Reviews for Stepping Out of the Shadows
diggzer chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Wow x)
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I absolutely love this piece. The writing is so lyrical and awesome, and I absolutely adore the way that you depict Andromeda. I love the ending line and how it connects with the title of the piece. This piece is really well written, and I wish that there was more of this so that I could better understand Andromeda. Other than that, though, well done.
Alicia Mirza chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Hey!
I really liked your story, I was interesting to read something from Andromeda's point of view.
I liked how she envied Sirius. I also found it very interesting that if she was a bit braver than she would have ended up in Ravenclaw.
The whole secret thing about Domeda/Ted was sweet and very sad at the same time. I liked how you have put it in your one-shot.
One tiny bit I didn't like that in my opinion she rushed the things a bit. I mean she was in Hogwarts for years, she was going out in secret with Ted and all she need is Sirius and she just decides that she isn't going to be like that anymore.
I hope I will be able to read more one-shots like this from you!

Alicia :)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I like how you write from Andromeda's perspective. Her jealousy of Sirius makes complete sense and I really like the way she compares herself to him. The fact that she didn't want to go against her family at first really shows that she belongs in Slytherin. I also like the mention of a friend other than Ted since relationships other than what were briefly mentioned in the books get overlooked. I really liked her determination to do something extreme at the end and ending it that way was very effective.
The only odd wording I saw was "...trying to force myself to not to think about how my favorite cousin has more bravery in his little finger than I have in my whole body." -which was a lovely line btw but "to not to think" reads awkwardly one of the "tos" doesn't need to be there. Overall, though, this was great! Nice job
Cookies-and-Ink chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This was fascinating, I often think about how much of a struggle it would have been for Andy to get the courage to go out with Ted. To use Sirius as a catalyst was really clever. A fantastic little insight into her thoughts, very much enjoyed Aimz. Kind of inspired a story I think, might have to hash it out but I'll let you know.

Abs x