was so well-written story! I especially liked how you described captain here, with his melancholia and irony and everything.

It was also quite interesting because I've read Les Adventures de Tintin since I was 6 years old and I've never thought that they are living in 'our' world and having 'our' wars and so on (because their Europe has so many countries that didn't really exist, for example).

But your realistic version was surprisingly acceptable for me! I surely will read your other stories too...
The Inner Titan chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Incredible. One of the deepest one-shots I have ever read. I can imagine the Captain telling that tale himself, and the story flowed well and seriously.
Bravo.
Pink-Pencil-Girl303 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Eeeee! This is the third story of yours that I've read in one setting and I'm disappointed there isn't more. This was great! So well-written. The Captain's frantic monologue waxed poetic... while this sense of urgency lurked underneath his words, like he was afraid something was going to stop him before he got it all out.
But my favourite part was Tintin's reflections on the imminent war. That could be a story all by itself (and if any Tintin FF writer was to tackle Tintin getting drafted, it should be you, by the way). That line; "No matter what, he'd do what he'd have to, for the Captain and for Belgium; his family and fatherland. In that order." For some reason, that just hits me. Wow. I am definitely staying tuned for more writing from you. :)
And I mean it about the Tintin getting drafted story. It would break my heart, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to read it.
Skeexikx chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Excellent story! I welcome you to the fold, you have a wonderful descriptive writing and great grasp of emotion.
Thanks for writing and posting, looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Jadey chapter 1 . 9/21/2012