Reviews for Rookie Wizard
Kind of confused about this chapter and can't help but see it as all the bad things Harry avoided by willpower and Willpower getting accepted by someone who isn't as strong-willed or experienced as he is. Seems like he would have pounded the point of avoiding Fae and Evil Coins into her head before letting her out of his sight. You know, like covering most of the Big Bad Things that you should look out for as a person of Power. Just my thoughts on him getting an apprentice but this is earlier in the series than he did originally so I can see how he might not have been as jaded and suspicious. This story is definitely making me want to read something with the more bad-ass late Harry Dresden because seeing some of the things that went on here was like watching a horror movie and yelling at the actors to not do something that is common sense to avoid doing. Hard to shake that feeling. After getting all that off my chest, I would say that is definitely a pretty good read as far as writing and story telling go. Going to scratch my Dresden action itch again.
Balthanon chapter 2 . 1/1
Somehow missed the second chapter of this when I reviewed the last chapter, but it was definitely worth a second review. I liked this one a lot overall and hope you get a chance to write a sequel at some point.

There are definitely some interesting questions to answer between this and the last chapter too, for instance what deal Lasciel and Willow came to.
Balthanon chapter 1 . 1/1
This was an interesting story- fairly self contained, but it still has a lot of open threads to continue even without the bombshell at the end. The writing was well done and I enjoyed your take on the Slayer in Dresdenverse. Looking forward to seeing more of it when you get to it,
Nuclear Catastrophe chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I enjoyed this story. It's been quite a while since I've seen Buffy, but Willow's characterization seems decent. II enjoyed the first chapter that included some Dresden interaction a bit more than the second, but both were pretty fun to read.

The only complaint I had reading this is that the timeskip between chapters isn't explained very well. I'm still not sure exactly what Dresden is doing during the second chapter. Willow still has access to his apartment, so I assume he's still mentoring her, but we don't see him at all. Anyway, that's a minor complaint.

Again, good story overall!
John D chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
First Read, of first chapter. Like it, but am not sure if your "Willow" has the same feel as show. She left home, with just a note? Willow, especially pre-Oz and Pre-UberMagic Willow might not do that, realistically.
Any way, good start, and I continue on to read more. Keep it up. Its nice to read great BTVS/DF crossovers.
BTW, my fav is Higher Steaks, by WildPaladin and I can recommend it.
SixPerfections chapter 2 . 8/22/2013
That was really pretty awesome. I kept thinking though- where was Harry during all this?! Though I guess its good and neccesary for Willow to get out on her own and stuff.

I think I see why you did the Lashiel thing.. both to make Willow slide to her 'evil' persona at least partway and she makes a great bantering partner/guide for the still green Wizard Willow. I think its funny how Willow is horning out over every chick she runs across lol but its done well and doesnt feel at all forced or tactless or anything. :)

The gentemen was a nice little unexpected cameo. Sanya showing up was cool, though damn WIllow... keeping the coin around her neck? Dumb as rocks move right there. I would like to see next chapter Sanya calling up Harry and telling him about Willow's little 'friend' that she's been keeping around her neck. That would be an interesting conversation, especially since I suspect Willow would be too stubburn to give it up without a fight.

I gotta say your version of Willow is pretty bad ass. This is a great story and the premise works so well, really well. I'm fairly (very) impressed and I read a LOT of fanfiction hehe.

I totally hope you update soon. There is so much potential here. Is Willow going to stay in Sunnydale now? I kinda hope she goes back to Chicago because seeing her navigating the Dresden world is such a trip. But since she's got her own fallen magic tutor and she's still in love with buffy i'm guessing she might stay in Sunnydale, at least until something else pulls her away.

The magic is great, characterization is great.. and buffy thinking willow is a slutty alt dimension girl was pretty halarious :). Will keep a lookout for more updates! Great stuff! :D ) :)
SixPerfections chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Wow. Just wow. This was an epic first chapter. It was so long, not that I'm complaining mind you. Having Willow as Harry's apprentice is a fantastic idea. And I love how you portray Willow in all her innocent early years. Your Harry is also very good and generally on the money when compared to the book series.

That thing at the end with Lash totally was a curveball. Never saw it coming and it was a kind of 'omg wtf moment'. I almost wish you hadn't done that so that Willow could keep being mostly innocent and white as driven snow for a while longer. It's really sweet to see her like that. But in the dirty world of Slayers and Wizards messed up things have to happen to her sooner or later right? man.

This is a fantastic series/story so far IMHO. Black court, magic slinging, a big Buffy cameo, it was all fantastic reading. Love it! Please update soon! :)
neveraworsename chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
Definitely like the take you decided on with this story. Willow's stayed pretty true to form - although there are dashes of Harry, being her teacher and all - and the plot and pacing were excellent. The Gentlemen were scary enough villains, which I know you worried about, and your descriptions were nice.
Vondrakenhof chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
Interesting chapter. Combining the episode Hush with a scheming Winter Lady, inspired choice and we all know that Maeve had another agenda here. It's never that simple with the Fae. This was pretty good, but where was Harry? Surely there had to be a reason why he wasn't there?

Keep up the good work!
Oculus Lupus chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Nice, dude. Looking forward to more. She picked up the coin, then? Smart girl, eh?
CommChatter chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Interesting. I like it
Bellum chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Sheesh. Now I have to follow you and see if you make a sequel. :)
Proponent of EVO chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Oh, crap.

I love this so much I want to get it pregnant. I want more of thiiiiiiiiisssss.
Warlord1096 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
First off, you definitely write well. Your words have a flow to them, and have just the right mix of seriousness, snarkiness and plain fun in them (I refer to the boob in palm part here).

You also have a flair for comparisons - "licking a battery" has to be the most original thing I've read in a while!

Also, impeccable grammar, thumbs up for that. Major, major thumbs up.

Finally, despite an extremely long chapter, you manage to hold my interest admirably. A bit wobbly with the POVs near the end, but great job!

Overall, a great piece of work. A good read.

LaserWraith chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Pretty good...didn't care for the little Republican reference though. Lol.