Reviews for Chinese Boxes
Zexs chapter 19 . 11/14/2013
And here comes the traumatic flashbacks
ayac06 chapter 24 . 10/23/2013
I love *everything* about this story. I love how Bruce can't walk away when people's lives are in danger, rendering the whole "he abandoned crime-fighting" argument post-TDKR moot. I love how Bruce drags Selina into the whole crime-fighting thing. I love all the gadgets. I love how Bruce now has an older brother figure who busts his balls. (That's the best part about siblings!) I love how Bruce makes her work for the ring, haha.

And of course, I love how Selina tells Bruce, "If what I have to do is save you from yourself, that's what I'll be doing from now on and nothing you say will stop me." The words of true love. :) The man is too busy taking care of other people, that he forgets he deserves to have people taking care of him! I love it all. :D
StuckInSouthstairs chapter 25 . 6/12/2013
awwwwn that was the best batcat marriage proposal EVER! so creative and appreciative of her skills! yaaay!

though i did hate bruce for leaving her alone in the hospital while she was awake, letting her feel lonely and rejected after she saved his life (and everyone elses but he surely knew she only did it for him!) ..ptsd or not..he shouldve been there for her..just imagine waking up in a hospital all alone after an ordeal like that..knowing that no one bothered to come watch over u..that u were basically just dumped into the doctors nd nurses' hands..and then having him be all cold and distant when he finally did show up..he shouldve thought about how much that would hurt her and make her feel insecure of his love for her..she didnt deserve that and i feel sorry for her that he put her thru it..oh well, im glad they worked it out in the end though..and so the story is over..but did theo never find her will on her phone when he had to use it to call lucius to track the pearls? and did bruce never find out that in hong kong she was telling people she was a widow (aka that even back then she was already so much in love with him that she considered herself to be his widow when she thought he was dead) ? im gonna start reading the sequel now..
bitchfaceruinedbella chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I read - and loved - this in about two days. And I saw that you have started a sequel on AO3, so I'm going to head over shortly to start it. Thanks for sharing. This may become my new head canon for them, honestly. Great, great job!
Electricboa chapter 24 . 11/25/2012
Quite the detail-intensive story. I loved how you went into the tech more, much like they did in the movies, and genuinely did a remarkable job at researching it all. It was a little odd to see them in action without their masked personas, but it did offer a pretty unique take on everything. Very nicely written, and the way Bruce gives her the ring at the end was ingenious.
C. S. Tolkien chapter 23 . 11/17/2012
And I forget to say that I dont like angst, never the less I like dark storys and dark heroes, and Nolan do the two things that I like more, and like the dark and very edgy storys, and good plots.

TDKR isnt as good as TDK, never the less, I really liked, and I liked the twist in the end, never the less I have hear of the end, that Bruce have a happy ending, the end was totally unexpected, I was feeling sadness expecting that he was really going to die...

But suprise, he fake his own dead... because of that I was surprised... now the question is how Blake would be Batman without the kind of training that Bruce have...
C. S. Tolkien chapter 24 . 11/17/2012
I have to say that Nolan version of Selina is very different that I expected, I never liked the other version, they to wild and you cant trust them, you never known what were they intensions, but in this version is crystal clear.

And I like your twist, now Bruce is dedicated to the international espionage?
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
Holy hunks of ice, Batman! My second thought is color it green and it could double as Luthor's infamous kryptonite ring.

But hands down, that is the most unique way to pop the question in the history of popping the question. And it is so perfectly Bruce to make it that complicated. :D
jadey36 chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
Wonderful ending to this part of the story. I loved the multiple safes and the ring box inside. And this: "You're trying to make me jealous of a piece of hardware," he grumbles. lol!

Nice header, too.

I look forward to catching up with the third and final part.
GIA chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
and so it ends... one hell of a story! thx so much for posting!
led-doors chapter 24 . 10/30/2012
Thank you for writing this amazing story- it was super entertaining and the ending was perfect.
The ring really is something btw and I love your header!
I am already off reading the next one!
fuchsiamaroon chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
Hey Selina, remember this thought? "Apart from her strategic victory, being called his fidanzata, even as a deterrent to others, even if he will never actually propose and she does not expect him to, is quite flattering." - Awwww... Bruce proved her wrong and my fangirl heart is so happy for them!

No one proposes like Bruce Wayne does. Love, love, love it. Such a fitting proposal for the eccentric billionaire and the master jewel thief. What a fantastic ending.

Thank you so much for this wonderful story. It was fun, exciting, informative, sexy, and emotional. I'm looking forward to the next one as I know your kick-ass Bruce and Selina will never disappoint me.

ETA: Bruce getting jealous about a safe? Priceless.
abelard chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
I *love* Selina's ring and it is perfect for her and the way Bruce gives it to her (makes her work for it, HA!) is also perfect. I don't need any celebratory sex scenes since I think the "engagement" scene is so hilarious and awesome and the perfect ending. Thank you for giving us this thrilling and wonderful version of these two amazing characters.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 23 . 10/29/2012
"Tell them I'm a royal pain, completely reckless, and morbidly paranoid. What do you mean, it's true?" - The giggles started at this line and didn't stop for the whole first section. Theo turning into the ultimate Batman fanboy at the office was just perfect revenge. Perfect. :D

Apart from the money, Gianfranco now sees it as his chance to redeem his father's company, making something that will save lives instead of a chemical weapon. I wouldn't have tagged him for a quixotic romantic earlier, but I suppose I was wrong." - Aww, Gianfranco has grown up.

"I'm not so much worried about that," he admits, "as I am about them giving you ideas about a career in crime fighting." - Knowing your intention wasn't to making me laugh, but damn Bruce. He really has no idea that he already done that to her?
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 22 . 10/29/2012
"described the pair of intrepid operatives respectively as "half 007, half Superman" and "half Audrey Hepburn, half Mata Hari"." - Gianfranco is responsible for my new favorite Bat/Cat description. :D Who would have thought he'd come that far?

And we just love it whenever Alfred and Selina have a conversation. To the point where I think it's harder to write a story without one in it.