Reviews for The Devil You Know
FiascoWay chapter 41 . 2/10
This story was really enjoyable, and you really nailed Lisbon's snarky one liners. The story tag about the cat who stayed after being fed was truly inspired!
Teera chapter 21 . 2/6
Good story so far.
I like the way you seem to insert the word "green" so smartly in each and every one of your chapters (w)
Lizline chapter 41 . 11/12/2014
It's such a good story, I keep reading it over and over again. :)
MichaellaD chapter 41 . 10/29/2014
My Dad has worn wool socks literally his entire life, summer and winter. The hair has worn off his legs as a result to a point about six inches above his ankle. I'm kind of glad to know that there are other men with hairless patches on their legs.
MichaellaD chapter 21 . 10/29/2014
I'm 19 years old and I've never heard of La Perla or a Red Box either. What's my excuse?
MichaellaD chapter 15 . 10/29/2014
"They make them take an evil test when they're being vetted for office."
So Jane-like.
MichaellaD chapter 12 . 10/29/2014
"Teresa beating him to death with a shampoo bottle. Less sexy."
Hilarious!
MichaellaD chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
I really like this description of Jane and Angela's relationship!
et voila 1312 chapter 41 . 10/20/2014
mlee, I really liked this story; the premise, the pace, the action, everything. I've already reviewed the chapters leading up, so you have my previous comments (But I reread the whole thing to remember the high points).
I hate to say it, but I was disappointed with this last chap: it felt rushed, pushed through, like you were eager to finish it and move on (which you might have been). I felt like there was stuff left out: she doesn't decide right then to marry him, just says 'we'll see' (which is the classic parents' brush off), or say okay to them having a baby (tho she did go off birth control, guess we're to assume she does event. get pregnant). Does her family accept him (as member of their family)?
I was charmed by your "trick" with the ring; we're supposed to think it's an engag ring, but is in fact *his* ring, now engraved with *their* names, for her to wear around her neck. Different, but it works (and yes, it's practical;)). I guess the case with the dead fireman was the push for her to face/overcome her fears/insec about her father, and in turn, Patrick.
Not used to seeing Jane *begging*!
This was an excellent story, truly, I just thought the ending came too soon, was a little incomplete. (And I was surprised to see the accompanying pic had changed, was so used to seeing the flower:( )
buddyfox0gmail chapter 16 . 10/13/2014
I love the remark...and then he says those five dreaded words. The banter between Liabon and Jane is perfect. You sure you're not Heller?
juliasusino chapter 41 . 8/31/2014
ohhhh! Love It

follow the story is amazin i promise!

Love It
storyweaver60 chapter 41 . 6/27/2014
I really enjoyed it. Keep writing.
TamaraLDBrennan chapter 41 . 6/26/2014
Thanks for killing me with feels! Loved this from start to end!
TamaraLDBrennan chapter 5 . 6/26/2014
Are you trying to kill me with feels?
UniqueStreak chapter 41 . 6/7/2014
Clicked on the story, started reading...didn't look up from my computer for hours. Incredible story. I absolutely loved how you created Jane's ring as a testament to "Angela and Patrick" and "Lisbon and Jane." To me they will always be Jane and Lisbon, not Patrick and Teresa.

Also, Jane's dealing with his wife's death was perfectly handled; especially in the lines that said that Angela loved him for who he was and Teresa made him a better man. Lisbon's love humbled him and healed him, and the ending was sweet and tender.

Just how Jisbon should be.
Just. Wow.